Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Damien Harris To UK?

buckny's picture
July 18, 2014 at 10:39pm
213 Comments

Damien Harris is Currently in Lexington

Damien Harris ?@Damien_D1Harris
Mind, heart and gut all telling me different things. Never knew it'd be this hard.

BassDropper's picture

I think he sees it like this.

heart-Kentucky

Mind-Michigan

gut-Ohio State

DIRECTIONER

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

heart-Kentucky

Mind anus-Michigan

gut-Ohio State

Fixed.

+85 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

"I just gotta listen to my butthole."

+51 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

wtf... I lol'ed at this. 

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+13 HS
Codeezy's picture

Haha dub, I did too! And then thought the same thing you did. 

Buckeyeneer's picture

Maybe this is why I do my best thinking on the toilet.

"Because the rules won't let you go for three." - Woody Hayes

THE Ohio State University

+3 HS
Osurrt's picture

It does bring the gut, the butt and the heart in closer proximity.

+2 HS
Kaceybrown's picture

Thanks, I had to explain outburst of laughter 

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

on what?

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

BassDropper's picture

brb, bout to go troll some Wildcats.

DIRECTIONER

+74 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Tell em you saw him on campus with Coach Cal, trying to help Stoops close the deal. They'll go apeshit. 

+7 HS
gumtape's picture

Oh Bass,

That's what makes you beautiful...

High and tight boo boo

+6 HS
el duderino's picture

Wherever he goes and whatever he does on this site, Bass will always be known for his Custer's Last Stand-esque defense of 1D.

And that's what makes 11w beautiful.

"This is a very complicated case: a lot of ins, lot of outs, lot of what-have-yous."

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

No way he goes to UK. He's being polite. 

+5 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

oh don't be so kind.

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

Gobucks2204's picture

I checked on his twitter and couldn't find the message. I think he might have deleted it. Don't worry I won't tweet him to find out.

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

I think this is Biddle trolling us since Maks didn't play Stanford journalism this week. 

+24 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I think we have the wild card with Cornell and Hilliard in his ear.........

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

+5 HS
jbgobucks's picture

Great quote, but Jack Tatum smiled after he made the hit and Woody did to--at the sound of bones breaking.

While I am doing this, this my first posted comment.  I have been on the site since Urban signed on because I could not get enough.  This is the best OSU sports site by far.  The guys that do this are great and all of you that follow the site and post are too.  I love reading comments.  When I was 10 I saw OSU beat PSU in the Shoe and it was Joe Paterno's first game as HC.  Woody schooled him.  Urban is taking OSU football back where it belongs, at the top.

jbgobucks

+5 HS
bbb's picture

I love your collection of random non-sequitur sentences relating to OSU football. It has nothing to do with the post you're replying to, let alone this thread or anything in it but whatever

+2 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Smiling after a tackle is not the same as smiling while making a tackle.

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

buckeyeboy31's picture

Whenever you are in the presence of a player of epic proportions like Ryan Timmons, it gets to you. 

+25 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

We have Bassdropper on our side.

+1 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Have to build some drama for the announcement , I think he Hilliard and Cornell are tight!! 

I think he is a Buckeye, his thoughts of Kentucky are normal and UK has a great recruiting team down there, but Ohio St didn't lose on Scott to watch Harris go to UK. He wants to play in Championship games, not a SEC bottom feeder.

"The Past Builds the Future"

+3 HS
Mortc15's picture

...or a middle of the road Big Ten team. 

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Sure he is. And probably a third, fourth, fifth, etc. 

I wasn't a heavily sought after recruit when I played, but I have to think the pressure on these young men is pretty tough. I hope what's best for Damien Harris is what he decides (fingers crossed he finds that in Columbus). 

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+7 HS
BlockO's picture

I can't wait until the season starts......

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

+3 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Thanks I found the said tweet.  I just didn't scroll down far enough.  Feel like a creeper for pouring over a kids tweets.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Lebron moved to Ohio.  Nice try though.

+4 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

But Ohio for Lebron was going home?

+6 HS
Crimson's picture

It has multiple interpretations.  If you're going to say something as an argument for why to go to UK, then make sure it doesn't equally apply to going to tOSU.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Lebron coming home = Cavs winning 

Harris going home to UK does not mean Wildcats winning

+16 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Home is where the Lebron is

+14 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

I love how their recruiting pitch is why not? They can't think of any good reasons, so why not?

