Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Any news on how Van Jeffersons visit went yesterday?

Woodysghost's picture
July 17, 2014 at 9:58am
40 Comments

Anyone see anything out on the internets?

YTOWNBUCKI's picture

If it were there I could almost guarantee that 11W would have reported it on this site by now.

+1 HS
Buckeye06's picture

I'm pretty sure I saw earlier this week he moved his visit to the 28th?  Someone correct me if I'm wrong

m5987usus's picture

He visited yesterday.

O-H!

KB3RG's picture

The Buckeye morning 5 from bucknuts hinted that they believe Van will be heading to Georgia 

+1 HS
DMcDougal24's picture

Gleitman and Kurelic both still saying they think OSU FWIW. 

+6 HS
DrSpaceman's picture

Hang on, let me tweet at him and ask!

"Medicine is not a science" - Leo Spaceman

+21 HS
Nutty's picture

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/2014/07/17/quick-hitter-van-jefferson-visit/

Kurelic also has written an article (pay). Headline says it was "great" visit.

+1 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

What are "the negative things out there about Urban Meyer both on the field and off the field"?

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

He wins too much. 

+2 HS
JohnnyKozmo's picture

"It's too high"-Major League

+10 HS
m5987usus's picture

Coach Hester just told me that on the visit they just didn't understand the negativity towards Urban.  They do not have a negative perception of Urban AT ALL. That was not the point he was making.  But you know people out there bashing Urban, the coach just said that they went there and even to ther spring practice, and did not understand why their is negativity around Urban.

O-H!

+4 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I know Butch Jones and Tennessee cant really be trying to talk shit about Urban and tOSU's system. I mean seriously UT is in for a year where they will miss consecutive bowl games without having a bowl ban.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

IMO, it's SEC country, and haterz are going to hate.

O-H!

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Well, duh, his players never make it to the NFL, and always end up breaking the law and even becoming murderers! I thought everyone knew that!

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS
buckeyedexter's picture

I wonder what his concerns about the system Meyer runs were.  Other coaches saying we don't throw the ball enough of something?

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

I'm above tweeting at recruits, but I did follow him around campus screaming O-S-U all day.  I hope it sealed the deal.

+30 HS
irishfury's picture

Dude orange soda shot out my nose.  I love when the tone of a post changes quick and catches off guard.  Great post sir.

blocko330's picture

Greatness provokes that sort of attitude/reaction...

Nutty's picture

I'm not convinced it is just the success. I don't see Saban, Golden (although not as successful), Miles or many other coaches who have had more than their share of problem children getting the same PR.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

There's not much to be 'reported' really. Van's mom sent a group text, I assume, to everyone who had reached out in her direction yesterday as they were at the airport, because I received the same text, verbatim, as Bill Kurelic (and I assume others) did.

From talking to people on OSU's side of things, they're very pleased with how it went, and they believe it's looking good for Ohio State. The question is: will he visit Georgia as they've tentatively planned or will Tennessee get another trip before he makes his decision? No more trips === very good for Ohio State.

Woodshed's picture

Rumors going around that he isn't visiting Uga this weekend.

Fwiw vols fans are VERY confident at this point. VERY.

-1 HS
OSU069's picture

Tennessee fans think they are going to get everyone. They probably think they could flip Danny clark. 

+3 HS
Woodshed's picture

Tenn is awful, but they have had back-to-back solid recruiting classes. I don't really care to put any credence in their recruiting opinions, but they are more tuned into in-state recruits like Jefferson and Richmond.

+2 HS
Wesleyburgess1's picture

Solid based on the fact that they brought in 35 recruits.

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

Tenn also offered cager today which is interesting timing IMO.

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

This one could go either way but I think UT landing Malone and North in the past 2 years helps us. I know we have Thomas and Greene but we need another "big" WR. 

Woodshed's picture

Surprisingly, despite the sheer number of recruits that they took last year and are taking this year, they didn't take many receivers. *shrug*

+1 HS

They took 7 WR's in the 2013-2014 classes. That's a pretty decent haul. They have 1 committed in the 2015 class. 

Woodshed's picture

Going by 247, they only took 2 players listed as WR in last year's class, and only have one in this year's. Sure someone listed as an ath might end up playing receiver like they have here (Wilson, Marshall, etc.) but I am going by the info I have since I don't watch them play. I didn't go back to 2013, but 3 WR is not a lot for 2 years by any means. Very comparable to what osu has taken.

5 is a lot for one class (2013 for tenn.) but they have taken so many recruits over these 3 years the WR # seems in line with what you would expect.

what I struggle with is people being sold that a coach like jones is going to get you into the nfl as a WR faster or more effectively than Meyer. Malone last year is a stud and the receiver they have in this class is a freak too.

+1 HS

Rivals has 7 WR's listed between the 2013 and 2014 signing classes with 1 committed for 2015. That's a lot of WR's in 2 years. My question is who's going to throw them the ball? Worley is awful and Dobbs didn't look great last year (granted he was a freshman). 

whiskeyjuice's picture

I know some Tenn fans and they have gave up on following the football team in the off season. They said that they will tune in to the September games this year to see how they are starting the season and decide then if they will continue to watch their season.

I guess their program has been putting alot of smoke the last few seasons..........new uni's and various program changes but none of it helps produce victories on the field. Kinda reminds me of what the TTUN is going through now.

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

-1 HS

Roughly 2 days away from this young man making a decision if he stays with July 26. 

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Bring it home Van Diesel. 

oregonianbuckeye's picture

Saw in the twittersphere that Van Jefferson is not ready to make his decision. Sounds like this may not be over anytime soon.

+1 HS
Jbuckham94's picture

I think it will be over pretty soon. I think the kid just isn't ready to make a decision and doesn't want to make a mistake and end up decommitting from somewhere. I'm not gonna get into the whole train of thought that his parents are trying to make him go to a certain place, but I just think he's trying to make the best decision. I'd be surprised if the process got really drawn out.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

oregonianbuckeye's picture

FWIW- 247 is reporting that he is pushing back his timeline.