Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Drew Richmond

305Buck's picture
July 10, 2014 at 10:11am
17 Comments

Will be visiting Ohio State for FNL and possibly North Carolina before making his final decision on Sept. 9th. He has visited Alabama, Ole Miss and UCLA in the past two months.

His top schools are Ole Miss, Alabama, Tennessee, Memphis, Ohio State, North Carolina and UCLA. He mentioned that Ohio State has always been his dream school and he possibly could end up staying overnight after FNL with Jalin Marshall who he has built a close relationship with.

A guy who played against him last year chimed in and had this to say:

"He has always for some reason liked Ohio State. I thought he was going to Tennessee for a while but this summer has changed his opinion and Tennesee seems to be trending down. Everyone at MUS is affiliated with Ole Miss in some fashion and he told me there's a lot of pressure from the boosters and his coaching staff to go to Ole Miss. If he had a top 2 it would most likely be Ohio State and Ole Miss but Alabama is trending up and could be a dark horse. He doesn't tell me everything but I have a good feeling about the validity of what he's been telling me."

Woodshed's picture

I still think tenn could be the choice. From what I gather, his absolute best friend was in tenn's last recruiting class. 

We'll see I guess.

Orangeslash's picture

Crystal Ball'd to Tenn still, but would be awesome to add another OL to the class. Hopefully he enjoys Friday Night Lights camp in 2 weeks.

tennbuckeye19's picture

Tennessee thinks he's pretty much a lock for them, but then again, they think every kid is pretty much a lock for them...

+2 HS
dubjayfootball90's picture

Re: Bell, Vonn

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+12 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

TN is TN. Unless Peyton Manning is awarded another year of eligibility they will be battling KY for SEC low-tier bragging rights. They are the Indiana of the SEC, except Indiana can put points on the board.

SilverBullet-98's picture

He will go where it's best for him and where he fits in the best, imho.

"The Past Builds the Future"

MacG91's picture

No way he does that..

Mac..yeah

+6 HS
Buckabroad's picture

Great news if true. Have always liked Richmond a lot. He and Burrell would round out another fantastic OL class.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+3 HS
sdotfinn's picture

My wife is from NE Mississippi, MUS and it's alumni are full of Ole Miss alums.

If anything, we should be worried of a bag man

+1 HS
trigg03's picture

While I realize there is no such thing as TOO MANY OL...especially elite OL...the way things look for 16' OL haul I wouldn't lose any sleep on missing with anyone this year. I wouldn't turn him away either but we look to be solid for a long time. Then again - now that I've just re-read my crazy chit...I'm gunna try to down/vote this myself lmao....I just asked myself if I had any clue wtf I am talkin about / I answered that obviously I do but why say the Same chit as every one else...uhhh huh...okayyy then

-1 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

You can't count your chickens until their hatched... but I really like Greald, Kraemer and Eisenberg.

"The Past Builds the Future"

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Lot of pressure from the boosters and coaching staff to attend ole miss? How exactly do boosters pressure a kid without jeopardizing his eligibility?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

How exactly do boosters pressure a kid without jeopardizing his eligibility?

They're Ole Miss, and they're in the SEC.

Thanks for the softball.

+5 HS
Adam21's picture

Just a guess, but I think he is talking about the boosters of the HS, not Ole Miss.

Woodshed's picture

On campus at Tenn. this weekend.