Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

What happened to Jordan Wagner?

Buckeyevstheworld's picture
August 4, 2014 at 12:57am
124 Comments

Was looking up David Bell on twitter when I came across Jordan's twitter page. Saw this on it:

Former Recruiting Analyst for @11W.

Did I miss an announcement?

Wesleyburgess1's picture

Not sure. I would kind of like to know myself.

+2 HS

He must be 9Route joining Scout or 24/7.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

Inquiring minds want to know....

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yea this one is weird. I joke around a lot but I seen this man sticking a triple decker sammich half way down his neck just a week ago.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-5 HS

Drunk post?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

Seems like something went on...I would imagine someone who has volunteered for this site since I have been a member, would at least take time to explain or drop a tweet that he was leaving the site. But instead, he had time to update his twitter bio to add  "former 11w recruiting analyst," and change his (11w) profile picture to an egg. Who knows, he could have been hacked or this could be the real thing

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
crusher's picture

Does anyone know the hierarchy here at 11w? Who owns it? I've been visiting here for a while but I don't know much about it's staff or history. The only thing I can figure out is that Birm is an elite writer and a very informative follow on Twitter. Also Ramzy writes some awesome articles football and non football related. He reminds me of the Dos Equis guy, The Most Interesting Man In The World. Stay thirsty fellow Eleven Warriors

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Jason Priestley Priestas is the owner, right?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+4 HS
hodge's picture

Jason's the founder, but I believe that Ramzy owns Eleven Warriors LLC.

+2 HS
Ramzy Nasrallah's picture

There are multiple principles/owners - Jason and I are two of them.

re: Jordan - I learned about it here. He's a recruiting guy = I defer to Birm since he's the recruiting overlord, which speaks to the 11W hierarchy question in this thread: Decentralized, autonomous, pantsless and generally unkempt.

stittracer99's picture

Any way to get a copy of the 11W org chart?

+9 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Decentralized, autonomous, pantsless and generally unkempt.

Sounds like my wedding night.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+9 HS
rosycheeks's picture

Whatever happened, I'm sure it's DJ's fault.

+21 HS
TUNBUCK89's picture

Are we sure it's not Fickell's fault ?!!!...

+4 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

Sad life :(
EDIT: He just changed his name on Twitter from jordanwagner11w to jordanwagnerOSU. Something definitely occured.

+2 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

googling jordanwagnerOSU and it suggested jordanwagner11w, what a cruel joke

Troll hunter

+4 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Uh-oh. The silence from 11W hierarchy is deafening.

+5 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Jordan's family updated his account because I have it on pretty good authority that this happened to him:

+18 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I knew that new exhibit at the Columbus Zoo was nothing but trouble.

+10 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

This is the part of 'being a family' I deeply appreciate - we may not ever get to know the truth, but we all mourn when there is separation from one of our kind.

Now, if we find out later that he was the real Uncle9er or we find out he was really a skunkweasel in disguise, then we can reassess, but I'd like to believe that JW is still a good Buckeye.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
mh277907's picture

Sir Mix A Lot with very interesting pictures in his signature line...

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
What Would Troy Smith Do's picture

Sure does.  Guess he has a reputation to uphold.

+1 HS
Earle's picture

He cannot lie.

Just say no to italics abuse.

+3 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Did anyone check the papers for missing hikers?

finkel is einhorn, einhorn is finkel?

+3 HS
Baroclinicity's picture

It's getting a little difficult to keep track of things on 11W, but then again, there are things that I know are really none of my business.  Would like to see that "Meet the Staff" page functional as well.

When you're holding a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

+3 HS
TheAFBuckeye's picture

I agree. Clicked that link yesterday hoping to learn a few things and see who's who but no luck.  

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!!!

+1 HS
Findog5's picture

Staff????

NCFinn

+3 HS
RubixTube's picture

Was he in Toledo this weekend?

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

+11 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

So you're saying the water caused him to change his Twitter handle? My God it's worse than we thought up there!

+2 HS
RubixTube's picture

False alarm....this guy gave the all clear a few hours ago

Never before in the history of man have lives less lived been more chronicled. - Dennis Miller

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Quite interesting, this silence from The Lord of Whispers...

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

The Premium Lounge bulletin board says:  Jordon Wagner has <<PREMIUM CONTENT>> and you can expect to see him << PREMIUM CONTENT>>.  So there you have you have it.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+14 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I knew it!!

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Well played Toad - some things were supposed to be kept private - remember Half Naked Andy Vance's speech?

+4 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

Jordan is no longer with Eleven Warriors. We'll be looking to fill his position.

Earle's picture

Thus spake Zarathustra.

