Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

MSU Fans Reactions to 10 star Wednesday

305Buck's picture
July 3, 2014 at 6:46pm
64 Comments
sox33osu's picture

Awful cocky after the B1GCCG win. I love how the one moron says they "beat us soundly", considering we were winning that game 3 and a half minutes into the 4th.

Oh well. I'm sure it sticks in their side that most media outlets have us as the favorite to win the conference.

+9 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

to be honest, most of the comments I've read are pretty much how I view when Michigan gets top prospects: "who cares, we beat them anyways". IMO, MSU is the top dog in the B1G until we do something about that, so I don't see anything wrong with what they've said. Bit of jealousy in there from them maybe but no comments were too outrageous. 

+12 HS
sharks's picture

Here's the mgoblog thread- http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/hilliard-and-cornell-osu

I think we need to whup on Sparty this year.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

I stop over there once in a while to gauge their thoughts. Think I saw 2 logical posts in that thread. 

jeremytwoface's picture

MSU fans reactions to 5 10 star Wednesday.

Fixed it for you.

The first man gets the ((((Oyster)))), the second man gets the shell.

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Will correct the title.

ITWASME's picture

Love how they think they're hot shit because they were better than us for a year

+2 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

They were very good, but we beat ourselves.

+7 HS
305Buck's picture

Exactly, that slow start and those two early PI calls both on 3rd downs really hurt us. Not only that, but Meyer should have ran Hyde to the outside way more where he was effective. They kept running Hyde through the middle when it clearly wasn't working. But I always tell MSU fans, elite teams don't let teams storm back and take the lead when you're up by 3 scores.

+4 HS
logamaniac's picture

hahaha did you watch that game?  they weren't stopping 'Los save what maybe his first tackle behind the line for the season.  his stats show he ran all over them, and his style isn't to swing it out he's a between the tackles guy until he wears you down.

+3 HS
luckynutz's picture

Hyde showed ability to do whatever was given to him. Inside, outside...he got it done. And if Im not mistaken, chris borland was responsible for hydes first negative yardage carry all season.

+2 HS
sox33osu's picture

"Love how they think they're hot shit because they were better than us for a year day"

+6 HS
OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

I think an old prophet once said, "A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then."

It seriously blows my mind that their fans act like they have run the B1G for the past decade. The stars aligned for them one lucky night when we played our absolute worst. I hope we beat them by 30+ in EL and put them back in their place. 

Can only imagine how hungry our team is right now

+5 HS
ITWASME's picture

I think Urban will have the team wanting to rip their heads off and it will probably not end too well for Sparty

+7 HS
kmp10's picture

I agree with your comment specific to MSU fans and their unwarranted arrogance. MSU is a solid, semi traditional program. Nothing more, nothing less. Their fans are delusional if they believe otherwise, or mistakenly believe that their program is comparable to Ohio State's. From time to time is MSU on par with Ohio State? Sure, but the OSU football program, by a wide margin, is vastly superior. Look no further than the NCAA and B1G record books for proof. Facts are facts, and all that… However, specific to your "the stars aligned for them one lucky night…" comment, well, I disagree completely. MSU was a very good team last year. I believe they could have played with and beaten anyone in the country in 2013. Their offense was solid and their defense was spectacular. Ohio State fielded half of a very good team last season, but the defense was abysmal. The OSU D was responsible for the loss in that game, entirely, and as much as I love the Buckeyes I honestly believe that the better TEAM won the B1G title last year. 

+1 HS
Eph97's picture

They are strictly a spoiler in my book. Will never contend for a national title. I'll always hate them for '98.

+7 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Had Sparty not f*cked up against ND, they could have been, and likely would have been playing for a national title vs. Florida State. They were THAT close. I give them credit for actually winning the Rose Bowl, unlike the Badgers.

+3 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Our play calling (AS WELL AS Stanford's), was the sole reason for their two end of season victories.  PERIOD.  Two choke jobs.

acBuckeye's picture

And a little thing called Our Secondary.....

+2 HS
bethmowins's picture

"Not to be a Debby Downer, but it most likely had more to do with a "we win games" approach than the supposed used car salesman approach."

Some Michigan fans get it.

+4 HS
Eph97's picture

But most UM fans are spinning some bs about Hoke "passing" on Cornell because Cornell is really a DT and not a DE.

​Irish fans seem to be the most level headed of the bunch; they seem to be giving Urb props for reeling in both and wishing our recruits good luck.

+2 HS
lljjgg's picture

​Irish fans seem to be the most level headed of the bunch; they seem to be giving Urb props for reeling in both and wishing our recruits good luck.

