Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

5* Josh Sweat announces official visits

KB3RG's picture
July 30, 2014 at 9:15am
24 Comments

Will take official visits to:

FSU, Oregon, OSU, UGA, VaTech

blocko330's picture

This pleases me

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I can't decide if I'd rather he come for an official for the V tech game or Michigan

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

The Va Tech game is going to be a great atmosphere and since they are getting 1 of his 5, I wouldn't mind him coming for that game to see us lay wood to our competition for him.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

That's definitely true. On the other hand the Michigan game will be a great atmosphere and it'd be more likely to be his last visit and it's always nice to get the last visit.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

and it'd be more likely to be his last visit and it's always nice to get the last visit.

Done. You've convinced me.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

PittBuckeye's picture

I'd say beating some of our competition for him in front of him would be the best, except for the Michigan game. Nothing in college football can touch the atmosphere of that game, and then he has to compare that to any game he's been to at any other stadium. Plus the last visit thing helps. 

The Va Tech game will no doubt be a cool atmosphere, but not like the buzz around the city for Michigan. Not even close.

mh277907's picture

Certainly good news. Would be nice if he visits for the Va Tech game and we win by 5 touchdowns.

buckeyebobcat

+3 HS
Texasbucksfan's picture

Would love to have him at THE game and have Lebron there also.  I think I read somewhere that Harris was coming to that game also.   That would be huge.  

PittBuckeye's picture

I've always thought celebrities were overvalued in recruiting, but Lebron freaking James putting his arm over your shoulder and saying "you should come to Ohio State" wins in my book. Most popular athlete in the world.

+5 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

I think it would be one thing if like Justin Beiber (terrible example) came to columbus and was doing that, but Lebron is an Ohio guy, he's genuine, he grew up with the team.  Those kids know that when he is there it's because he really wants to be.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

Oldschoolbuck's picture

Can't believe you used Justin Bieber and LeBron James in the same sentence!

Gametime's picture

ASH FTW!

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+1 HS
KB3RG's picture

I want him to come for the VT game.  Night game, crowd will be electric. Will have Gibson there for an official as well. You know Danny Clark will  be there and hopefully Hilliard will be in attendance as well.  

+4 HS
BroJim's picture

I like our chances with Sweat. I hope he has a healthy and productive senior season. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+14 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Bro, awesome what you did last night with the sweater vest, man.

+8 HS
BroJim's picture

Thanks MN, I'm just trying to do what I can with what I have.

If you pray, pray for our Buckeye Brother, if you make wishes at 11:11 or when you see a shooting star than please wish with him in mind. 

Let's try to go about exploring 11W without drawing too much attention to anything but the awesome articles publish daily for FREE. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+18 HS
Oldschoolbuck's picture

Concur, Bro. Brought tears to my eyes. As someone said on the other thread, you get auto UVs from me.

+2 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Sweat is Hilliard-like (although somewhat quieter) in his recruitment. Class all the way.

+3 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

Best player in the country, period! Roll out the red carpet for this kid as he is a game changer. Other than QB, is there another more important position than a rush end? Not a need, but most definitely a WANT!

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

I think its an OSU, VT, FSU battle for him. VT sounds like it has a pretty huge lead right now but getting him back to Columbus is a good thing and can only help. Would be arguably the best recruit we have had since Clarett, even more so than Pryor IMO. 

-1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I am glad we made the list - I really hope Urban gets the last crack!

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Very fortunate to have an official visit. Now we have the closer to finish things off.

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

FSU, Oregon, UGA, VaTech?  "I don't sweat you."

+1 HS