Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Tim Settle, Christian Kirk, Josh Sweat, Damien Harris, Jerome Baker, LJ Scott, Drew Richmond

BlockO's picture
July 2, 2014 at 2:37pm
124 Comments

This is the class I would love us to finish with. I especially want sweat and settle! Reel em in Urbs! Who would you like us to finish this class with?

EvanstonBuckeye's picture

Impressive list. I haven't heard much about Settle lately. I think Hilliard will do work, though, as a recruiter; this class now has a leader.

+2 HS
BlockO's picture

I agree...and also believe that it is not over for us to get settle in the fold.

"faith seeking understanding” (fides quaerens intellectum)

sgehrich's picture

Add Burrell and Whitehead. And it's a toss up for me whether I would prefer settle or Gallimore. But overall, a good list, and not that unrealistic. 

+1 HS
stittracer99's picture

I read today that Cornell is going to be roommates with Gallimore at the Opening and that he plans on being in his ear the whole time.

+4 HS
mtrotb's picture

What about the dlineman from Connecticut that doesn't talk to reporters?  Wilkens??

mtrotb

+2 HS
Gray Box's picture

Cornell is already at work:

+14 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

Burrell is 93% CB'd to tOSU

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

BOOM BABY.........CROOT'EM ............ALL

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+3 HS
Buckabroad's picture

Great list! Add Burrell and it would be perfect.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+1 HS
ECSAGESTER's picture

After getting Hilliard and Cornell, would love to match the offensive side of the ball with the equivalent in Kirk and Harris. 

+9 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

All of this. Up votes for days.

southernstatesbuckeye's picture

That list looks pretty sweet.  Even if we finish with Humpty Dumpty, Porky Pig, and Little Red Riding Hood, it will still be one of the top classes out there.

+4 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Don't underestimate the damage Little Red Riding Hood can bring. She's a stone-cold killer with all the intangibles.

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

#1 Baker

#2a Kirk

#2b Harris

#3 Sweat

#4 Settle

#5 Clark

#6 Gibson (WR)

Guess we probably need one more OL but... Thats all folks

+3 HS
BlockO's picture

Good list fam

KansasBuckeye's picture

No Harris or Scott?  I'm guessing you're calling Baker our only running back in the class?

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Fixed. Thanks. How crazy would it be if there werent room for Scott?

+1 HS
woodi19's picture

1 - Harris

2 - Baker

3 - Kirk

4 - Sweat

5 - Burrell

6 - Gallimore 

7 - Wilkins

Would be outstanding!

+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Piss on top 10 or even top 5 lets croot up to #1.....................BOOOOOOOOM BAAAAAAAABY!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+3 HS
BlockO's picture

Lol

allinosu's picture

I loved the way he said during his announcement calling Burwell and Damien them out by saying he was coming after them.

+1 HS
BlockO's picture

Lol the analyst on cf live just compared Braxton miller to LeBron James.

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

He might be right.  Is With Clowney and Watkins in the NFL is there a better athlete in CFB?

+2 HS
BlockO's picture

Good point bro

MichaelJ721984's picture

Yeah, everyone in the SEC! 

+1 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

QB- Joey Burrow

RB- Damien Harris

WR- Eric Glover-Williams, Christian Kirk, Brian Cole

OL- Grant Schmidt, Kevin Feder, Matthew Burrell

DL- Jashon Cornell, Dre'mont Jones, Neville Gallimore, Josh Sweat

LB- Justin Hilliard, Nick Conner, Jerome Baker

CB- Jamel Dean, Denzel Ward, Jordan Whitehead

S- Tyler Green, Rashad Roundtree

ST- Liam McCullough

This is my prediction for the class, with the bolded players as current verbal commits.  I think the remaining players I project to tOSU are very realistic and this is a top 5 class for sure.  My only concern is it is 20 players total and we only have 16 spots that will be open (13 seniors, 3 back to 85).  Sure there will be natural attrition but I'm not sure 5 spots open up.....

+7 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Keep in mind that attrition could also be guys declaring for the draft.

Juniors and RS sophomores:

• Noah Spence
  • Diesel Washington
  • Tommy Schutt
  • Joshua Perry
  • Tyvis Powell
  • Taylor Decker
  • Armani Reeves
  • Nick Vannett
  • Jacoby Boren

I think it's likely that we'll probably see one or two of them declare (probably Spence and Diesel) and then see a few guys transfer, like we do every year.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
Becool12's picture

I will respectfully disagree and say only one who has a real chance of declaring would be Spence. He is the only prospect that would be a first day pick if he continues along the path he has been on. Diesel is good but he took a huge step back last year. He would have to have a great year to even be drafted. Same with Josh Perry and Tyvis Powell. Powell would have to have a good year because he isn't that athletic. He does have the height that many nfl teams want at safety. 