+12 HS
Crimson's picture

It's a well thought out strategy.  They took it from Michigan.

+10 HS
TedGinnIsFasterThanYou's picture

LOL

empty platitudes!

aka "Hope and Change!"

+3 HS
HighBallAce's picture

Wait! I thought Lebron was going to Miami?

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

"Be like Lebron and come home"

Quick, somebody tweet that to Baker!!

Gobucks2204's picture

Do these people tweeting kids to come to their schools really think they are making a difference as to where a kid will go? The whole thing seems ridiculous to me.

+5 HS
Jabba1977's picture

What does Kentucky have to offer him? I know they have a good coach now,but they will still suck,because they are in the sec conference!! Kentucky is known for basketball not football!! The rest of the sec conference will destroy them as always!!Hopefully he does not go  back and commit to SCUM again!! I know he is from Kentucky but going there would make no sense!!

SECHATER77

bbb's picture

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+5 HS
Osurrt's picture

And how long do you think Stoops stays when he starts having some success and the BIG BOYS come calling

logamaniac's picture

like Florida about 8 games into the season

+1 HS
SWAGGERNAUTICAL's picture

his offer isn't commitable to UK

+7 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

and you know this how?

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

-10 HS
exnwohiobuckfan's picture

And he even used sarcasm font. What is the interwebz coming to these days?

+11 HS
Killer nuts's picture

He knows because it's in italics. That's the "this is fact" font

+8 HS
bigbadbuck's picture

obviously that's what I get for playing after midnight..............

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here its a war room

+2 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Ok,thanks for the info!!!

SECHATER77

cinserious's picture

Mind= OSU

Gut= OSU

Heart= maybe UK (for now)

Considering he De-Commed  from UM, its safe to say neither his mind, gut, or heart lies with them. UK is close(er) but in all seriousness it makes no sense to go there especially after LJ Scott chose MSU and OSU is holding out for a Harris-centric RB recruiting class. 

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+1 HS
Patriot4098's picture

And to make things worse, Petrino will keep Louisville way above you in your own state's pecking order...

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Head vs heart doesn't often work out well for head. Just sayin'.

bukyze's picture
+3 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Birm don't say that!!!!!

lsjSnail's picture

Head wins every time. The Heart just pumps blood through the veins and arteries. 

+1 HS
el duderino's picture

Biology ftw!

"This is a very complicated case: a lot of ins, lot of outs, lot of what-have-yous."

+3 HS
Jbuckham94's picture

Vonn Bell y'all.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

-1 HS
allinosu's picture

He needs to look at Hyde and what he accomplished last year. Future baby future.

FROMTHE18's picture

If its a 'stay at home thing', really surprised Louisville isn't up there over UK. Louisville is a solid program that wins, UK is a joke. If recruits really believe UK's 'SEC' stuff of that they will become a legit football program, they are drinking's some really strong stuff when they visit down there. UK is the SEC's Purdue. Hope he ends up at OSU, but really don't understand what he (and some other recruits) see at UK. 

+3 HS
chemicalwaste's picture

I would rate Purdon't higher. More like Indiana. Basketball:good. Football:absent. I would also say purdue academics are superior.

+2 HS
unknownmusketeer's picture

Only people living in Louisville root for U of L. Most people in the state root for Kentucky. This is mainly because of the strong basketball tradition at UK. Even the city of Louisville has many UK supporters. So, it is not surprising to me that Damien Harris is actually a UK fan. Most people in the state of Kentucky do not appreciate that greater opportunities (scholastic and otherwise) exist outside the border.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Going to be an interesting year for UL now that Teddy Ballgame is in the NFL.  

+2 HS

To be honest, Louisville always has a really strong tradition with college quarterbacks (Chris Redmon, Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Unitas, Brian Brohm, Jeff Brohm). I don't closely follow U of L sports currently, but I imagine that Coach Petrino will have a solid offense. The issue will be defense. Coach Strong turned a traditional weakness at U of L into a  strength (relative to the past) the last two years.