+16 HS
Oyster's picture

I would like to nominate AirBuckeye to replace him.  I'm sure DJ will second my motion.

+6 HS

Can you tell us all why, or is this content just for 30k users?

AndyVance's picture

Jordan is no longer with the site due to an unspecified violation of team rules.

Oh wait, we're not talking about former football players in a certain conference down south. Best of luck Jordan, thanks for your contributions to the site.

+12 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

We can't vote him back on the team?

+17 HS
Fatpants's picture

Oh no. I hope for all involved it's nothing like Brendan Gibbons' "family issues"

+1 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

You guys.... Clearly he wasn't playing Stanford Football.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+4 HS
Earle's picture

I'm guessing that Jason's brief statement is all he is going to say (or should say) on the matter:

+10 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

Wait..Jason gave a statement in his briefs? Didn't he learn anything from the band in the last few weeks?...

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

+5 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

Sad to see Jordan go.  From a staff's perspective, I can't decide whether it would be annoying or exciting to log onto the site first thing in the morning and be confronted by people asking about an employee's status before even having a chance to tell the story.

crusher's picture

Did he transfer to Akron too?

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men

+14 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Well, 9-route is looking for some work online & could probably do the work of at least 10 men.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+18 HS
Oyster's picture

Probably more than 10...

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

He's probably here already.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

He's probably here already.

"Probably"?

+2 HS
toad1204's picture

Anything you want to admit to Oyster?

+1 HS
Oyster's picture

I'll admit I was infatuated with the brunette in the pink dress at the wedding I attended Saturday night and that I had impure thoughts that my wife will never know about.

Other than that, I'm good right now.

+14 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I'm telling.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Earle already did.

+2 HS
Oyster's picture

That old bastard.  He's still pissed about his lawn.  It was two years ago and the grass has grown back, he really needs to let it go.

+3 HS
 brunette in the pink dress 

+16 HS
Oyster's picture

Heck yes it's a trap.  When you see someone as smoking as she is, and they are single and attending with their friends, they are usually psycho.

edit: I see that she is also a member of 11W's...

+11 HS
Unky Buck's picture

they are usually psycho.

Sign me up. Seems to be what I attract anyway.

+3 HS

edit: I see that she is also a member of 11W's...

It was Earle. He doesn't like you looking at his granddaughter.

+1 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

they are usually psycho

Short, dark, and crazy were always my go-to.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

That gif gets an up vote every time, it always applies, I don't care the situation.

Becool12's picture

I heard he persued his second career as Jonah Hill 

KBonay's picture

Huh.  Well good luck to him wherever he is.  I enjoyed his posts.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I hope any transfer waiver requests aren't denied...

Appreciate your efforts here, Jordan. Best of luck to you.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+2 HS
1967Buck's picture

I will miss him. He was by far one of the Best. And I didn't even get a knuckle bump to say peace. Wish you well Jordan.

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

Fatpants's picture

I don't know whether to blame Title IX or start a change.org petition to get him back.

+7 HS
mh277907's picture

Eh, I am thinking a candle light vigil and a march to his house.

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Can't do that until we take his statue to an undisclosed location in the middle of the night.

+2 HS
Sebastian's picture

The Fire Luke Fickell posts was just too much for Jordan to take

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I just wish Jason's statement was a little shorter, I get lost in all that babble, and can't really figure out what he was trying to say.

+8 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Jordan was a great part of our recruiting team and we'll definitely miss him. He wants to focus on school from what I understand and it's a shame for us because he was really a valuable part of the squad. 

jeremytwoface's picture

School shmool....

Where did an education ever get anyone?

+7 HS
1stYrBuckIClub's picture

Way to sneak another product of the Buckeye state into the thread! 

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Sorry to see Jordan go, but he has to do what is best for him. Thanks for your contributions to 11W, Mr. Wagner!

+2 HS
1MechEng's picture

Birm -

With the unexpected opening of an 11W roster spot, are there any 4* or 5* writing/reporting recruits that Jason may be targeting to fill Jordan's shoes?

Can we expect a commitment from one of these prospects before the start of the OSU Football season, or will Jason bank the spot for next years class?

What is Jason looking for in the next recruit - (SEC typing) speed or (B1G article) size?

Thanks in advance!

+10 HS

He came to play school? Good riddance.

+9 HS
gumtape's picture

Jordan Wagner = Robert Smith? Does that mean Birm = Elliot Uzelac?

High and tight boo boo

Fatpants's picture

He musta come to play skool

+1 HS
BassDropper's picture

Bring back Jordan Wagner!

