Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Christian Wilkins to PSU?

jamesrbrown322's picture
July 18, 2014 at 11:50am
19 Comments

I know that Wilkins has been pretty quiet about his recruitment. Crystal Balls are not the say all and be all (see: Gonzalez, Steven and Baker, Jerome), but noticed a few swaps of Wilkins to PSU or "hazy."

As he is pretty quiet, which I can definitely respect, the staff probably has not heard very much regarding his recruitment. However, I was just curious whether there was any fire along with the smoke?

KB3RG's picture

He has only taken one visit and thats been to PSU on 06/21/14. Other than that no idea

I also find it interesting theres talk of Wimbush now going to Stanford...Would this open a door up for Gonzalez to OSU or has that ship sailed? 

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I find it interesting that Wimbush would leave after he talked about building at PSU and dominating the B1G. Obviously, he's free to go where he wants, but I'd have a hard time doing so after the trash talk if it was me.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

KB3RG's picture

agreed....but education from Stanford > PSU

+1 HS
clogan1032's picture

Everything at Stanford is > anything at Penn State except for maybe women's volleyball.  And outside of the uniforms, who really cares about that?

+1 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

Seems a bit hyperbolic. B1G is better than PAC. Fan base is much better at PSU. PSU is closer to home for Wimbush. PSU has a much better stadium. Having lived in Palo Alto I agree that it is a pretty amazing place. However, that doesn't mean there aren't real benefits to PSU as well. 

+3 HS
clogan1032's picture

I was just being facetious, but yes there are many great things about PSU and their fan base, as delusional as they are, is definitely one of them.  IMHO, if I were choosing between the two for which school I would attend I would choose Stanford hands down.  That's just me though, but you are right, Penn State has a lot to offer a student and an athlete.  

+4 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Would this open a door up for Gonzalez to OSU or has that ship sailed? 

I think the ship has sailed. I believe Gonzalez said that he hasn't heard from the staff since he committed to Penn State.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

He committed to Ohio State?!?!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

Hayze's picture

Probably because he was lower on our list than people (PSU fans) want to admit.

m5987usus's picture

Talked with Gonzalez seconds ago, and he said he feels psu is still the best option for him and whatever wimbush decides won't have an affect on him.

O-H!

+2 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

talk of Wimbush now going to Stanford

Pardon me for a moment...

+4 HS
Hayze's picture

Regarding Wilkins, the kid is extremely quiet and doesn't do the whole recruiting process a lot. PSU staff feel very good about him (though the ND staff felt good about Hilliard)

Wilkins loves LJ. Says he wants to try to visit OSU this summer, but might have to wait until the fall for a game.

We'll be in it until the end but I don't think we lead. I don't think anyone leads actually.

Also, the coaches really really want Gallimore, and I think we'll be a very tough team to beat for him.

+2 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

I'd say one of the two of Wilkins or Gallimore is a MUST get.

+2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

Havnt really heard much about PSU or Franklin as of late...

Woodshed's picture

Psu folks have been thinking it's only a matter of time until Wilkins commits since his visit. His recent visit was like a 3 day visit or something like that and he is allegedly close with several of their current commits.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

If PSU grabs both Wilkins and Settle  I'm going to be pissed.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

UrbzRenewal's picture

I think Clemson will pick up Settle, since PSU already has Adam McLean.

+3 HS
KB3RG's picture

agreed about Settle to Clemson and would not be surprised that DeBerry joins them both 

+2 HS
BuckinBama's picture

Ole Alex G has CB Wilkens to PSU 2day.