Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Community Interview Questions for Joe Burrow...

Jeremy Birmingham's picture
July 7, 2014 at 8:50pm
41 Comments

I'll be taking questions for Joe Burrow, Ohio State's 2015 quarterback commitment, through Thursday evening. 

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Would it be an issue if Ohio State took another QB in this class?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+8 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

What was the biggest factor in deciding to become a Buckeye....... Playing for Urban Meyer, being a Buckeye fan or playing close to home?

+4 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

How will you prepare differently at Ohio State when you arrive to compete for a starting role with the other highly rated QB.s currently on the OSU roster?

Poison nuts's picture

Your tape shows you running the ball quite a bit, but you do very well in the pocket too - if you were describing your game, do you think your more of a dual threat QB who likes to run, or pocket passer who can run if needed?

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

+11 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

-6 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

What's it like growing up in the shadow of OU but then committing to OSU? Is it like being in 'enemy territory?'

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+1 HS
hobochops987's picture

What is one thing Buckeye nation doesn't know about you?

Trust in UFM

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

When you are able to tear yourself away from football, what to you look forward to most on an off day? Welcome to Buckeye Nation Joe.

+5 HS
Killer nuts's picture

Are you helping to recruit other guys to join this class? Who have you reached out to?

+6 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

What player or players would you say you pattern your play after most.

+1 HS
WezBuck28's picture

What's the first thing you did after ending your converstation with coach Meyer after your commitment?

+2 HS
blocko330's picture

What do you like most about being a QB?

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+2 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

How does it feel to be somewhat of a leader for this class? After you committed, the dominoes have been falling our way ever since.

+2 HS
DannyBeane's picture

What do you feel separates you from the current QB roster?

+1 HS
Fatpants's picture

Would you rather go undefeated vs michigan or win a national title?

+8 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Honestly, this is an awesome question, but I feel bad for Joe for having to answer such a difficult question.

+1 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

You were quoted as saying that the coaching staff saw improvement in your game which led to your offer. What specifically do you think you improved the most at from last year to now? And what do you think is your biggest strength on the field?

+2 HS
BroJim's picture

Since becoming a Buckeye do you feel you have something to prove your senior year?

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
BuckeyeinToledo's picture

Growing up in Ohio(like many of us), was Ohio State your favorite team growing up? If not who?

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

+1 HS
One Bad Buckeye's picture

You're obviously aware of the success Ohio State has had in recruiting at the skill positions.  Which wide receivers/h-backs are you most excited to play with?  

"I'm One Bad Buckeye, and I approve this message."

+1 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Personally what do you think you have to improve on the most coming into your senior year?

+1 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Would you be interested in being an active member of 11W, and provide inside tidbits throughout the 2014 season without violating locker room and team confidentiality/brotherhood?

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

-3 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

Too lazy for sarcasm font and lighten up people!

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

-2 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

When you are legal will you do the Court Street Shuffle? What are your thoughts on the Burrito Buggy?

whiskeyjuice's picture

If Ohio State designed an offense around your strengths and comfort level, what would that offensive scheme look like?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+2 HS
BierStube's picture

First .. where do you buy your socks .. fantastic!  Second, what do you feel are your best throws ... deep timing routes, flats, post patterns?  Third, what do you need to work on and what would help in that process?  Last .. congrats on making a fine choice!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I've heard people comparing you to Alex Smith at Utah because of your style of play.  Do you think that is an accurate comparison? If not, who would you compare yourself to?

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

How much recruiting have you done to sway other commits to come to Ohio State?

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Ok Joe, you and your Buckeyes are trailing M@chigan by 4 with 7 seconds left in the game and you are in the Red Zone with the ball on the 12 yard line.  What play do you want called and how does it end?

+2 HS
AJBor41's picture

If you could throw a TD pass to any current or past OSU wide receiver, who would it be and why?

+1 HS
dustinccc's picture

What current or incoming offensive "weapon" are you looking most forward to playing with?

+4 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Troy Smith, Terrelle Pryor, Braxton Miller . . . Joe Burrow?  What do you need to improve in your game to become the next great quarterback at Ohio State?

tennbuckeye19's picture

Is there a QB that you model your game after or that you would say you have a similar skill set to? 

+2 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

What is one area of your game the coaches specifically want you to improve on?

+3 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

The Plains vs. Columbus. Please discuss. 

oregonianbuckeye's picture

Which future target (signed or unsigned) are you most excited playing with? 

+1 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture

What's it like knowing that on September 26th of this year that your Athens Bulldogs are going to get crushed by the Mighty Vikings of Vinton County?

“Right now, Michigan is not at the pinnacle of college football, and that’s all Urban Meyer cares about...He’s been there and knows what it takes to get there.” 

EwanJobi's picture

Your commitment broke the "drought" so to speak. Can you talk about any of the conversations you were having with the coaching staff at the time? Did the lack of commitments factor in to your decision to commit when you did?

+2 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

What benefit has it been to your development as a quarterback to grow up around football programs and have a coach for a father? 

whiskeyjuice's picture

With you as the starting QB, if you could dictate the base formation that the offense would line up in, what would that be and why?

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes

+1 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

Do you ever read Ohio State Fan Forums or do you try to avoid that stuff? 

+1 HS