Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

CJ Conrad

WesPatterson23's picture
July 24, 2014 at 10:08pm
37 Comments

According to Bill Greene, he will be working out at FNL. Looks like he is finally giving in to our coaches wishes. Hopefully we can pull the flip.

Buckeye Elite's picture

If the coaches offer he could flip. I was impressed with him at the opening in 7 on 7.

"Clear eyes, Full heart, Can't lose!"
                                  - Friday Night Lights

+1 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Good news! It sounds like they have worked through their differences and are back on good terms.

rdubs's picture

I am not sure they were ever on "bad" terms.  It just seemed like they weren't going to offer him without seeing him at camp and he didn't feel like he owed that to OSU.  Maybe he felt a bit disrespected or wanted enough by OSU.  Either way, this can only help our chances that he has changed his mind about camping.

Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Where are you hearing "they've worked thru their differences and are back on good terms"?  I haven't seen this reported anywhere, unless you're running with 'because he's supposed to be at FNL' (which if you are, then I don't know how/why you're making the leap you're attempting to make).

-1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

BIG news hope he's offered n flips

O'Deez330
stark county football

+2 HS
GregNJ's picture

I think its pretty telling that he says his family has really been pushing for him to go earn that Ohio State offer. Guess we know where that stand don't we. 

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

If he's offered and flips that might also help with Damien Harris.

teddyballgame's picture

Hope he's offered. 

Turtlebuster's picture

For some reason i think this one is just a matter of time...

+1 HS
KB3RG's picture

I almost feel sorry for Kentucky.....

1)Their #2 rated recruit is camping at OSU today and more than likely lands a dream offer. Conrad may realize that it was no slight from OSU by offering him in person as this was done with Conner, Jones, etc...

2) George Brown is one of their top OL targets and he picked up an offer from Florida and all signs are that he will commit to them.

3) Alex Stump currently committed to Kentucky is flying out to visit Stanford tomorrow 

+1 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

Nothing like a good reality check.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

I don't think we'll get any of the three.  Also, I'm still sore about Lattimore, Smith, and Jones going to Kentucky.

+4 HS
KeithMC33's picture

Plus you would have to think that IF Conrad flips to us that helps even more with Harris. Him and Conrad, from what others have said at least, seem pretty tight so that could be good news for us!

I know this is probably wrong, but i CANNOT wait to see BBN in full meltdown mode if those 3 flip to other schools and they lose out on Harris!

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

I think it only helps us in the regard that it hurts Kentucky.

+1 HS
WayCraKen's picture

Everything I have read the OSU coaching staff has him rated 3rd best TE in Ohio and nationally many above him. Maybe at camp they will find out he is #1 and offer. He has already shown at camps he is the best but evaluations from coaching staff differs. Maybe there is a flaw?  The thing is Conrad is a receiver type of TE. Will that fit?  No doubt in my mind Conrad will be best performer at FNL. Stoops and Marrow are really high on him. 

Ahh Saturday's picture

Third best what in Ohio?  Player?  TE?  If TE is your answer, I'd love to know who the two Ohio TEs that Kentucky has rated above Conrad are.

OSU069's picture

I think he is referring to the 2 2016  tight ends.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

The thing is Conrad is a receiver type of TE. Will that fit?

Yes.

I'm also wondering what 3rd refers to.

Woodshed's picture

Osu has 2 2016 ohio TE's with offers.

the "3rd best TE in ohio according to osu" is counting the 2016 kids. It is the new rhetoric that UK fans are spouting to Conrad.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I'd be really interested in hearing what Stoops and Marrow have had to say about the young man. You know since there is that major rule on how coaches aren't allowed to even acknowledge a recruit by name until signing day has passed. Have you had personal conversations reguarding CJ with coach Stoops? Feel free to fill us in on the Kentucky coaching staffs evaluation of him as a TE.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-2 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

[previous comment edited; needed more caffeine]

Woodshed's picture

No. He isn't saying that. Nor is he saying kent. Is going to get hausman.

BuckeyeRick's picture

You guys should read the comments on the CJ Conrad news at KentuckySportsradio.com. Comical. http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/cj-conrad-camping-at-ohio-state-this-weekend/

BuckeyeRick's picture

Best comment of the bunch over there:

KentuckyFred July 25, 2014 at 11:32 am | Permalink

If Kentucky were in the b10 they’d go undefeated every year with the sec talent we got

+3 HS
KB3RG's picture

Logic July 25, 2014 at 11:24 am | PermalinkThe problem with your statement is that while he may be amongst the best players in the country at Kentucky, they are on the opposite side of the ball. He’ll be getting his tail handed to him by the best players in the country. It’s one thing to play on a team of champions (most of the SEC, but not Kentucky), it’s a completely different thing to be the tackling dummy for a team of champions.

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I'm bored so I read it. My IQ dropped 20 points.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

Only 20? That was some of the worst comments I've ever seen.

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I was only exposed to it for a minute. The longer you read it, the dumber you get.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
kgab11's picture

This is the pure genius from you'd expect from a Kentucky fan:

"If he wants to play tight end and then murder a bunch of people, Meyer will help get him there."

+3 HS
niblick's picture

I wanna click that link out of curiosity so badly but I know it will end in nothing but wasted time and laughter.

+1 HS
niblick's picture

Couldn't help myself, clicked the link and 60 seconds in I find this lil gem.

"Stoops and co. Dunn gone and tooken over the state of ohio!"

+2 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

More power to Stoops and KU for the work they have done on the recruiting front. Thanks to them for giving many Ohio kids a landing spot to play Div I football so close to home.

Now lets get real. How many of these kids chose KU over OSU, MSU, UM or Penn State. Give me a break!

Urban, my man, get Gene Smith on the phone. We scheduled Cincy, now lets add Kentucky and TN to the list and begin working our way South. I get schools (and their fans) like Bama, LSU or FL giving OSU a hard time. But these other SEC need a harsh reality check.

+1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Kentucky is the University of Kentucky so it's UK, not KU (side note: KU is usually how people refer to Kansas even though technically the name of that school is University of Kansas)

+1 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Not sure that Conrad will get the offer now that Josh Moore has committed. 

Woodshed's picture
+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Poor guy.  Good luck to him at 'Tucky.

+3 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

What a bizarre situation. 

+1 HS