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

whens the last time louisville had a stretch of 4-20 in two seasons with 0 conference wins? I know UK is in the SEC, but still 0 wins in two years is unbelievably bad. I'd think the top RB in the nation would want to compete for national titles. That will not happen at UK. The only draw I get for UK is immediate playing time. I would get the home thing more if OSU was further away, its just a relatively short drive. One final thing: RBs and QBs dream of the heisman trophy. Unless UK wins the SEC or can at least  produce a 8-9 win season, theres no way he wins it there. 

+1 HS

From people outside of Kentucky, the draw of the hometown team is somewhat baffling. Why UK? My previous comment was trying to emphasize that inside the state borders UK is king. People in Kentucky don't recognize sports and other things outside of the state. My high school in Louisville sent students predominantly (estimate ~80%) to three schools (UK ~ 50%, U of L 20%, and Bellarmine 10%).

Who knows what goes on in these kids minds nowadays with social media.

I think in the end the relationships he built is where he will go over a sense of loyalty to his home state.

Every state fan base does this to recruits but only Ohio St fans seem to get hammered for expecting a kid to choose Ohio St because he is from Ohio. For everybody else it seems no harm or foul.

UK purposely hired coaches with deep and well respected backrounds with Ohio HS Coaches. Kentucky doesn't produce enough talent to feild a MAC Champion let alone a SEC one.

This is why I hope he goes anywhere but UK. I don't like that school/conference's agenda.SEC trying to devert the flow of Ohio talent out of B1G into SEC in hopes of drying up even more talent for the B1G. The SEC would love to turn Ohio into Illinois.Notre Dame already takes enough B1G talent that now shows up as ACC talent as well.

This would be a major splash against that agenda.This is why I feel Harris is a huge coup to land for not Ohio St. , but the B1G !!

I know alot of Ohio St fans don't care about the B1G's perseption or success, but it's in their best interest to see B1G schools keep local players and land good OOS kids. I don't understand the logic to hoping the Conference stinks so you have a easier road to the playoffs. I guess I care about College Fb in general as well and don't want to see UK turn into what Ohio State is by recruiting Ohio players to UK.

The B1G needs to all take the attitude of James Frankin and be viciously territorial to it's recruiting footprint borders. 

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Harris is from Kentucky, which you might know already, but wasn't sure from reading your post.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

+1 HS

Yes, I know Harris is from Kentucky. Sorry that wasn't evident, I did kinda ramble off there in another direction.

Just hate seeing these midwest/ohio kids going down there to play for a school with as much tradition in football as Wyoming.

It's tiring watching every border school besides WVU/PSU hire Ohio coaches with Ohio ties to recruit ohio players out of state while negatively recruiting Ohio St/B1G .

Getting Harris would be huge down the road.

I know what the SEC is trying to with Kentucky,... it's typical. Without the Louisville/Covinton area HS football in the state produces very little football talent. And they are selling the SEC ticket to the NFL as if the NFL doesn't draft kids from the B1G. What else does Kentucky really have to sell a recruit? No tradition, Championships, Heismans, is a College Football void. So they are selling the SEC to the midwest, They are trying to turn Kentucky into the SEC's version of Ohio State. And do to Ohio St , what Texas AM did to Texas, Even though 2 different states, it's close enough to work theoretically.

The new playoff format should put a end to this b.s. The SEC don't know what to do with Kentucky, it's funny in a way. If not for Basketball they would have probably cut them from the SEC like the SEC cuts players from it's teams.

If your a RB, you want to go to Ohio St, can't wait for the season to start.

Poison nuts's picture

Yeah, I hear you & by the way - didn't mean to be lame, just wasn't sure if maybe you were thinking he was an Ohio kid. As for UK, they're having some success in recruiting but they'll need to get more than 4 wins this year in order to keep it up. OSU fans should be rooting for them to have a bad year in Harris's case. I suspect if they lose as many as usual, well, I'll just say most kids that are that good want to have a chance to succeed on the field & have a chance at winning a NC.

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

I feel like if he was committing to Ohio State, he would have already been committed or he'd be committing sooner. I think heart wins out over head here, but I still can't understand how someone can have a heart full of love for Kentucky football.

-2 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

While I think he will be all Buckeye when it's all said and done, if he does go to sUcK, Mike Weber is not a ad consolation prize  

-1 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

He said he would not commit until late in the recruiting process and has stood by his words. Just because he didn't commit early doesnt mean he has ruled out Ohio State.

