Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Gibson not visiting???

bulion33's picture
July 23, 2014 at 10:11pm
109 Comments

Reading things on Scout (from Nevada and Bank) that he most likely will not make it up now.  Per Nevada's 3rd wiseman, there is a 5% chance and according to Bank it's transportation issues?  Let's hope that he pleasantly surprises all of us and still makes it (although kinda getting sick of the games he's playing).

Knarcisi's picture

And these ... are The Days of Our Lives. 

+20 HS
OSUStu's picture

Gibson appears to be one of The Young and the Restless

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+18 HS
Knarcisi's picture

He commits here, and we'll have some patients for General Hospital. 

+17 HS
OSUStu's picture

Hopefully someone will act as a Guiding Light to help him find his way to OSU.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

+17 HS
Knarcisi's picture

He better get here soon. There's only One Life to Live. 

+16 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Bold.

And beautiful.

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+15 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Not sure what these kids are thinking. Another World. 

+15 HS
OSUStu's picture

Getting Gibson here will be great for us All. My Children will even be excited! 

+15 HS
Knarcisi's picture

They'd spin like tops, As The World Turns. 

+14 HS
Hovenaut's picture

It's a prime-time event...which could lead to a Dynasty.

I am not the Last Dragon, therefore I do not possess the power of the Glow.

+7 HS
OSUStu's picture

That is because the have such strong Passions for this great university.

+8 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Someone find a reasonable way to use "Venice: The Series" please. I tried, and failed.

+4 HS
Crimson's picture

Instead, Gibson will be visiting Venice: The Series of stops will also include Milan and Florence.  He may also make it to Dallas when he gets back to the states.

+8 HS
Terry Porter's picture

Maybe he was worried about the Rough Crossing.

1942, 1954, 1957, 1961, 1968, 1970, 2002, and counting.

+1 HS
Young_Turk's picture

With our coaching, the sky is the limit, maybe even Peyton Place.

+1 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Maybe Torrance just needs to clear his mind and take a walk to One Tree Hill.

Our Honor Defend!

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Torrance needs to really look down deep inside and if he's wise he will gander and Search for Tomorrow because that is where the answer lies.

+4 HS
yankeescum's picture

I heard that TCU is recruiting him real hard and he is on his way to Dallas.

+4 HS
Unky Buck's picture

WTF just happened here?

+15 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

Everyone in this thread needs to burn their man card.

+12 HS
Mzungu_Buckeye's picture

With so many schools recruiting him, he still has a lot of Decisiones to make.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

There seems to be many issues lurking within the Dark Shadows that keep him from making a trip up here.

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

wait, somewhere I think I got LOST! I might need to go see a DOCTOR, WHO knows a good one?

http://blog.koldcast.tv/2013/koldcast-news/sci-fi-tv-shows-that-were-rea...

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+2 HS
gumtape's picture

I would be happy with Glee if he committed here. He would be a great asset to our Community.

just another psycho, irrational, delusional Ohio St fan

+1 HS
krodawg's picture

I'm hearing he'll be in Dallas instead.

Burnsy's picture

Whoa, Who's the boss, here? It's up to Gibson, and it isn't like he has to traverse the Highway to Heaven to get here. Cheers mates.

+1 HS
Remington2323's picture

Only time will tell...

OSU069's picture

Well I guess he was planning on driving so that might make it hard. 

TheBadOwl's picture

There are a lot of factors that could lead to him not making an 18-hour trip. Let's not just chalk that up to "playing games" FFS.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
HighBallAce's picture

I'm sorry but to me, the "5%" chance seals the deal for me. Dwayne Haskins is a far better quarterback coming in the following year anyway.

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Yea, but while that's probably true someone who is that athletically gifted may very well turn out to be a better all around qb in time. I have been amazed over and over again what freakishly athletic people can do.

And if all else fails you have someone who is supposedly as much of a sure thing to make it to the NFL as a WR as anyone can be at that age. That's an ok backup plan.

+2 HS
bigDbuck's picture

No doubt will get down voted into oblivion. But have been saying for awhile that we need recruit leaders at QB position. Would love for TG to join, but best of luck. I think we have who we need in 15. 

+10 HS
ITWASME's picture

Completely agree. I'd love to have him but not really going to break my heart if he goes somewhere else

+4 HS
BroJim's picture

Why am I not surprised? 

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Thread title needs more ???? IMO.

+3 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

ill wait until the ~*~*~*~*~*~*~lord of whispers~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ weighs in.

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

Jeremypreemo81's picture

this above----------true story------I'll wait on Birm

Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Not surprised one bit.

