Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Josh Sweat blowing up at The Opening

buckeyedude's picture
July 10, 2014 at 8:23am
19 Comments

Does Josh have an offer from OSU? This kid looks like he could be a really good one and I hope he commits to the good guys. Just wondering, in light of his performance at The Opening, where does OSU stand with his recruitment?

beserkr29's picture

Sweat does have an offer and, by all accounts, is being pursued heavily by Urban and Co. Birm had something on him in his last update.

+1 HS
TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture

Yes, we have offered him. He is the second rated recruit in the country, and visited not too long ago with his family. Va tech is the favorite, but some have him crystal balled to OSU

+2 HS
SwagstonMiller's picture

Like the poster above said, he's the #2 recruit in the country... tough to blow up more than that.

He is a freak. I know we're recruiting him hard, hope he picks the good guys (but I'm not holding my breath.).

+3 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Dude's thighs look like Earl Campbell's.  

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This class would imediately take another leap if he comes.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

I'm waiting for, "Would we take his commitment though because we already have Jashon and Dre'mont in the fold..." hahaha. Yes!!

O-H!

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

I realize you are being sarcastic, but I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of those guys end up inside.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Yea I know I was kidding.  I think Cornell would be very good inside on D.

O-H!

+1 HS
Buck my Nuts's picture

Cornell for sure looks like a 3 technique and will hopefully replace Bennett without skipping a beat!

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

I like the way Sweat face lit up in that video by Birm when he was talking about Coach Smith and Coach Johnson. I think LJ could win this one out for us, along with Holmes, Hilliard and Cornell being in his ear. There's nothing like two 5 star defensive players recruiting another 5 star defensive player to come play with them.

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

I really hoped OP was kidding when he asked if Sweat has an offer...  I mean, there are like 50 Josh Sweat posts made daily.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+9 HS
InTressITrust's picture

Who is Josh Sweat? Never heard of him before.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+3 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

He was that guy... Remember?

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I thought he had an OSU offer, but wasn't 100% sure. I work 12-14 hr days and dont have time to read every post. Thanks to everyone for your positive feedback.

+3 HS
allinosu's picture

I never paid much attention to Martinez Ivey. He handled sweat pretty good in the video. Good effort.

DCBucki's picture

I can't even imagine our defense with him!! He has the athletisism and size to beat anybody on the line. He was INJURED and still finsihed 2nd in the SPARQ challenge. He would be a great fit for our system and he wouldn't be pressured to start this year, but could take a lot of snaps. I don't see how you keep him off the field, except if he is injured. Can you imagine him AND Bosa on the same line with the stud LB's we have behind them??  I can only dream, but sounds like Urban and the boys are putting a full court press on him!! VA Tech is a good team, have a good atmosphere but nothing compared to tOSU!! Only reason we lose out to them is b/c they are local, but I thimk they are still a couple of hours away from where he lives.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

good thing boss would help him on Saturdays so he wouldn't have to take snaps for the buckeyes and his high school team this year. 

I'm sure it was a typo but he won't be playing college till next year

+1 HS
whiskeyjuice's picture

I don't think I have been this excited about a recruiting class........the possibilities of getting several more 5 stars!!

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

Buck my Nuts's picture

The Va Tech game this year has gotten much bigger over the last few months. With the way we are recruiting Virginia now, we have to kick the hell out of Va Tech on national television to show how much better OSU is. I would love for Burrell, Sweat and others to be there to see it live in the Shoe. May pay dividends...