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

IF he goes elsewhere, it'll really suck to have lost out on LJ Scott...it really sucks to have lost out on him anyway, but it'll be magnified 100xs without Harris. I'll keep the faith though - still confident.

+2 HS
chitown buckeye's picture

National Signing day is a long way away. If we lose out on Harris and as the season progresses don't be surprised to see Scott back in the mix. As Meyer stated,  "a verbal just means you're in their top 3" Lots of time left for a potential flip, if things don't work out with Harris.

"I'm having a heart attack!"

+1 HS
swainpm's picture

How about Weber?

TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

I expect a change of heart once Kentucky regularly gets trounced this season and Urban gets his last words in.

+12 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+15 HS
AngryWoody's picture

Yu-gi-oh was the shiz brah

Our Honor Defend!

+4 HS

You mean 

YU-GI-OH was dope bro!!

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+3 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+3 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I think his heart might be singing a different tune after watching them go 3-9 this season.  IF that's what his heart is saying in the first place.

HotSauceCommittee's picture

He will wait. Worst thing he could do is verbal to UK then decommit.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Usually when a hometown recruit that is being pressured by local fans and a local school  waits it out it usually doesnt work out too well for the hometown school. I'm sure he wouldnt want to commit to tOSU and be harrassed to death for months down there.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

I'm not sure why any elite prospect would consider Kentucky for football. I have nothing against them, but the people in Kentucky don't care about football. If they do, they are Louisville fans. I know Stoops is supposed to bo building something special there, and it is his home state, but lets be honest, even if they do turn it around they are looking at a potential 6-7 win seasons tops. I can't imagine he wants to be a part of that. Not to mention if they do have success, Stoops will be gone sooner than later. Columbus is still close to home and he would be playing for a contender. Sure he is guaranteed to walk into Lexington and probably start day 1, but would that be best for his development and for the long term?

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+5 HS
OSU069's picture

And as far as starting day 1, that really isn't very good for running backs in today's game. You don't want to have too many carries before playing in the NFL. 

+6 HS

Yes. He will be in the same situation as Ingram or Richardson at Alabama. Sure he would get more than his share of face time, but at what cost? He will play in the SEC and get the snot beat out of him behind a Warford-less soft line. He also has to think that Kentucky will spend of lot of time playing from behind which means more passing as well. Unless he wants to become Darren Sproles and be seen as a utility back, he needs to play in a more run first oriented offense. 

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Home attendance:
Kentucky 59,472
Louisville 52,914

BuckeyeRick's picture

Why would the #1 RB in country want to play in an Air Raid Offense? If he wants to play in the NFL, he's unnecessarily digging himself a hole, making it harder for him to shine on draft day. His number of carries would be half that of other offenses. Kentucky's team is not built for any type of run game. 

+6 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Bahahaha. 'Air Raid'…That awesome passing offense UK has was ranked 105th in the nation last year, also, rushing offense ranked 91st...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/passing

+6 HS
AngryWoody's picture

See they're an "air raid" when they're recruiting qbs and wrs and they're a "pro-style" when recruiting rbs. Get it?

Our Honor Defend!

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture
Air Raid Offense?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+8 HS
bucks15's picture

If Harris doesn't commit before the season I think we are in good shape.  When he sees a half empty Kentucky stadium as compared to a night game at the Shoe, I think his heart and head will be telling him the same thing.  

+3 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Expecting another person to want and love things, because you/we do, is pretty silly. Let the young man forge his own path, and wish him the best. Its an exciting time in his life. He should be proud of the amount of choices he has. His choice to make.

FROMTHE18's picture

Anyone think that Stoops is even their coach if they don't go bowling or does he get a third year? Probably gets that third year, but a third crap year would mean he's gone…be interesting to see if thats hit Harris' mind yet. 

BuckeyeRick's picture

Stoops went 2-10 and Kentucky gave him a raise and contract extension. Where else does that happen? Of course, he'll be there. 

+5 HS

I had to look it up to make sure you weren't lying. I can't believe this crap:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2014/05/06/mark-stoops-co...

+2 HS
FROMTHE18's picture
+1 HS
Phillips.449's picture

<i>They are in the SEC, that is better than going undefeated in any other conference.</i>

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I think FNL + the upcoming season should be enough to convince him.

