Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Torrance Gibson's list has changed again

Sebastian's picture
August 11, 2014 at 1:23pm
33 Comments
97Buckeye's picture

I did NOT see this one coming!

+4 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

No, he literally said like two days ago that we were still #1.

UT told him that he'd be a receiver, so he dropped them. Hence Arizona being on the list. The rest isn't surprising.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

PittBuckeye's picture

Pay no mind to Beth Mowins, nobody else ever has.

PittBuckeye's picture

#WhyIDon'tHaveATwitter

I hate lists, and hate changing lists, I like Birm telling me where he thinks these kids will go, and I like announcement ceremonies where they pick the Buckeye hat.

+2 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Or just don't follow recruits and only follow coaching staff/school employees.

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Or just follow your friends and other accounts that entertain you. That's what I do, and I absolutely love Twitter.

The whole "Oh Twitter is a dumb fad" thing has been played out since 2010. It's here to stay, and it's a hell of a lot better than Facebook.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

well school officials entertain me as well as Jerry Emig dropping knowledge bombs

Not stopping until I have more Helmet Stickers than M Man

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I don't think nor did I say it was a dumb fad, and no part of me believes it's going anywhere. I just don't care for social media, I have a Facebook that I'm on once a month maybe. It's just my opinion, and you're welcome to like Twitter all you want. I'd just say that you're response sounds preachy and misses the point of what I was saying.

+2 HS
buckeyebfd's picture

I enjoy this description of Twitter that I heard, "the social network for antisocial people"

Citrus's picture

Ryan Clark is a Miami guy. There is no indication that the lead has changed. 

mmounts's picture

I know people are going to trash him for changing his list again but when a school tells you that they want you to play another position, it makes sense to change your list.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I don't think anyone will or should trash him for changing his list, I'd be more surprised if his list didn't change again than if it did.

+2 HS
jonping67's picture

70% chance he won't play in Florida (his words, not mine), looks like it's down to 25%.

He's either going to be a Buckeye or a Tiger and I'd bet he's all OSU.

GO BUCKS!

305Buck's picture

List is definitely not in order. These are the schools that have always been in it with Arizona making a push lately. He just eliminated LSU, Tennessee and another school that I cant recall at this moment.

jamesrbrown322's picture

This just in - Official reaction from Tennessee fan base:

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+4 HS
Gray Box's picture

FWIW, Kurelic says the Buckeyes lead for Gibson:

+1 HS
BayArea_Buckeye's picture

He is not going to Miami. He has said repeatedly that he wants to get out of Florida. 

I don't see him going to Arizona, I just don't. 

This will be a race between Auburn and the Bucks. At this point, I'd give the Bucks a 70% chance. Don't be surprised if he commits after the VTech game. That game is going to be huge! 

+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

As TheBadOwl mentioned, OSU is still his #1.

The big change to note in that list is that Tennessee's gone, that is the headline news. As for the rest of the list, just my personal opinion/no insight:
1) Canes are a plausible fall-back plan, but haven't ever taken advantage of the hometown effect (and IMO likely won't ever, unless they somehow manage a fantastic season and start building up some hype, which actually could happen -- very average schedule means they could win 9 or 10 this year). Hasn't ever seemed like he's had that close a relationship with their coaching staff, though. As BayArea mentioned, he's said a few times that he'd like to go to college outside of Florida.
2) Most Auburn recruiting writers are saying Auburn is no longer heavily pursuing Gibson (take that FWIW), or at least they weren't prior to Deondre Francois' commitment to FSU (when he was still considering Auburn). They may have tried to ramp things back up with Gibson since, I'm not sure.
3) Arizona to me screams of needing another hat on the table

+1 HS
mobboss1984's picture

This is good for us I think

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

bethmowins's picture

Hopefully he doesn't mind playing in front of this crowd:

+4 HS
SilverState's picture

As much as Gibson cares about fan bases, can probably scratch off Miami.

+1 HS
FitzBuck's picture

But it's Da U.  They have a ESPN 30 for 30 and everything.  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

PittBuckeye's picture

And a really entertaining 30 for 30 at that. The part where Irving says something along the lines of "If you want us to stop dancing, come make us" sums up that whole era for me.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Ya the U 30 for 30 was great. They have fallen very far. 

-1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I agree, the three best 30 for 30 films were "Pony Exce$$," "The U," and "The Best that Never Was."

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

The documentary on Bo Jackson was my favorite one.

+2 HS
FitzBuck's picture

That was my favorite as well.  BO knows!!!

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Those were my 3 favorites as well. Youngstown boys would probably be next. 

PittBuckeye's picture

Marcus Dupree, good call there, that's one of those guys I would have liked to see have a real shot with a body that didn't quit on him.

GreatLakesMike's picture

lol... gotta be shtick at this point. 

whiskeyjuice's picture

Any guesses on how much more his list will change before the season starts?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes