Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

May have another addition coming to our 2017 class soon

305Buck's picture
August 5, 2014 at 7:39pm
34 Comments

2017 ATH Bruce Judson from Florida is committing the first week of his season per Michael Rockstedt. If anyone isn't familiar with Judson, he's teammates with Jamel Dean and he visited Ohio State with his other teammate 2017 WR Juwan Armstrong for FNL.

After the visit Judson named Ohio State his leader over Florida stating that, "Florida doesn't have anything on Ohio State." And his teammate Juwan Armstrong also stated that if Ohio State were to offer, he would commit on the spot.

Judson is a future top100 recruit.

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2693729/highlights/77238405

whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+3 HS
305Buck's picture

Judson will more than likely switch positions at Ohio State, skip past the passes and fast forward to the 3:15 minute mark in his highlight video to see how good this kid is with the ball in his hands.

+3 HS
OSU069's picture

How highly ranked do you think he will be? 

305Buck's picture

Not sure but from seeing his highlight video as a Freshman Varsity starter and dominating like that, I would say top 50 imo. He definitely should be a top 5 player in Florida for his class.

+2 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Looks like a stud. Thanks for the post 305.

How Firm Thy Friendship

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Clark, LeCounte, and Judson would be a freaking fantastic start to this class. Urban is at it again!

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

That was a little stunning. Fourteen years old, huh? Good God.

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

As a side note, it is crazy that kids are committing that early.

+1 HS
Nutty's picture

I agree. I have a 13 year old kid and can't imagine him deciding on a college at this point. Do people even realize how young these kids are? I don't like the trend of middle school or early high school kids committing to colleges.

Becool12's picture

Lane Kiffin disagrees... If you son waits any longer, he may not have a spot in the class

+3 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

I follow this kid on twitter and he IS everything OSU. I love his passion for the Buckeyes and I would be shocked if he doesnt sign with the Buckeyes in a couple of years. He often uses the hashtag #roadtoOstate a lot.

+3 HS
Nutty's picture

I follow this kid on twitter

That's kinda scary. He is 14? Maybe 15?

-5 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Well in fairness you have no idea how old the person who said that is.

+4 HS
CC's picture

Based on his other posts he's closer to 14/15 than my age 38.  Still a little weird.

-1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

LOL so is it weird Meyer follows recruits?? The age gap between Meyer and some of the recruits is waaaaay bigger than my age gap, Meyer follows 2017 WR Grimes. Why do I follow? for the same recruiting updates that recruiting analyst and coaches follow. Not weird at all. You act like he is a 14-15 year old GIRL, now THAT would be weird.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

LOL so is it weird Meyer follows recruits??

Terrible argument. Meyer following kids on twitter is part of his job. Not saying you are completely in the wrong for following recruits - to each his own. I do have a problem with people tweeting at recruits, though.

buckeyebobcat

+2 HS
Becool12's picture

I agree, there are grown men out there tweeting high schoolers like they are best friends. I understand you caring about your team and having the best players but tweeting a kid is a little obsessive. Imagine if you had thousands of grown men constantly contact your teen

irishfury's picture

This is silly.  Following a recruit is getting information from the horses mouth.  If you don't tweet the recruit and bother the recruit its know diff then reading about a recruit on a message board.  Millions of people use twitter.  

-1 HS
Jbucks's picture

the only locks i see in that class Lecounte and Clark
i say Leciunte bcuz he blows OSU up on twitter all the time and genuinely love the Buckeyes and Clark well bcuz he bleeds scarlett and sweats grey

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

O-H-I-Owe-U's picture

Reminds me of Braxton in terms of his cuts and acceleration. Could be a very special player. Hope he works hard and stays humble.

+1 HS
Murph32's picture

Glenville south!!!!!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I like that Murph - sounds like G-Ville is really starting to get around. Cass Tech is the latest I believe.

tiph88n's picture

So is this kid being recruited as a QB by tOSU?  I know Danny Clark is committed as a QB in '17, and if he is rated as highly as it appears Judson may be, we "could" land two absolute stud QBs?  That'd be nice, but signing day for the '17 recruits is beyond far away...but we can cross our fingers.

Pain is temporary...pride is forever!

Dips's picture

Per someone above, it is believed be will switch positions in college to a skill position.

mh277907's picture

I think Danny Clark is the man for 2017. He has the size and strength and he is further along at the position than Judson, who I think will end up at the RB/slot/hybrid position.

buckeyebobcat

RunEddieRun1983's picture

This pleases me

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

2017 is too far away for me to get excited about a kid that might commit.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

e135800's picture

Armstrong is 5'7 from what I've read.  How much taller can he get?

305Buck's picture

That's impossible for anyone to estimate. The kid may end up at 5'9, he may end up at 6'0 or he may end up at 6'4. He was only a Freshman when he got measured so we just have to wait and see.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Judson told Bucknuts that he's 80% sure that he's going to commit first week of his season, still thinking it over. He also told them that yes, Ohio State is still his leader.

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Judson will be committing the first week of his season, which starts next Monday.

Per Ryan Bartow, Judson named a top three of Ohio State, FSU and Clemson (in order), stating that Ohio State is his leader because he likes the offense, and he likes the way Meyer introduced himself at FNL.

+3 HS