Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Rivals Top 2016 Ohio Players Just Released

305Buck's picture
July 6, 2014 at 4:28pm
31 Comments

1. Tommy Kraemer
2. Jake Hausmann
3. Demario McCall
4. George Hill
5. Justin Layne
6. Luke Farrell
7. Prince Sammons
8. Jonathon Cooper
9. Brendan Ferns
10. Tyler Gerald

Full List of Ohio's Top 30 prospects: https://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiopreps/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-351...

Ohio State has a very good chance of locking down the top 10 players in state. Top 11 if you count Eichenberg too who sits at #11.

MN Buckeye's picture

Liam Eichenberg at #11?

But I like where we stand with most of this top group.

+1 HS
UrbanCulture's picture

Interesting that Eichenberg is 11th in Ohio, when other sites have him like 11th in the nation

+5 HS
Hayze's picture

Yep. Should get 2-10 fairly easily.

Hopefully we can get #1 as well and Eichenberg.

Ohio is loaded next year.

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Tucky at 13 is horrible

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Is Kierre Hawkins strictly a TE, or can he play WR as well?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

WesPatterson23's picture

I can't believe McCall is ahead of Hill.

305Buck's picture

I agree that Hill is better than McCall, but they'll both be Buckeyes. Hill has a chance to be a 5 star imo once he stops sharing carries with Scott and people realizes that he has the ability and size to be a rb at the next level.

+2 HS
Li Xiao Buckeye's picture

Buncha Locks right there...

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee

BengalErnst's picture

I'm most shocked by who is #30 on the list

Nicholas l Ernst

+1 HS
Urban_Can_Recruit's picture

Thats a really bad list... 

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

I love Justin Layne.  If/when gets an offer, I think Ohio State would be the immediate leader.

O-H!

lljjgg's picture

How do those who follow recruiting closely feel about Brendan Ferns? Any chance that he ends up at OSU, or is UM with his older brother inevitable?

I also saw a title of a premium thread at 247 yesterday mentioned that Kraemer grew up a Michigan fan, wonder if that's accurate? Not that there haven't been UM fans that ended up at OSU, or OSU fans who ended up at UM, but if it's true it would make sense of the fact that he seems as high (if not higher) on UM and ND as he is on OSU. You never know though, at this stage last year I wouldn't have predicted Hilliard to OSU (I thought he seemed like he was in love with ND).

Smanpoint10's picture

Brendan's whole room is decked out in Buckeye gear

+1 HS
kholmes's picture

I think consensus is OSU has as good of a shot as anyone...and probably would be considered his leader since there is no other team that jumps out right now as a possible leader. It sounds like he is looking at things independently from his brother and it doesnt sound like Michigan really has any advantage. it sounds like his dad does it right, lets the kids consider all their options, and is fine with his kids going wherever they feel the most comfortable. For Michael it was Michigan where he felt the best but for Brendan could likely be somewhere else.

+4 HS
m5987usus's picture

I have spoke with Kraemer a lot, he indeed grew up a Michigan fan, but it is not really playing an impact in his decision.  IMO, I think it's going to come down to Ohio State and Notre Dame.

O-H!

+1 HS
Eph97's picture

How does one growing up in Ohio the last 10 years become a UM fan? I get it in the 90's, but in recent years a kid that does so must have a strong contrarian bent about him.

+2 HS
InTressITrust's picture

Better question, how can you grow up a UM fan but come down to OSU and Notre Dame?  I believe you just do not see how you can call yourself a fan when you want to go to your schools 2 biggest rivals.

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

Murph32's picture

Have you seen them programs lately? 

m5987usus's picture

It is tough.  You can still be a fan of a school and not go there.  What if you wanted to be a Bio-chemical engineer, and Michigan did not have that major.  Well then how could you go there? That is not the situation but I am just giving an example.  A multitude of things could happen.

O-H!

sharks's picture

Boy, taps been dry at Glenville lately

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

-2 HS
BTwrestle04's picture

Must have forgotten about Jones, Smith, and Lattimore from last year?

+7 HS
sharks's picture

Of course not.  No one in 2015 or 2016 though, which is a little odd.  Some lean years for Coach Ginn's program on the horizon, maybe.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

theopulas's picture

these ratings aren't everything....Coach will camp some players who will earn a offer....Glenville may be heard from in 2016 before its over....

Theopulas

+1 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

God damn Ohio is loaded next year.  Wouldn't be surprised if we got at least 8 of those 10.

Seattle Linga's picture

The rich keep getting richer - can you imagine if we reeled in 8 - 9 of the top 11 -12 recruits.

theopulas's picture

Coach may not offer most of them early and it may seem like others are getting the upper hand....some maybe not at all....some will have to camp....top 10 or not

Theopulas

305Buck's picture

The good thing is that each top 11 prospect has camped at Ohio State already this summer except Layne who will be at FNL.

+3 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Wow Tyrce Speaight at #30 is unconscionable to say the least!!! Tucky is a top #5 player.

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

Buck my Nuts's picture

Tucky is very gifted athletically, but has a long way to go to be an Ohio State caliber of football player. I coached against this kid last season and we didn't have to game plan for him at all. As a matter of fact, this kid wasn't even on our radar as a player to watch or scheme for. Granted, he has 2 more years of high school to play and may get there. Have nothing against the kid, and I actually wish him all the best except for win he plays us again this year!

Groveport Heisman's picture

List is pure garbage.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.