Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Are Quick Bits No Mas???

DefenceWinsChampionships's picture
July 22, 2014 at 11:51pm
12 Comments

I dont know if I missed something, but I was curious what happened to Gene and his Quick Bits posts. Did he get tired of feeding the bottomless pit that is our rabid fan base? Did he just want to take the summer off? Was he taken hostage by trollish michigan fans? Is he in a secret underground government facility undergoing recruiting based tests? Is he on a private yacht in the pacific, sipping Manhattans with Bassdropper? Has he been having a two month long three-way with the Kates (Upton and Beckinsale)? 

I dont know where Gene is or what happened to him, but I miss his daily Quick Bits. I found his posts both interesting and informative and I appreciated all the work he put in finding scoops for this site. The last one I could find was the first of June and I am curious if anyone has any insight as to why this delightful piece of 11W awesomeness has faded away into history?

**This forum post is void of apostrophes to honor their apparent death at MSU 

Remy's picture

DefenceWinsChampionships, This was posted by GeneStarWind on 6-11 in a thread titled Missing Gene by Calgarybuck:

Sorry for not being around, hard to find the time anymore to actually sit on the computer to do anything for that matter. Work has been hectic, I've been stuck working 12-14 hour days and by the time I get home, my son is just about going to bed, so I spend the time I have with him and the wife before I go to bed. I get about 6 hours of sleep a day now and it stinks. I apologize again guys, but I may have to take a hiatus from the quick bits until the situation at work goes back to normal and who knows if that will ever happen, I work for a bunch of dimwits lol. I will keep the offer threads updated as much as I can, but that's about all the time I can give to the site for the time being.

GeneStarWind's last Quck Bits was 6-6.

Hopefully his work situation improves. Like many of you, I like reading his Quick Bits.

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." ~ Mitch Hedberg

+12 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

Thank you for finding that, I must have missed that when it was posted. I was just browsing the site today and thought to myself, you know what I havent seen in a while that I really liked? Quick Bits. I admit I didnt take the time to do a lot of research, but the 6/1 post was the last I found in my short search. Best wishes to Gene, and if the situation doesnt improve and the Bits are gone forever, it was fun while it lasted and I truly enjoyed his input to the site.

+3 HS
DJ Byrnes's picture

looks like we need to pool our resources together to get gene a new job

Californian by birth, Marionaire by the Grace of President Warren G. Harding.

TheBadOwl's picture

Yeah, does anyone here happen to work for a website that could use someone who's knowledgable about college football recruiting like Gene is?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

There is a lot of win in your post, btw. Nice touch

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+3 HS
GeneStarwind's picture

I browsed the site real quick and saw this thread so I wanted to give everyone an update, been awhile since I have poked my head in the forums. Good news is the work situation is clearing up, I wanna say within this week. The warehouse has been the cleanest and tidiest it has been in months. We are fully staffed, will be done training the new warehouse guy come Friday. I was actually planning on starting up the Quick Bits posts starting on Monday evening (07/28). I hope everyone has been doing okay the time I've been away and I thank everyone for the kind words and appreciate all of it. I never really knew how much I was appreciated here *thumbs up* Sucks cuz July is usually the busiest time for recruiting too and I wish I could have found the time for it. After Friday Night Lights concludes I will also get the visitor list updated to the best of my knowledge as well. Thanks again for everyone's patience.

+13 HS
thirtytrap's picture

We have missed you Gene...More than you know.  :-)

+1 HS
Danify's picture

Fantastic news GENE. For selfish reasons I'm glad you will be returning to the 11W community!

Groveport Heisman's picture

Gene you are a rock star buddy,you make your own rules.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Playing late catch up - rough stretch for me at work.

This is very good news.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Keep plugging through Gene - we all miss you but you need to do what is right. When it's all said and done 11W will be here for you when you return.

yankeescum's picture

Hand Jobs all around!!!

Just joking.  Gene, we with children and jobs feel your pain.  You are the man.  Remember that our dumb asses are not worth one second of an argument with your baby mama.  Take your time.  In the meantime we at 11w miss you.