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Perry and Washington both could bolt with a good year. Lets not forget that both of them were battling injuries all last season.

Perry has the size of a prototypical NFL LB and with Fickell focusing on just linebackers again, I wouldn't be surprised to see Perry dominate. Kid showed what he is made of during the Clemson game. And don't underestimate the affect that Johnson's coaching will have on Washington. And with Spence and Bosa on the outside commanding double teams, Washington will have plenty of opportunities to shine.

+3 HS
Crimson's picture

Perry didn't jam his guy, the safety had to cover him, and Watkins scored an easy touchdown.  That was Perry, wasn't it?

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

No I believe that was Bell. I think it was because I remember yelling at the TV about how they left a freshman Safety in his first game starting one on one with Watkins with no help over the top.

+3 HS
Crimson's picture

Right, Bell got beat, but he was supposed to have safety help.  Perry didn't jam his guy, so the safety helped Perry's guy.  That one wasn't on Bell.

As the play progresses with Clemson running four verticals, Von Bell must play man against Watkins down field and Perry must do the same with the slot receiver, with safety help over the top. But as the play commences, Perry does not re-route the slot receiver or mirror him down field. This forces CJ Barnett to cover the slot receiver, and the inside help Bell was expecting never materializes.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2014/01/31980/ohio-state-v-clemson-defensi...

+2 HS
buckeye85's picture

Not Bell's fault at all and he knew it.  He looked back at Perry as to say WTF are you doing?  There where numerous times all year where the LB's failed to re-route TE's and WR's which makes things difficult for the safeties.  That would be like playing Cover 2 and the outside DB's giving the WR's free release to the sidelines and not re-routing them towards the middle of the field.  The safeties are going to have a lot more difficult task when WR's release clean.  You want to disrupt routes and force the offense to run routes into the teeth of the defense and out soft a** LB corps just allowed people to run free all season long.

+2 HS
Becool12's picture

I believe both of them have great size, athleticism, and ability to be great players. But to be honest, Washington is the 4th best player on the line and his draft positon will stuggle because of that. If. Perry is able to take over for Shazier, he could possibly be a 3rd or 4th round this year

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

I don't see how Washington being the 4th best player on this line hurts. Bennett, Spence and Bosa are all projected top 15 picks so that's not necessarily a bad thing. While the offensive line, RBs and TEs are double teaming and chipping those guys, Washington will have plenty of opportunities to dominate. Look at how well Bosa did because teams doubled Spence last year. Now they have to double Spence and Bosa while leaving help in the middle for the RG that will be blocking Bennett.

+1 HS
labuck's picture

If Decker has a good year he could possibly go. They said he was the best on the line at the end of last year.

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Re: Perry, you are required to cover TEs in the NFL. He's steadily improved, and is a 4 year guy. 

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Agree.  Spence, maybe. 

+1 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Can't forget the groin injury that forced Washington inside... he was a better freshman than Spence. He could do big things this year.

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+3 HS
Buckabroad's picture

BB31, your DL class would be one for the ages. Please let this happen.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+1 HS
villagebuckeye's picture

Chris Carter and Tommy Brown will both be in their 4th years as redshirt juniors.  Neither has really contributed could these two be shown the door at the end of the season. 

Groveport Heisman's picture

Carter will be a serious plug in our goal line and short yardage packages. He has really turned it around(weight and body) and the only door he will be shown is the one in Indianapolis for the NFL combine.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

I just wish this recruiting period would pick up....this slow start is killing me....

+13 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I see you haven't lost your sarcasm. Funny how we moved up 23 spots on some recruiting board oh I'd around 10:15 ish

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

Seems ESPN is warming up to us....

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

It's a conspiracy!  247 hates us!

+14 HS
Gray Box's picture
+8 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Looking at these recruiting class charts... has anyone done less with more than Georgia? It amazes me how they can never break through and become a powerhouse. Fertile recruiting grounds in the heart of SEC country, and yet they manage to win 7-9 games a year  perpetually.

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+3 HS
bleedscarlet's picture

Of all the sec schools, I believe them to be the cleanest. One of the few schools down there I can't remember hearing anything bad about their recruiting and Richt always seems to bring the hammer down when he needs to. Could be wrong, just always seemed that way to me.

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+5 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Agreed.   UGA seems like the cleanest program and they do not oversign.  UGA is basically what the top SEC teams would be each year if not for breaking the rules and laughing at Mark Emmert.

+1 HS
BuckeyeNTexas's picture

So they are the Northwestern, of the SEC! :)

.“In football everything is complicated by the presence of the opposite team.”― Jean-Paul Sartre

Jbuckham94's picture

I find it kinda ironic that you guys and others perceive Georgia as clean, when perhaps the only reason Rashad Roundtree is wavering on UGA is because of the school's recent history of athlete arrests and players getting kicked off the team.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

Crimson's picture

because of the school's recent history of [...] players getting kicked off the team.

