Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ben Edwards Decommits.. Again

TobyMagic's picture
August 3, 2014 at 12:24pm
55 Comments

Ben Edwards just tweeted that he's decommited from Auburn.

Wonder what's going on there. Makes me appreciate the kids who take their time with the process and only commit when they're sure.

Also reinforces the fact that nothing is certain until NSD. 

Anyone know if the Buckeyes will get back in on this guy?

TheBadOwl's picture

Makes me appreciate the kids who take their time with the process and only commit when they're sure.

Tell that to all of the people here who talked shit on Gibson for releasing a top 15 list and making visits to like 12 different schools.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+22 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

BadOwl...always looking for that silver lining.

+2 HS
GreatLakesMike's picture

He needs to see the waterfall wall.

+9 HS
Gray Box's picture

The updated one!

+8 HS
cinserious's picture

As per relaxed NCAA rules, Edwards would now have full access to the Chocolate Wonderfall in the 11W Premium Lounge as well.

cw

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+10 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

The White Chocolate was just installed in the Lounge about an hour and a half ago

+5 HS
Knarcisi's picture

White chocolate is for suckers. 

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

This is why we shouldn't let people under 10,000 in. They don't know how to keep a secret. Now Hoke is going to join 11w.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Point taken BVTW - we will have to discuss rule changes at the next board meeting. Speaking of which - whose buying the keg this time?

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

As someone looking to keep access open to those below 10k helmet stickers...I guess me!

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

You're only below 10k because Hove has started stealing again.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

buckeyedude's picture

~~Speaking of which - whose buying the keg this time?

I don't know, but I know who's cleaning the shitters. :(

PortlandBuckeye45's picture

No need to purchase one. Roomate works for Columbia Distribution. We have a summer ale and coors on tap! So who's got the chicken wings? Please tell me someone works for BW3's?

RenegadeBuckeye's picture

Unfortunately, the University of Toledo had to turn their waterwall off.

+6 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

or there's this..............

+10 HS
buckeyedude's picture

LOL. Not true. Our water is still good enough to go #1 and #2. Just don't let it splash on your junk, or it may cause a rash. Seriously.

teddyballgame's picture

Hope he comes along with TG for an official.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Makes you think that the coaches that have cooled on this kid could potentially be out of the running. Kids got talent but his wavering may drive others away.

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

not a buckeye commit, not my problem to worry about it. 

-2 HS
MacG91's picture

Thanks for the thoughtful insight. 

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture

Ben Edwards is trending towards Stanford. Will likely commit soon and then decommit a few months later.

+4 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

At this rate the staff needs to call him at about 10am on NSD. 

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

He must want to play Stanford football. He should consult with Jesse Palmer about the one week a year where that doesn't happen. 

+1 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

2015 version of Alex Anzalone. 

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

Very rare to see a prospect de-commit from a university and later return. 

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

Rare indeed. Anyone feel sorry for Kyle Kalis yet?

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
Ohiothomas1's picture

Stanford-bound they're saying. Honestly, who wouldn't think really hard about a Stanford scholarship offer? One of the most prestigious schools in the world and has a great football team with a great head coach. Weather is nice too.

+10 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

True, but then you have to take classes at Stanford.

+5 HS
Patriot4098's picture

Oh, and the Bay area. That little thing.

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

TheBadOwl's picture

If I was a recruit and I had a Stanford offer, I'd take it. Absolutely world-class education plus they put people in the NFL on par with the best football programs. Oh, and it has the best weather and one of the best campuses you could ask for.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

It's always nice when kids commit & stay solid on the commitment. That said, hey, it is a big choice. "Where do I want to spend 3-5 years of my life, will they win, do I love the coaches/program & can they get the best out of me & get me to the next level?" are all questions likely running through their heads. Then you have friends & family pushing them in various directions. I have no idea how I'd handle it. Gotta be tough...Doubt he's got any shot at being a Buckeye though (if he was interested) due to the class filling up & the remaining targets being a bunch of highly sought after kids.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

EDUGOON's picture

Wow the Wild Ride that is Recruiting continues…..Hope this kid and his family figure it out soon. Seem's like he's a flavor of the month type of guy. 

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

theopulas's picture

I think if Edwards wanted to come back, we would gladly take him....when you deal with 17-19 year olds while they are making big decisions you get to understand them changing their minds (sometime coaches play on it....Urban has flipped a few ) Edwards can play.

Theopulas

+1 HS
mshaf's picture

What is the record for schools committed to in one season ? Maybe he`s going for the record

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I can think of at least 4  or 5 other recruits that I would take before Edwards, no offense intended. Guess I'm feeling a little greedy and hopeful that Urb can reel in some big fish out there.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

sivaDavis's picture

Sure about that big dog?

Anyway, quality player and you definitely would like to build the in-roads there like Birm said a while back. Hopefully I don't get killed for this but the way he handled himself after de-committing, I don't know it just seemed like he kept trying to throw shade on Ohio State. From what I remember it was nothing but love for Ben Edwards here but whatever. Everyone was wishing him well in the future. If Urban wants to go after him then I'm all for it, he is a good player and Urban obviously knows how to recruit. But IMO which means absolutely nothing, he just rubbed me the wrong way after he flipped. Gimme some news on how Jamel Dean and Tyler Green are doing all day. 

Don't flatter yourself young man. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+18 HS
jonping67's picture

Talent - Check

Size - Check

Parental guidance - NOPE

-3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Do you know him or his parents? Or are you just making things up so you feel better about hating a 17-year-old?

jonping67's picture

No, I don't know his parents.

No mention of "hate" in my comment nor do I have that feeling towards him.

To change your commitment once is one thing, but to change it gain shows either no parental guidance or very little to no integrity - you choose.

-10 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

change it gain shows either no parental guidance or very little to no integrity - you choose.

I'll choose to not make a straw man out of a 17-year-old's indecisiveness.

Before I chose Ohio State, I changed my mind about where I wanted to go to school pretty much every day. On the way to orientation, I was terrified and thought I'd made the wrong choice. Then, once I got on campus for orientation, I knew I'd made the right choice.

The kid got a Stanford offer. I'm not a parent, but I imagine that if I was, and my son got a Stanford offer, that's where I'd want him to end up.

+2 HS
The Butler's picture

Looking at his twitter account, there is no hate from Auburn fans. Nothing but best wishes.

I've trained Canaries in the sport of falconry.

+2 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

Rotary phone tweets take forever, bro...give it time.

+6 HS
theopulas's picture

if my dream was to play in the NFL...maybe not Stanford....

Theopulas

funtubs's picture

Richard Sherman went to Stanford so...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Doug Baldwin - Went undrafted and know he's one of their starting WR's

Nutty's picture

I'd send my kids to Stanford everyday all day. It is a great school, a great location and a good football program. It isn't a great football program like OSU, OSU is a good school and a good location. OSU has the advantage with exposure and fans. Take your pick, you can't lose either way.

+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Stanford >>>>>>>Auburn. Case closed.

buckeyeboy31's picture

That's un-American

sin,

hillbilly AD from Auburn

HoopHal's picture

Maybe the check from Auburn bounced!

ShowThemOhiosHere's picture

Well obviously the SEC bagman didn't come through. 

Class of 2010.

Becool12's picture

He is too busy paying for Derrick Henry's car... And hopefully a new hairline

Becool12's picture

Anyone who decommits from OSU clearly doesn't have the intelligence to get into Stanford

AngryWoody's picture

I don't care about the flip flopping, he hits like a semi-truck and I would take him in a heartbeat. 

Our Honor Defend!

+1 HS