+3 HS

This season the WIldcats play the UT Martin Skyhawks and the ULM Warhawks,2 teams before today I didnt even know existed. Looks like they could honestly go anywhere from 7-5 to 2-10. With a 4 or 5 win season the most likely. Not sure how one of the top recruits in the Nation could buy in to that sort of situation. He could realistically never see a bowl game in person as a player. Beyond comprehension to me. Somebody help me understand.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I guess they might be looking at Kentucky's recent success. We've heard about them pulling Ohio recruits recently so they're at least building the talent and get to play in the most competitive conference. No track record of success to speak of, but yeah, that's the only thing I can think of that is attractive to recruits.

+1 HS
CTBuckeye's picture

Let's just hope there aren't Buckeye fans that haven't read the rules for tweeting at recruits - http://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/06/36419/the-11w-book-of-etiquette-chapter-1-following-recruiting-without-being-an-asshole

Let our current commits and coaches do the work...

"Because we couldn't go for three"

+2 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Someone who has Twitter go tell #xGoBucks to stop tweeting him constantly  and send him the rules. Friggin Twroll.

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I don't have twitter so excuse me for asking a stupid question. But whats to stop, say a *ichigan fan, to pose as a crazed Buckeye fan and tweet Harris or other recruits, non-stop with creeper comments?

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Absolutely nothing. Happens all of the time in all fan bases.

+3 HS
Urban_Can_Recruit's picture

Why would he play with Kentucky? I mean who plays with Kentucky on NCAA?... Anyone?... (Cricket Noises) 

lljjgg's picture

Answer to a rhetorical question, but I did once back when they had their 300 lb QB. Just ran QB draw after QB draw; it was exactly as entertaining as you'd think it'd be.

+3 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Well, I mean you play with Kentucky if you edit the entire roster and improve each player from a 60 rating to something worthy of a Division I player.

Crimson's picture
+6 HS
Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

Is the staff content with not taking a RB in 2015 if for some reason we miss on Harris? 

EDUGOON's picture

UK….OSU….No brainer in my book. I'm sure he will come to his senses soon. I'm confident he'll be a Buckeye when its all said and done. UK better hope he commits prior to the season if he does choose them because once he see's the $%#t show they put on the field in the next few months he will have zero doubt. 

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

buckeyedude's picture

Maybe he'll surprise everybody and sign with Miami. The Redskinshawks.

+2 HS
Joebobb's picture

Growing up in Cincinnati, I always attributed UK football to the same level as Akron Football. Competing for the same type of players and really a disinterested fan base. As I grew, I learn they more fit the profile of Cincinnati football. A basketball school that plays football and has bandwagon fans in a good year, but I say that Cincinnati has better football fans on the whole. I had the opportunity to go to a couple UK games a few years ago though, and UK football is more like a bunch of tailgaters who meet for the game but never actually make it in the stadium. I remember watching Florida come to town to play and the stands are half empty. Yes, UK stunk but Florida still had Chris Rainey and a high powered offense.  I went to a few additional games as well and the fan base really could not care. It was just something to do, and the game was less important than the tailgate.

703Buckeye's picture

UK football is the tailgate placeholder until basketball season starts.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Run behind UK's line to get killed by SEC defensive fronts?  Head crushes heart. 

+5 HS

yep, I think If you took the vision of Barry Sanders, the attitude of Adrian Peterson, the thighs of Earl Campbell, the calves of Jim Brown, the neck of Mike Alstott, and the torso of Herschel Walker and combined those parts into a Franken-back.... That creature would have a hard time cracking 1,000 yards behind Kentucky's offensive line.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

GL - +1 for all those pieces being morphed together. Steve Austin would be impressed. Yeah this Steve Austin - nothing like the original

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

That creature would have a hard time cracking 1,000 yards behind Kentucky's offensive line.

You doubt the awesomeness of Timmons? Shame on you.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"I think we're gonna get Damien Harris here at UK Skeeter! Slap hands! Slap Hands!"

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+5 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

It's one thing to lose a recruit to Bama or LSU. But to Kentucky? Say it ain't so...

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Get used to it.  We lost Lattimore, Smith, and Jones last year.

+8 HS
WayCraKen's picture

I believe Damian Harris will go to the Buckeyes and possibly Oregon or UK. However if he reads social media and in particular this thread it could be a tipping point of where he may go. 

