Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

11W Community Interview Questions: Justin Hilliard

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
July 14, 2014 at 4:42pm
35 Comments

Have a question for Buckeyes 2015 linebacker commitment Justin Hilliard? This is the place to get them answered by the Cincinnati star himself. We'll take questions through Thursday afternoon.

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

You sound like you really enjoy recruiting other players. What are the points or ideas that you stress when you talk to them about Ohio State football and what it means to be committed?

+14 HS
labuck's picture

What position is the staff telling you will be your main spot going into next year? What have they told you to work on this next season to prepare for life in the B1G?

+5 HS
BroJim's picture

How much do you bench?!?!

I season my simple food with hunger

+3 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

What former Buckeye matches up to your playing style? What player(not a Buckeye) former or current would you want to plant in the ground?

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

At what point did you know in your heart that you truly wanted to be a Buckeye and what challenge are you looking forward to the most when you step foot on the field at the Shoe???Proud to have you as a Buckeye and looking forward to seeing you shine on the field....Good Luck!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+8 HS
Kid Buckeye's picture

Have you decided what your major will be in?

+2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Being from Cincy, how strong do you feel Ohio State's presence is in Cincinnati vs Notre Dame and Southern teams. What was your recruiting experience like?

+5 HS
Urban Nation Army's picture

Do you have any thoughts on why Cincinnati, despite having premier HS football talent, sends many players to D1 schools besides OSU? How hard was it to turn down Notre Dame given that you attend a private Catholic High School?

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

How  much pressure did you receive from coaches,family,and friends to attend ND? Do you have any type of friendly relationship with 2016 Moeller TE Jake Hausmann? Can you help the Buckeyes lock down the Greater Catholic League while you are here?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

Hypothetical; you happen to fly under the radar of college scouts and get no offers aside from the University of *ichigan.  Do you a) take it, or b) take your chances as a walk-on somewhere -- anywhere  -- else?

Choose wisely.  Muahaha.  Welcome to The Ohio State University!

tOSU class of 2009, College of Arts and Sciences

-3 HS
KansasBuckeye's picture

Buckeye nation has taken note of how active you are in your recruitment of other top flight players in the class of 2015.  If there is one guy who you think is a 'must get' in the Scarlet and Gray who is not already committed, who would it be?

+4 HS
dustinccc's picture

)After your years of success as a Buckeye what NFL team would you love to play for and why (local, coach, scheme, success, etc.)

+1 HS
Fatpants's picture

Pretend you get one trip back in time to play one game - do you travel back and lay the wood to which notable Michigan big mouth: Desmond Howard or Mike Hart?

+1 HS
Killer nuts's picture

What was your experience like at the opening? Which recruits stuck out to you? Which coaches helped you the most? And what did you take away from the experience?

+3 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Since you are from Cincy... Skyline or Gold Star?

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+12 HS
Killer nuts's picture

The answer is Skyline

+1 HS
Brutus' Left Nut's picture

Could you take Jashon in the circle drill?

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

How do you feel about wearing #47? 

+4 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

How much are you looking forward to lining up in The Game and telling your opponent that Ohio State is dope?

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Can't pick between the two questions, so here goes:

What are your thoughts on the great Buckeye tradition at linebacker, and how important is it for you that the unit succeeds together (versus an individual standing out)?

Best of luck to you.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+4 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

I was thinking about doing a hype video and possibly highlight videos of each game this season. I know some fans like them and others don't. Do players even care about this kinda stuff?

+2 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

You are listed as 6-2, 230 lbs. What do you expect your ideal playing weight to be after you work with Mickey Marotti?

+3 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Are you aware that when you and Jashon verbally committed, the 11Warriors site crashed for several hours?...  Do you and other recruits follow this site?

+4 HS
ronbizi's picture

What were your top factors in deciding on coming to Ohio State?

+2 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Are you a MIKE or WILL?

+3 HS
Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

I belive he's a JUSTIN

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Who was the best player you faced at The Opening?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+6 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Serious question:  Justin, congratulations and welcome. Cincinnati has been an area of Ohio where Ohio State hasn't exactly excelled in the last 20 years, but has recently benefitted from a concerted effort. How did you perceive Ohio State growing up, and share with us a bit how our coaches recruited you?

+3 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Fun question:  Cincinnati favorite?  Skyline, Montgomery Inn, Izzy's, or Graeter's?

BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

You think you'll beat Moeller this year and end their run? ;)

+1 HS
Jeremypreemo81's picture

Are you looking forward to matching up against your brother at Iowa and has the trash talking started yet between you two?

+3 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I for one, would like to know if he is like a few players/former players that interact with the fans on OSU forums, or at least reads things on here

Fatpants's picture

Do you fear for your brother's well being at the hands of AIRBHG?

+2 HS
EwanJobi's picture

You said one of the three characteristics you were looking for in a college program was the opportunity to win a national championship. Do you like Ohio State's chances next year? Any thoughts on the state of the 2015 class towards achieving this goal?

+1 HS