Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Friday Night Lights Updates

Jordan Wagner's picture
July 25, 2014 at 1:34pm
51 Comments

We're just about 5 hours until Friday Night Lights starts to get rolling. We've had a lot of coverage on the front page leading up to the event. Here is the updated visitor list

Most of the prospects are already arriving on campus. There are also plenty of scheduled visitors that aren't making it. Jake Pickard, Amir Ealey and Devante Peete are a few of the top names to back out. 

Obviously, much of our coverage will come after the event. We'll have the opportunity to interview many of the top prospects in attendance. Sometimes some of the top guys do not do interviews at these events. We'll bring those interviews to you in the coming days. 

Due to the Shoe's poor WIFI and the poor battery life of my phone, I won't be able to post many updates on the forum. On Twitter, Kyle, Patrick, John and I should have plenty of information. Birm will be in Arizona on Gray Box watch. 

Here are a few quick updates/tweets from some of the visiting prospects that have arrived early:

The man, the myth, the legend Torrance Gibson has finally arrived at Ohio State

2016 OL Drake Jackson recently picked up an offer from Alabama. He is a strong candidate to land an OSU offer soon.

2017 ATH Bruce Judson seems to be loving his Ohio State tour. The QB already has an offer from Ohio State. 

2015 DB Damon Arnette recently committed to South Carolina over Ohio State, although some say his offer wasn't committable. He'll try to earn his offer tonight.

2015 WR Reggie Rogers will be catching passes from HS teammate Danny Clark. Zach Smith requested he come to FNL in hopes to earn an offer. 

2015 TE Josh Moore made the trip to camp at Friday Night Lights. He has an offer and has the Buckeyes in his top group. 

Tyler Green is in the house.

CincyBuckeye31's picture

Good stuff!  Thanks Jordan.  Hopefully FNL is a HUGE success as usual.  A commitment would make my weekend too!  Go Bucks!

jedkat's picture

Birm will be in Arizona on Gray Box watch. 

“The teams that don’t respect their coaches and don’t trust their coaches are the teams that go .500"
~Zach Boren

+10 HS
MacG91's picture

Who will he be watching?

Mac..yeah

+2 HS
Citrus's picture

Well, that effectively ends my planned bar exam studying.

+8 HS
BuckeyeLaw's picture

Good Luck. My study is about finished at this point as well. 

OSU 2011 - Toledo Law 2014

+2 HS
Scott's picture

Moritz grads?

Class of 2008

+2 HS
Citrus's picture

I'm a Moritz grad.

+1 HS
Jbuckham94's picture

I don't think I would get my hopes up about Kirk like someone below said. If I recall I think Birm spends a lot of time in Arizona regardless. And by saying he'll be on gray box watch, I think that just means he'll be manning the website and posting a gray box if the need arises. My guess would be Conrad, especially if Connor can get in his ear and tell him how good it feels to get that offer and commit to the good guys.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

Jordan Wagner's picture

Birm lives in Arizona and cannot attend. JBuckham is right that I meant he will be manning the website. Gray Box watch for Conrad and McCall for sure. 

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Does Birm go to American Junkie??

Adam21's picture

I went to this place for Buckeye games when I lived in Tempe. Loved it!

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Hard to get a seat but amazing if you do.

703Buckeye's picture

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+5 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

^^ couldn't agree more 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+4 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

Damn no Peete... Really starting to wonder if he's no longer going to be a part of this class

+2 HS
ITWASME's picture

Gray Box? Arizona? Christian Kirk?!

+1 HS
avail31678's picture

Exactly what I was wondering.  For who/why is Birm in Arizona and why is he on Gray Box alert?!

We need answers!

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Birm lives in Arizona if Im not mistaken and runs the show on Gray Boxes, so thats probably his duty for the FNL coverage rather than any hint at Kirk or an expected commitment for 2015. Thats my guess anyways.

+6 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Are you telling me that Birm moved to Arizona to recruit Kirk ...

+9 HS
UFest57's picture

He moved there to recruit RichRod back to scUM. 

+4 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Jordan,

Just a guess here, but I'd say at least one and possibly two of these 2015 prospects commit by Monday: Lawrence Cager, Reggie Rogers, CJ Conrad.  From 2016, my guess is both DeMario McCall and Jake Hausmann are on commit watch.  Am I anywhere in the ballpark?

Jordan Wagner's picture

All are definitely guys to keep a close eye on. 

Ahh Saturday's picture

Another question for Jordan.  Is that list linked above the final list or might there still be one or two surprises?

Jordan Wagner's picture

It's hard to get an all inclusive list. There will definitely be guys that camp that are not on the list. I think we have the top guys listed. 

Mizzillion's picture

Burrell is at FNL, too.   Wrong one, though.  Uggh.

+3 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

I can't get over the Abraham Lincoln "SWAG" shirt.

How Firm Thy Friendship

+10 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

bit sucky that he chose that FNL (Urbans invention) over ours. 

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Burrell can take all of his visits and enjoy them as long as he commits to the Buckeyes when it's all said and done

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
sharks's picture

UF FNL? FML.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Sorry. Didn't downvote you. Downvoted Burrell's shirt.

-6 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Lol why did Burrell say he couldn't make it to FNL? I know it wasn't because he was going to UF's. That's for sure.

Seattle Linga's picture

I loved what Judson says about these 3 days going by slowly and being around these players.

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Only have 8 more spots... If my math is good which is always questionable...

Sweat.  Kirk (dont think so). Harris. Burrell (hate that he is at Florida). Gallimore. Richmond. Jefferson.

Then a unnamed DT. 

I just dont think anyone else gets in.  Unless the waterwall was only the first step to tOSU morphing into Bama.

-2 HS
OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

I was walking from my house on 12th to the RPAC earlier and there are tons of recruits riding in these Buckeye themed golf carts. I've never seen anything like this on campus before, it's actually hilarious. Also ran into Torrance at the RPAC, seemed to really be enjoying his visit.

I'm heading over to the stadium when I get off work at Fisher so I'll try to take some pics and videos for those who can't attend.

+3 HS
Hayze's picture

Demario McCall told Kurelic that there is no way he commits tonight :(

+4 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
buckny's picture

Per Bill Greene, 2015 TE Josh Moore committed.

+2 HS
Mercurius's picture

That didn't take long.

+1 HS
buckny's picture

Probably means no CJ Conrad

+1 HS
OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

We want to take 2 TE's according to Birm 

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

Pipeline for Ohio State?!

PittBuckeye's picture

Is that the same place as The Ohio State University?

+3 HS
weimerad's picture

With the commitment of Alabi prob means that Gallimore will go elsewhere. Unless Sweat goes elsewhere

-1 HS
Woodshed's picture

IMO osu still wants gallimore badly.

+2 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

Alabi might be a guard, not a tackle.

KBonay's picture

Jordan-

Any recruits staying through the weekend?  Was TG just there for the night?

With all the TG excitement, didn't hear much about Burrows.  How did he look?  Was he recruiting kids?  Did he interact with TG?

Woodshed's picture

I think I read that Gibson is here until Sunday?

+3 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

Burrow was there, but did not workout. I saw him hanging out with Hilliard a little bit, but with Collier more than anyone else. He didn't seem to be talking with many of the big name targets as much as some of the other guys, but a lot of the targets were working out. 

+1 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

Drake Jackson is staying through Saturday at least. He is the top rated center in 2016. 

+1 HS
rjsmitty's picture

Two commits at FNL & The Bucks lead for Gibson? That waterfall is paying off already!