Also... I 'Upvoted' all the soap opera comments... but then again, I was also concerned at how many men knew the names of various different soap operas.  That was a little alarming...

+5 HS
OSUStu's picture

But I just gotta have my stories.

+3 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

That's what my grandma always said. She had to be home to watch "her stories" so she would plan her day around them.

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

Not gonna lie, I used to follow the CBS soaps faithfully. The Young and The Restless was my favorite, but Bold & The Beautiful wasn't bad either. Haven't watched in a few years, but I assume I could pick right back up and still follow the basic storyline. 

+2 HS
OSUStu's picture

I did watch Y&R with my mom as a tyke but I can't say I remember any of it.

bethmowins's picture

I understand the whole FL to OH unofficial visit on your own dime thing can be tough. Can we just schedule an official visit and stop hyping this maybe I will/maybe I won't thing every month?

+2 HS
m5987usus's picture

Something is coming at midnight, check the tweeter feed.

O-H!

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

He lives in Florida it's not an easy trip. I know i couldn't of if i were him at 18 so chill guys he's not playing us (we're not PlayStation)

O'Deez330
stark county football

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Florida to Oklahoma isn't an easy trip either but it happened. I'm completely happy with Joe Burrow, Dwayne Haskins, then Danny Clark. 

+5 HS
Hayze's picture

Eh I don't fault him.

He visited Oklahoma when he was on a trip in the southeast...Auburn, Tennessee, LSU. Oklahoma isn't a terrible drive from Louisiana.

He's visited on his own dime, that's all you can ask.

+2 HS
rampageripster's picture

Baton Rouge to Norman is 9 hours (I used to live in BR, it's nowhere close) while Knoxville to Columbus is 5 hours

His excuses at this point are a load of [mark may] and I'm really over it

Cause I couldn't go for three

+1 HS
krodawg's picture

Agreed. I'll add that It's his timeline and order of preference, not our's.

bulion33's picture

UPDATE:  Bank now saying logistics worked out and he WILL be there for FNL.  *Sigh* I guess it's time to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

+2 HS
Bags5150's picture

Sounds like his plane is Knotts Landing in Cbus...

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth~Mike Tyson

+10 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

"psych" got us!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Glad to hear he'll be here. It's a far trip, but it's not as if he were heading to the 90210 area code...or Melrose Place.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

YaY

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-2 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Gibson WILL still visit for Friday Night Lights, per his Twitter. 

PittBuckeye's picture

Great you say this after the button has already been pushed.

+7 HS
Gray Box's picture
+8 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

It's his Density.  

+9 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

146 and 153 people felt the need to favorite these tweets.  Because obviously, we all want to be able to remember this historic event years from now.

This is why I don't twitter.

PittBuckeye's picture

That reason is so far down the list it barely makes the honorable mention page.

+7 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

whether its crap reporting or he is playing games, its a daily roller-coaster ride with this guy. Im glad he hasn't committed anywhere as Im sure it'd be an 'Alex Anzalone' flip-rate situation. 

jamesrbrown322's picture

I didn't want him anyway...

Oh, wait he's visiting now? Yay! He's the #1 recruit I want for this class!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+25 HS
clogan1032's picture

It's funny because it is true

+3 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

I will be hitting the road to Columbus Ohio tomorrow at noon! #Buckeyes

— Torrance Gibson (@quick_tg6) July 24, 2014

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Man, some grown men REALLY get upset about this kid's actions. From all fan bases it seems.

+10 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

He'll be so damned tired, he won't be worth a shit on Friday evening.  At least he'll be able to feel the love.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

12 hour drive today, 6-8 hour drive tomorrow.  It's doable, and his coach does the driving for a lot of these things.

+1 HS
2002osubuck's picture

From what I've seen, he's coming with his coach, who's helping at the camp. He'll get paid for his time and travel expenses so that shouldn't be an issue. The same thing happened with Dixon and his coach last year. It's a way to get kids on Campus that wouldn't have the means otherwise. 

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

Anyone remember if this is the recruit whose coach is an Ohio State fan?

osu407's picture

I think I remember hearing that. 

2002osubuck's picture

There's a couple that are buckeye fans. Not sure if Gibson's is but hopefully that's why he's coming to coach at FNL.

