Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Danny Clark '17

apack614's picture
July 29, 2014 at 10:35am
26 Comments

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/07/ohio_state_friday_night_l...

I don't know how the rest of you feel, maybe I am biased due to the fact he is my wife's cousin, but this kid is going to be something special while playing for tOSU. This kid is amazing on the field and I am truly excited to see what happens with him over his next 3 seasons at Massilon and coming to tOSU. The discipline and respect he has on camera with the media runs much deeper, you should see how well he treats his family and how truly great of a kid he is off the field. This kid is the epitome of what we need at tOSU. A great kid with respect, discipline on and off the field (i.e. grades and staying out of trouble) and roots that love The Buckeyes so much that we would be considered martyrs to the University by most of the population of the U.S.

Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for sharing Apack - he appears to have all the leadership qualities to lead this team in the future. One of those future superstars that will make a name for themselves once they land on campus.

+2 HS
Buckeyeneer's picture

Seeing him first hand at FNL, he looked really great. Couldn't believe he was so young.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+5 HS
luckynutz's picture

Seems like he is always on campus. Even before the offer and commitment, he was always around. And since the commit, hes always there. For big recruiting weekends, camps...and he is in the thick of working on guys in his class and the classes before his as well. Building relationships and always working to improve and receive instruction from his future coaches. Sucks we have to wait 3 years before he dons the scarlet and gray. But love the fact he is 110 percent locked in and committed to this program.

+4 HS
Clevelander's picture

Well I might as well throw it out there, who ya taking week 10? EGW and the Bulldogs or Clark and the Tigers.

+4 HS
apack614's picture

After the beating the Tigers put on them last year. I've gotta go with the Tigers again this year!

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Mcdaniels back at mckinley and egw at his real position pups in a tight one

O'Deez330
stark county football

+2 HS
apack614's picture

It will be close I can't wait to go watch we have his mom getting us tickets haha but if I'm not mistaken since last year it was played at the Hall of Fame that means Mckinley was the home team correct? If I'm right Massilon will have the home field advantage. Definitely going to be a better game than last year though!

Katzfan's picture

WOW!  Kid is so humble bet yet confident.  Me Likes!!!  SO GLAD this kid is a Buckeye and is PROUD, MORE than PROUD to be one as well.  Thanks for sharing Apack614.

+3 HS
Jbucks's picture

This kid already looks the part of a college QB hes got the size, a good head on his shoulders and a cannon he looks as tho he is gonna be primed for buckeye greatness.

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+1 HS
Findog5's picture

At FNL he certainly was a cut above. Really enjoyed watching the kid. 

NCFinn

+2 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

Am I the only one who looks at our potential QB situation and gets nervous/giddy all at the same time?  In theory, we could have Collier as a Senior, Burrow/Gibson as a Junior, Haskins (or Pass or Henry) as a Sophomore, and Clark as a Senior.  Collier is becoming a fan favorite because of all the work he puts in and his attitude, I think Burrow is a little unpolished but has the tools to be developed into something special, Gibson fits the mold of recent TOSU qbs, I feel like Haskins could be the real deal - a great athlete and a really good passer, and I'm pretty sure everyone agrees Clark is a freak who could start for a lot of colleges right now.

This makes me extremely excited, obviously, but nervous as well because I want them ALL to get behind center and show what they can do.  I mean, what if Burrow turns out to be a stud and Haskins and Clark get stuck behind him on the depth chart for a couple years?  I know this is a ridiculous post, but I want to see all these kids succeed! 

I don't remember ever having this problem when Tressel was here. It's obvious that Meyer just needs to recruit less successfully.

+1 HS
apack614's picture

Haha, you know I have never looked at it like that but I would much rather have that problem than the one we possibly face this year where if Braxton gets hurt we might just have to pull a highschool kid off the sideline to come finish the game!

PittBuckeye's picture

I have a ton of faith in Cardale Jones, I'm sure he'll get a chance to throw the ball a few times this year. I think that dude could surprise a lot of people (yourself included)

+1 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

I agree entirely!  I like Jones and Barrett as well!

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Amazing that we could have two 5-star leaders for this class so early on if Richard LeCounte decides to hop on board. It would be an atrocity if they are not 5-stars next year when 2017 rankings come out!

+2 HS
Mortc15's picture

Cannot possibly have too much talent at any position, especially qb. Can't wait to see ALL the qbs grow over the coming years. 

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Everytime I have spoken with Danny, he has been nothing but open, humble, and ready to help.  He is going to do special things on and off the field here.

O-H!

+2 HS
BucksFan2000's picture

Only saw him play once last year, but all I could think about was "need him in a Buckeye uniform... need him in a Buckeye uniform..."

It's funny how long from now he'll actually take the field.  If people felt like Craft was around forever, what's this going to be like?

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

We are in rarified air here, where we get 7 more years of Danny Clark. And I have a feeling we will be talking about him long after he leaves.

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

He might finally bring massillon their first real state title in division 2

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
Buckabroad's picture

Man. Clark seems like he has been giving interviews on camera for years. Our future success is secure.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

BUCK-I-FAN's picture

Awesome to know he is a grounded individual. I hope he does well on the field for us, but it appears he is already a winner off of it. His parents have done a great job. 

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Quick question. Isn't he actually a year older than his HS grade? Meaning he is going into his soph year, but isn't he old enough to be going into his JR year?

apack614's picture

Well depends how you look at it, yes he is going into his Sophomore year as a 16 year old. That will make him older than most of the kids in his grade at the beginning of the year. He is right on that line but he will still be eligable to play his senior year of highschool though.

Woodshed's picture

Cool. Thank you.

+1 HS
BullCityBuckeye's picture

"...we would be considered martyrs to the University by most of the population of the U.S."

I do not think that word means what you think it means:-)   I kid (and get what you are saying), but a sincere thank you for the info on Danny Clark.  He definitely seems like a young man with his priorities in order.  As Buckeye fans, we would be lucky to have him lead our favorite team in a few years.

+1 HS