Petition by

Brutus Buckeye

Best damn recruiting analyst in the land!

Did Birm die or something?

DIRECTIONER

+5 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

Enjoy your college experience Jordan! Thanks for the insight and memories.

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture
+4 HS
WesPatterson23's picture
+6 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Your user name blows my mind because I know a Wes Patterson and he is a Michigan fan.

Barnsey69's picture

Best of luck to Mr. Wagner, he will be missed.

Now, what about his job? Open try-outs? A cage match? Foot-race with Dontre Wilson? Debate with James Carville and Will Ferrell? Shoe-eating contest with Birm??

Speak man, SPEAK!

I just want the opportunity to impress...

Thank the Maker that I was born in Ohio, cradle of coaches, US Presidents, confederate-stomping Generals, and home of The Ohio State University Football Buckeyes!

+2 HS

Wonder if this puts the staff in a really hard place after hiring Pat to bring the  basketball coverage up to  par and Birm residing in Arizona. I would think the main content focus would  be football and recruiting with Basketball coming in 3rd? Oh well Im  sure it will get sorted out in a top notch and timely manner.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-2 HS
bodast67's picture

Rumor has it that Urban needed to free up the roster spot for Tracy Sprinkle's return to the team.

Good luck Jordan !

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/08/38240/ohio-state-reinstates-tracy-sprinkle

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

I know what we need to get through this...an Alex Gleitman "Im Coming Home" article here on 11warriors. 

+14 HS
sharks's picture

Or, or... Elika

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+20 HS

And Sarah.

+12 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

And my axe!

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS

Underrated comment.

jkrk's picture

I'm still not convinced that anyone other than DJ actually exists.

+8 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

There has to be at least one other person on the site, where else would the good grammar come from? Andy Vance can't possibly be the same person as DJ.

+2 HS
AndyVance's picture

Have you ever seen us in the same place at the same time? We share an affinity for Waffle House, Game of Thrones, oddball pop culture references and Ohio State athletics, so who's to say...

+4 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Touche, but here's an example. Appositive. DJ likely thinks that's the opposite of a negative, whereas I'd imagine you might have some other definition of it.

And since I fall on the side of psychology that doesn't believe that true split personalities are real, you have to be you and he must be he. Don't worry about that last sentence it was silly.

+1 HS
buckz4evr's picture

Definitely 9Route. 

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

We all knew you were already, coming clean doesn't help.

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I bet he stole Jason's girlfriend.

+3 HS

At least it isn't a Delonte situation.

Findog5's picture

See you at "Old Dutch" sometime Jordan!  You will be missed. 

NCFinn

+1 HS
irishfury's picture

Very sad pay the guy some moola he and brim my two favs.

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Not your worst typo tonight...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

I give him a pass due to auto correct messing with plenty of my posts. Benefit of the doubt has been given.

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

Nope I'm dyslexic.  I really think its funny when people have to talk about grammar or spelling on the internet.  Especially a football message board.  As someone who is dyslexic and quite successful in life I always though people who have to correct grammar and spelling live sad lives.  Like do they think the fact they took the time out of there day to correct my grammar or spelling its going to change anything.  Do they think I'm on a OSU English grammar forum?  I'm sure there's things he sucks at in life.  Like maybe he is bad in the sack.  I bet he would love to be reminded about that everyday.  Heck I even spent two minutes and noticed grammar mistakes in his own profile.  Nobody is perfect we all our good and bad at certain things.  Is your life really that boring and petty that you take time to harp about grammar and spelling on a football forum?

Jordan Wagner's picture

I just wanted to thank everyone for reading my stuff over the past 14 months. I decided it was best for me to move on. Thank you. 

+22 HS

Don't transfer to VolNation.

+2 HS

No problem Jordan and a lot of us appreciated your  contributions to this great site. Hopefully you left on good terms and can drop in every once in awhile to see  the progress that is being made not only here but in your situation also. Keep it real brother.

-2 HS
1MechEng's picture

Jordan -

We'll miss ya brother. Good luck in all of your future endeavors!

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

I just wanted to thank everyone for reading my stuff over the past 14 months. I decided it was best for me to move on. Thank you. 

9Route? 

-1 HS
BuckSince79's picture

Jordan,

Thank you for all your contributions.  You will be missed.

Go Bucks!

Hovenaut's picture

Good luck Jordan, thanks for all your input.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Always enjoyed your very direct matter of fact style. Best of luck boss.

HeuermanTheFireman's picture

Hoke ate him.

The person responsible for toes clearly wanted you to stub them.

+1 HS
1967Buck's picture

Thank you Jordan, for everything. Peace Bro.

+1 HS