Hmm, I guess it depends where you look. Irish Envy (a ND fan forum) and the ND 247 forum the day of the announcement were littered with posts talking about how Kelly passed on Cornell (because according to them Cornell had gotten out of shape/fat), and how Hilliard had been duped by Meyer into believing OSU has a respectable Business school (actual comments I saw SEVERAL times between Irish Envy and the ND 247 page). It really seems like every fanbase has their nutjobs (including the OSU fanbase, of course). One thing I found out about the nutjobs of the ND fanbase that I should have known was that some of them really believe that if you don't choose ND you: 1) have no regard for education, and 2) have no proper relationship with God.

Crimson's picture

2) have no proper relationship with God.

Well to be fair, I'm pretty sure I had sex with that guy's daughter.

+1 HS
bukyze's picture

Never thought I'd see the day when scUM fans were being more rational than Sparty fans.

+5 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

MSU fans are quickly becoming the 2nd most annoying fan base in the BigTen. They act as if MSU goes to the RB every year.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yea the way the speak of themselves you would have no clue they have only beaten us twice in the last decade. You would think the table is reversed. I guess when they beat  us last year they some how took all of  tOSU's accomplishments and trophies up to East Lansing with them.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
DannyBeane's picture

So Sparty thinks they're a Highlander now?

+4 HS
Fatpants's picture

That cockiness is what happens when a fanbase with an inferiority complex finds a little success. 

+8 HS
funtubs's picture

Reading that made me realize how much I hate the standard forum format, with tons of space in between comments and so much extra fluff. Thank you Eleven Warriors for having a website that looks nice and is easy to read.

+10 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

The only part I had a problem with was the guy saying they beat us "handily".  Really?  That wasn't the game I was watching.  But, when most of your wins are by 1pt, I guess maybe that does qualify for handily.  Whatever.  Hope we SMASH them this year.  I expect Urban to have an "angry" team.

+4 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+13 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Brutus better bring his "A" game and not let Sparty go all "Bobcat" on him.

osu407's picture

I'm glad they are getting their hopes up so high.  It'll just be that much more rewarding when we beat them in December, and I'm feeling more and more confident that we will.

+6 HS
Eph97's picture

MSU fans are still milking that win over Fickell's inept bunch in 2011. They want to say 2-1 over the last three years. Whatever makes them feel good I guess. Most fair minded people would view the recent series as 1-1. I think they are not going to like the results going forward now that all of Urban's "upgraded" talent is coming online.

Also, I think the love affair with Dantonio for 2002 is pretty much done. I don't think Urb's going to be telling recruits he passes on to go to MSU like Fickell did with Laveon Bell.

+5 HS
IGotAWoody's picture

Neither team or fan base should be proud of that 2011 game. Both programs should bury those memories in a deep grave and never speak of it again. One of the ugliest games I've ever sat thru, and I was there for it. Shitty, miserable weather, and even shittier, miserabler football on display.

- License to kill gophers (wolverines, badgers, etc) by the government of the United Nations

+3 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I love how they think we run a gimmick offense and all the talk about how their 2 stars always out perform our 4 and 5 stars. I mean by looking at some of their chats you would think its Bama fans who have actually won 3 out of 4 National titles recently and yearly bring in the top talent from around the Nation. They will be a tough team but only compete for a B1G title every 4 or 5 years. This year their schedule is actually favorable with all their tough rivalry games and us traveling to East Lansing.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
305Buck's picture

MSU will lose 3 games this year imo.

They travel to Eugene early to play Oregon after replacing a lot of starters from that defense including Dennard and Bullough. Oregon's speed on the outside will kill MSU. MSU linebackers excel at coming down hill and Ohio State and Stanford kept running up the gut, but when you decide to run to the outside which Oregon will do, their linebackers lack lateral quickness.

They will lose to Ohio State, and I see them losing Nebraska.

+6 HS
Damonbuckeye's picture

I said the same thing only if/when msu gets beat by tOSU I firmly believe they will go in the tank and wind up in the BW3 bowl...

+4 HS
buckeyedude's picture

Good defense will keep you in a lot of games. I don't hate on MSU like I do TTUN, so therefore, I will be hoping that MSU beats Oregon. The B1G desperately needs some good OOC victories. Plus, it will allow these MSU fans and players to inflate their heads to maximum when the angry Buckeyes show up in E.L.

+4 HS
EDUGOON's picture

Don't worry we gonna be about that "Action Boss" when we see Sparty again! Trust and Believe!!!!

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

+2 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Some pretty valid points.  If I'm being honest the Michigan state fan base bothers me less than just about any fan base in the rest of the big ten.  One guy pointed out that Ohio state has only lost to sparty 6 times since 1975.  That's the mark of a fan base that doesn't get too far ahead of themselves.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

+2 HS
Jabba1977's picture

Ohio State wins Scum and Sparty Lose,Bottom Line!!!