If his heart says UK you have been doing nothing but insulting something he obviously cares about. 

If his mind says OSU you have been doing nothing but insulting his intelligence. The kid is very bright and can see through the bs. UK has put together what has to be a top 5 OL 2015 group and might add George Brown as the 7th OL signed. george would be about number 4 in the rating.  I am sure Coach Meyer's has gone over in detail how he will be used and brought along and Im sure Stoops has given him the vision. 

His gut says Oregon.  

The kid is intelligent so I hope he doesnt read all of this crap. He is a Buckeye in due time I believe. The best points made in here is about the spread offense. He will get A good vision this season. Uk actually has 2 very good RBs. Braylon Heard and Jo Jo Kemp ( a very good freshman last year). 

-10 HS

UK has put together what has to be a top 5 OL 2015 group

I stopped reading after this. I sincerely hope you are trolling. If not then homerism is seeping out of your pores. Just go back to the UK forums WayCraken. You belong there.

+13 HS
Crimson's picture

Yes, ratings, but they've pulled in 6 composite 3* OL.  I doubt that's anywhere near tops in the country.

+4 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Braylon Heard (Nebreska transfer from Youngstown) rushed for well over 100 yards against OSU his freshman year if my memory serves me right.

The only numbers I could dig up for Heard vs the Buckeyes are from 2012 where he ran for 24 yards on 5 carries.

+1 HS
WayCraKen's picture
-2 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

I'm curious WayCraKen, if Ohio State played Kentucky, in a meaningful game, who would you root for?

+4 HS
1stYrBuckIClub's picture

Who released the Craken? 

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I sometimes wonder if Waycracken is really Bassdropper. If so, it's your best troll yet, BD.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+9 HS
Tater_Schroeder's picture

Just saw this tweet come through. I don't like seeing the colors on the guy. Here's to hoping Urban gets him wearing something Scarlet!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
lsjSnail's picture

That is a long tongue

+5 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

Not a good sign but there is still time

bethmowins's picture
+8 HS
Woodshed's picture

+1 for you for bumping an existing thread.

As a side note, doesn't everyone know his top 5 lol?

How is this news?

The off season is too long...

blueinsconsin's picture

in case you guys didn't see this.  Harris will not be at Michigan's BBQ http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/07/five-star_rb_damien_ha...

Not here to troll...Go Blue

+2 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

Is Harris going to be at our FNL tho?

bethmowins's picture

No, he can't make FNL either.

bucknut1994's picture

I went to UK the past two years and have now come home to OSU for the rest of college, but I have witnessed the "change" in the football program. They offer every player who has 3 or more stars and hope to get the leftovers.  The UK blog, kentuckysportsradio.com does a great job over hyping every commitment. They post things like "UK steals Darrius Fullwood from OSU!!!" when we actually rescinded his offer.  They have nothing to sell recruits on except playing early.  The "progam savior" Drew Barker, is 3rd in the QB race.  They do have a couple good players. but nothing to compete in the SEC with.  As I see it, they will win 4 games this season, beating Vandy for their first SEC win in 3 years.  When this happens and with Justin Hilliard recruiting him everyday, he will end up a buckeye.

Class of 2016

+3 HS
btalbert25's picture

It's easy to laugh at uk and their garbage program but they basically out recruited every B1G team not named ohio state last year

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

I think that says more about the other big ten teams and not UK 

+4 HS
Mercurius's picture

I'm pretty sure Josh Sweat isn't considering UK or UM:

+1 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

And that's the REAL Josh Sweat?

While you are correct in Sweat not considering either of those schools Mr. Harris' interest in Kentucky is real. I know this how? Because Birm has told us quite a few times and even said if UK was to win 6ish games that Harris will be attending there. Like the tweet though and thanks for providing for us that do not use it.

-4 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Interesting Crystal Ball prediction today from Drew Franklin. Interesting because Franklin is a Kentucky guy and he doesn't make a lot of predictions. In fact he's only made four picks to date, all on the day of the comitment, and all correct. Today he picked Damien Harris to the Buckeyes.

+4 HS
Crimson's picture

Sweet, Harris is committing to the Buckeyes today!!!