+1 HS
DCBucki's picture

Personally, I hope he makes it and it will give him all the information to make an "informed" decision whenever he decides to commit. I hate when recruits don't pick us after being heavily recruited and listed in their favs but don't visit. Regardless if he picks us or not, I give him props for making that LONG drive to see our GREAT University. Just the fact that he is considering making the trip shows you we have a good chance, but we'll see.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

It is a GREAT sign, IMO, that he is willing to drive such a long way just to check things out and not even work out/get advice from the coaches. I don't think he'd be making this trip if he wasn't seriously considering them. So, good news for the Bucks either way.

I just hope that he has straightened out whatever alleged issues there were with something off the field. This young man has a bright future, with a free education, at virtually any school he wants, ahead of him. Let's hope he makes the decision which is most conducive to his success both on and off the field, and allows him to grow and develop as a football player, and most importantly as a person. Hopefully, that place is Ohio State.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
teakwood's picture

Kick rocks you guys!1 its a high school kid enjoying the moment, maybe theres a hiccup in the plan.  Im sure at 17 -18 you guys weren't always rock solid with your choices, especially when you had to depend on other people to help make it happen.  relax if he come he comes if he doesn't we will move on.  He could be flop, he could commit, calm down on these high schoolers.  But oh shit its only about a month away til the season starts, turn those frowns upside down!!!

-2 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

Kick rocks you guys!

He's coming, so...

+3 HS
I_Run_The_Dave's picture

That doesn't mean that kicking rocks isn't fun and that we shouldn't do it anymore.

+2 HS
OSU069's picture

It's already been confirmed that he is coming.....

KingsRite's picture

Give yourself plenty of time to get here Torrance. I-71 from the Ohio River to North C-Bus is home to some of the most ignorant drivers on the planet. I can testify to it unfortunately 5 days a week.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Central Ohio in general, unfortunately.  I never understood the internet hate about Ohio drivers until moving from NW Ohio to the Cbus area.  Now I get it.  I work in Cincy often, the highway traffic sucks but the drivers are generally alright in my experience.

+2 HS
funtubs's picture

Very true. Saw an accident happen not too long ago on 71 because of a driver not paying attention. People going the opposite direction were taking pictures of the wreck while driving by, causing more slowdown.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

From context, he's on his way now.  I'd also recommend I-77 and 33, especially now with 33 being complete around Athens.  That's how we've gotten to Florida and back.

+1 HS
Bags5150's picture

Will there be an 11W sattelite tracker on Gibson's movements?

Tracking

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth~Mike Tyson

+10 HS
45OH4IO's picture

He's on his way right now!! I can feel the disturbance in The Force.

+9 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

That's likely just the Whitecastle you had earlier, give it a bit the feeling will go away.

+4 HS
HighBallAce's picture

Nah that wasn't a disturbance in the force! I just broke wind.....sorry......lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHH-QDV2e1E

Gobucks2204's picture

Someone needs to attach a GPS monitor to him secretly so we can follow his every move.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Does anyone know if this is going to be one of those situations where he comes to FNL but is so pressed for time he doesnt even take a proper visit here?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

BrowardBuckeye's picture

Last I heard I believe they were planning on leaving for FL Saturday afternoon, but I'm not 100% and will try to confirm (without being too annoying).

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

I wonder how these athletes can afford unofficial visits. I wasn't even an athlete but only visited OSU and OU which were close to home. Do athletes take mostly official visits to schools? Notwithstanding, it does seem to be a good sign for him to drive 18 hours to visit us. Here's to hoping he has a great and productive visit and enjoys his brief time at OSU. I have nothing but good will for Torrance. Imagine living under the scrutiny and pressure he is constantly under. 

Buck Commander's picture

Phew for a minute I thought we were all on Fantasy Island!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
toad1204's picture

Nope just the Dream Boat.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

Bourbon Meyer's picture

Hopefully Torrence will arrive in Columbus before The Edge of Night.

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I once met the guy that played Stefano from Days of our Lives. He was in here in Tampa. He was much less drama than this.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

buckeyeradar's picture

This whole thing is a ship wreck.  I heard a rummer, and normally I don't have a Torrence for rummers but I heard he's coming up with a kid named Gilligan and they may be late getting here because they stopped and picked up some girls named Ginger and Mary Ann.  They may never make it here.

Buckeye in Texas

+1 HS
MJB15's picture

But he's not old enough to drink!?!? Red flag! Don't want this kid. 

+3 HS
Urban_Can_Recruit's picture

I have no clue what a rummer is? 

+1 HS
Urban_Can_Recruit's picture

Also why did you turn this into an old Gilligan's Island joke of some sorts? Thats kinda random and I feel alot of people won't get it. 

Crimson's picture

Well I'm sure we can explain it to them on a three hour tour.

EDUGOON's picture

Yawn……

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

-3 HS