SECHATER77

+2 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture

I found BassDropper trolling the Notre Dame forums right before the Hilliard decision.

I don't know if this was pointed out earlier, I wasn't on the morning of the decision. 

LEBRON

+6 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Deadly Nuts's picture
+1 HS
hodge's picture

Remember MSU fans: Pride comes before the lol. 

+5 HS
RenegadeBuckeye's picture

Sparty Nation better get used to the taste of their own blood.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

The Sparty I know has usually sucked over the last 30 years. Amazing what one year does to an attitude of a fan base. I travel several times a month for work. I've seen more Sparty shirts in airports this last year than I've seen in my lifetime. They better hope the bandwagon doesn't come to too sudden a screeching stop. 

+3 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Wonder what their excuse will be when we beat their asses this year..........BOOOOOOOM

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
Boom777's picture

We can sum up Sparty with "the sun shines on a dog's ass every once and a while"

Wherever you are, there you be!

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

It's their time in the sun and they earned it but come Nov 8 things will change. What a let down that will be for them to lose at home with the whole country watching.

+3 HS
buckeyedude's picture

My nephew played baseball for a certain B1G school in TSUN not named MSU back in the 1990s. I went to watch him play vs. Sparty in E. Lansing in the summer, and I could not get over how many pretty girls were on campus there, even in the middle of summer. I realize every campus has nice looking girls, even maybe at TTUN, but MSU has A LOT of them. I never understood the reason. It's a mystery to me to this day.

I think this game is the big one. Bigger than TTUN at home, IMHO. I hope to God OSU spanks the shit out of those Spartans. But you know their defense it going to be good and they have a returning QB, so they are going to be tough.

+2 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

To be fair, I encounter hundreds of MSU fans every day. The only place I really see blind arrogance and the like is on message boards. The alumni and other fans around here arent claiming to be a superpower or "running the B1G"....very down-to-earth, realistic people. Online forums are breeding grounds for 12 year old trolls using their parents' computers to get a rise out of people.

+2 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

The people you encounter ARE the people on the message boards!!-----they just lose their bravado, when they have to look at you eyeball to eyeball.  Internet muscles.  November 8th.

IH8UOFM's picture

lol...had some guy at the bar a few weeks ago, kept telling me "Well when someones as big as you, UM fans probably dont say much to start trouble" (FWIW I'm 6'2 220 and dont really consider myself all that big). We'll see though, I'll be in EL come November, rocking this shirt

+2 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

I got no beef with Sparty and their fans. They were class acts at the B10 championship game from my experiences. Penn st. And wisco on the other hand can be delusional. My 2 cents.

+1 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

That's because the night of the game, they were in SHOCK that they had finally done something relevant.

-2 HS
RMichaelS's picture

To be Fair, MSU has played great against the Buckeyes for quite some time.  They get up for the game & Dantonio works harder.  I'm glad they beat Stanford!  & frankly, I'm glad they continued the expose of our secondary.  Imagine the ESPN ranting if we had gone against Florida St. in the NC game & had our heads handed to us.  This year we'll get there if we're good enough & only if we get solid (positive) answers to the Oh so many questions on both offense and defense. 

+1 HS
Mortc15's picture

Why all the negative reaction to Sparty thinking they're better than osu? Last I checked, they ARE. I was in Indy for the BTCG. Should osu have won? Probably. But they didn't. I'm a diehard buckeye fan for life, but Sparty deserves to say "whatever, we still beat them" even if only (and hopefully) for a year. 

Buck-I4Life

-1 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture

Let 'em talk. They got us last year. We'll get  them this year, and when you look at the two programs side-by-side, there's really no contest.

+2 HS
rightfield's picture

I am glad Sparty has risen up. Their fans are a lot easier to stomach than UM's and their fans see through the wolverine crap like we do and they enjoy dog piling UM like we do. Dantonio is classy (second best coach in B1G) and he owns *ichigan on and off the field.

I see MSU as a cousin program to OSU. We love and hate a lot of the same things. As long as we are in first place and they are in second, I am fine with MSU.

Its good to be the king

+1 HS
razrback16's picture

Eh, MSU is a mediocre overall program whose fans cannot handle winning very well. Same thing happened with Wisconsin when they beat us in 2010. Their fans acted like they were national champions and had been dominating us for decades. Now fast forward to now when we've beaten them 3 years in a row and you can't find a Wisconsin fan with a search party. MSU will be the same way once we beat them again for a couple years. They had a very good team in 2013, but they need to learn to dial it down a bit and get some perspective. When their fans start acting like it's not a big deal to beat us, that's when we'll know MSU has actually become a national program on par with the elites like Ohio State.

Seattle Linga's picture

Sounds like sour grapes to me

+4 HS