+2 HS
WayCraKen's picture

FYI Drew Franklin has 0 knowledge about football. Your posts pretty much sums it up. 4 picks all correct all chosen on the day of announcement. 

That said I would have to think Harris chooses an established program like the Buckeye. His announcement date is interesting. In time to enroll for Spring and at the end of season. IMO to evaluate teams performances and his role in first year with the team he chooses. 

-1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

It was precisely that pattern of picks that I found interesting. The guy doesn't seem to go out on a limb ever, only picking what appear to be done deals. Not sure why he decided to stick his neck out on this one.

+2 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Maybe it is a done deal?

+1 HS
WayCraKen's picture

Yes that is interesting but seriously he knows nothing about football. He is an embarrassment to the Jeremy Birminghams. Gene Star should have picks way before this guy.  It only brings down credibility in my eyes to Crystall Ballers. There are many in that group that study and know things. 

Side note: who in the heck is giving -1s to Harris to Buckeyes posts?  

+2 HS
Dips's picture

I refuse to start a new thread.

damien Harris released his top five, in alphabetical.

alabama

florida

kentucky

ohio state

texas a&m

+4 HS
kicks's picture

Notes about this, according to his twitter 3 hours ago:

Texas A&M JUST offered:

Also, scUM finally eliminated.  Always a lovely site.

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

No Oregon, no Michigan 

+1 HS
Dublin68's picture
buckguyfan1's picture

Birm CB's Harris.  Good sign.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Getting better with every passing day

Becool12's picture

Second thought = should I move to Ohio after I commit? 

whiskeyjuice's picture

I'd rather Harris take his time to make a decision than to make one too early. It's always hard to judge a player when they give a verbal then back out later.

buckny's picture

Justin Hilliard @JHilliard47

[⭕️] nly if @Damien_D1Harris (angry bird) would join me and my boy @Jay_Rock16

Jashon Cornell @Jay_Rock16
Follow

In time @JHilliard47 @Damien_D1Harris knows where his future home is #Elite15 #WeDemBoyz #BuckeyeNationation

7:14 PM - 8 Aug 2014

+1 HS
buckny's picture
+4 HS
buckny's picture
+6 HS
KBonay's picture

Searching threads and posting in existing

+7 HS
buckny's picture
+1 HS
mh277907's picture

If he thinks Kentucky is the best place for him and his future then more power to him. 

buckeyebobcat

+9 HS
OSU069's picture

He is visiting this week for Va Tech so hopefully we can retake the lead in his recruitment.

jamesrbrown322's picture

Wow, UK certainly looked like a top 25 team against the University of Tennessee Mart... oh nevermind....

Let's go Bobcats!

+3 HS

Time to ride the recruiting rollercoaster once again! Ill give Mark Stoops one thing and that is he really knows how to polish his turd of a football team really well.

+7 HS
teddyballgame's picture

but that's a basketball school

+2 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Damien had a 100% great time at the UK game this past weekend. He sat with the basketball team at the game, and he had a great time with the coaches.

GOSU's picture

Yikes - I hope this one goes for the Buckeys.  Urban won the recruiting battle vs. Kentucky for Erick Smith, however big blue took A.J. Stamps.  The fact that we are battling Kentucky for recruits goes to show the power of the SEC.  

-5 HS
Hayze's picture

We have not offered Alex Stump. There is no battle there.

Kentucky was never in it for Erick Smith either, they were just used to create drama.

Marcelys Jones on the other hand was very close to going to Kentucky.

I think we keep Harris from them.

+2 HS
GOSU's picture

I didn't include Jones because I would not have looked at that as much of a loss.....

Did you see Stamps INT last week?  Was money.  

-10 HS
bleedscarletpissmaize's picture

Fact, rivals put stump 41 at his position and a 3 star. Jones was a 4 star and 17 at his position according to rivals. 

-2 HS
Adam21's picture

Not to mention that Marcelys is listed on the depth chart as a true freshman. Not something that is easily done at OSU.

+1 HS
GOSU's picture

LOL - well, thanks for clarifying.  Because Rivals rankings mean everything when it comes to recruiting.  

I'm guessing that you'd still take Justin Zwick over Troy Smith....

-2 HS
bleedscarletpissmaize's picture

I just stated a fact. I didn't reveal any bias I have in recruiting stars vs talent. 

Grande Gustavo's picture

Jones is the only true freshman on the three deep right now. So apparently he would have been a loss. Especially compared to the guy who didn't have a commitable offer... 

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Stamps did not have a commitable offer from osu.

+4 HS
ronbizi's picture

The fact that we are battling Kentucky for recruits goes to show the power of the SEC.  

Actually, the Damien Harris recruiting battle does not show the power of the SEC.  It simply shows the love anyone has for their home state and being close to family.   And as mentioned, the other two examples aren't too valid.  It seemed like even CJ Conrad would have flipped from Kentucky to OSU if we offered.  That shows the excellence of OSU as compared to Kentucky.  They beg their in-state players to stay, and pray for our leftovers (that is not to disparage any of their Ohio recruits, but OSU gets to pick the cream of the crop in Ohio).

+2 HS
buckeyestu's picture

I saw it, nice play but it was a poor throw.

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

Not worried about it.  As the season goes on he will see why OSU makes more sense.

KBonay's picture

Cue Waycracken in 3.....2.....1....

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

Kentucky is all over him. Everything on Harris's twitter is Kentucky. Used to be OSU. He doesn't care if Kentucky loses more games than they win. His heart is winning the battle. I think we lost this battle. Our only chance is if he commits this weekend which I doubt.

OSU069's picture

Have faith. Let's see what he says next week after he visits this week and chills with Lebron James, and Justin Hilliard. 

-1 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

Kentucky is ranked #119 in the US News ranking of best colleges. Ohio State is ranked #52.

Ohio State: Better education. Better football.

I don't know how Damien Harris can possibly think his future is brighter, inside or outside of football, at Kentucky.

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Home.

same reason osu is lucky to be in ohio. Sometimes it comes down to home vs away.

dorian Johnson, diggs, quick, Richmond (IMO), etc.

+2 HS
osu78's picture

He's from KY and would be a hometown hero to a lot of fans, especially ones with connections, if he goes there and has a stellar career. You can't fault a kid for wanting to stay home and play for an in-state school.

Becool12's picture

I think Harris is going to sign with Kentucky. At this point, harris is more a luxury than a necessity to OSU. He is Kentucky's absolute top recruit and a player they want to build their program around. Its one thing to have a 5 star dt to stay i state, but a running back is possibly the face of it all. They are betting the house and pretty much spending a lot of time and money on Harris, something we can't do. 

Woodshed's picture

No offense, IMO there is no way anyone is spending or has spent more time or money on recruiting Harris than osu is/has.

you can argue that he has spent more time at Kentucky because it is close, but not that osu can't afford the same type of investment in a recruit.

allinosu's picture

Harris, in resent interview claims Kentucky is recruiting him the hardest. "stoops troops" is big with him. If and when he is convinced their offense is moving in the right direction is all he needs to go there. The win total means very little to him.

KBonay's picture

Urban > Heart > Mind > Gut

+1 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I honestly think a lot of these recruits are seeing what kind of a season OSU has first. Their memories are short. They care nothing of what OSU did in 2002, 2006 or 2007. All of them were in grade school back then. All they see is what's directly in front of them right now. That's why Urban is rolling out the red carpet on these night games. If he can get a few big wins now it will go a long way in the recruiting.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+3 HS
actionstanleyjackson's picture

Boy....he sure would be wasting his talent going to UK. 

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

-2 HS
allinosu's picture

Big fish in a little pond.

bucknut1994's picture

UK is going all in to get Harris.  They are sending their head coach (Mark Stoops) to watch his game tonight  and he's arriving via helicopter. 

Class of 2016

Buck Wild's picture

Wait till the ole righty comes out of the bullpen...Urban Meyer.

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

Buck Wild's picture

Wait till the ole righty comes out of the bullpen in the late innings as the closer...Urban Meyer.

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

buckny's picture
+1 HS

OMG is he going to break the single season for yards by a RB in high school? That ypc is ridiculous.

BassDropper's picture

I've been waiting for a perfect time to strike, and this may be it. I think I need a few people to help me pull it off

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

Trolling UK fans if I had to hazard a guess.

+1 HS
Gobucks2204's picture

Go get them Bass! I'm watching O.U Bobcats vs. Kentucky right now. O.U is my alma mater so I have an extra incentive to beat Kentucky.

buckny's picture
+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture
+1 HS