You mean, like, without a team vote first?

+1 HS
InTressITrust's picture

They have not had a chance to drop Hillilard and Cornell's rankings yet.  We will drop

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

Time to make a million threads about how we lost to penn state and michigan for the spring recruiting championship

-1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Just think if we operated like Saban and kicked off 9 non contributors and took a class of say 28? Haters would be curled up in the fetal position thumb sucking.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

This is how I see the class finishing.

Damien Harris - Commit at The Opening
Jerome Baker- Commit on the 11th
Larry Scott- Commit early July
Matthew Burrell- Commit at FNL
Van Jefferson- Commit on his birthday, July 26th
Drew Richmond- Commit on Sept. 9th
Chris Clark- Flip after his football season
Christian Kirk- Commit after his football season
Josh Sweat- Commit after his football season
Kendrell McFadden- Commit at the Army game
Neville Gallimore- Commit on National Signing Day

QB- Burrow
RB- Harris, Scott
WR- Kirk, Jefferson, EGW
TE- Clark
OL- Richmond, Burrell, Feder, Schmidt
DL- Jones, Gallimore, Cornell, Sweat
LB- Hilliard, Conner, Baker
DB- Ward, McFadden, Green, Dean
LS- McCollough *Greyshirt*

+6 HS
Hayze's picture

I just don't think we'll have room for that many unfortunately.

At this point, I'm seeing us only being able to take one of Scott and Harris. Sounds like Harris wants to be the only back in the class and Scott could potentially flip if someone else offers his brother. So I think we just get Harris. Clark might want to flip but at that point it might be too late.

WR: Like Kirk and EGW, but I think the other WR in the class is Brian Cole. For some reason I just have a good feeling about him. DL is perfect and OL too although we might only take one more tackle if James Daniels commits soon.

Finally, I think we have a good shot to land Rashad Roundtree as a safety, and I don't see McFadden in this class.

Really good list though. I have Burrows, Harris, Kirk, EGW, Cole, Burrell, Daniel, Feder, Schmidt, Jones, Gallimore, Cornell, Sweat, Hilliard, Conner, Baker, Ward, Green, Dean, Roundtree and McCollough.

+4 HS
305Buck's picture

If Harris commits first like I predict and he tells Meyer that he doesn't mind having another running back in this class, then I could see Scott in the class as well.

I also think Jefferson will be a Buckeye, his mom has a ton of respect for Meyer and we get his last visit before he decides. I could see Cole in this class if Jefferson isn't in it.

And Rusty Mansell (Insider for Georgia 247) says sources close to Roundtree says his top 3 is Georgia, Auburn and Duke, and Rusty is as reliable as they come when it comes to Georgia recruits. McFadden named his top 3 of West Virginia, Ohio State and Miami last month and I believe Ohio State will flip him.

There's also rumors that McCollough will be asked to grey shirt. He would have to pay for his first semester in college, that way his scholarship wouldn't count against this class, making it really 22 commits in this class where I project it will end up.

+1 HS
DMcDougal24's picture

I'll start by saying that I hang on here a lot and I know that you know your stuff. Is there anyone credible saying that Damien Harris is thinking of moving up his decision to the opening or are you just making a prediction? I ask because of your prediction and another poster (I think Hayze in a different thread) saying that there is word he's moving it up. 

Hayze's picture

Nothing concrete at all. Just a fair bit of rumors going around but nothing from his mouth. Only thing he said is tweeted "Decisions" the same day Cornell announced he was moving his announcement up.

305Buck's picture

Birm confirmed that he's thinking hard about committing within the next two weeks.

Calgarybuck's picture

We'll have room if necessary, we have a few 4th year Jr's that we may not give a 5th year to, so we can take all the 5* we want wait to see who transfer's/leave early for the draft then if were over by 2-3 sadly say we can't have you on scholarship any more.  It sucks, but I don't want to say no to a josh sweat or gallimore to keep a non-starting 5th year senior.  

BengalErnst's picture

What kids are these? Tommy brown, Chris carter and chase Farris?

Nicholas l Ernst

BengalErnst's picture

23 seems like too many.

Nicholas l Ernst

+1 HS
Scarlet_Buckeye's picture

I don't see the Buckeyes landing Tim Settle or Drew Richmond, but I do see us landing landing Damien Harris, Jerome Baker, and LJ Scott.  Christian Kirk and Josh Sweat are toss-ups.

+8 HS
Woodshed's picture

Best post in this thread IMO. Some of you guys are nucking futs.

+9 HS
Hayze's picture

Exactly. Sometimes you just have to not dream big at all. This staff has shown that they can't recruit and can't close out targets that we as fans didn't think OSU had a good shot at a month ago.

/sarcasm

+9 HS
Woodshed's picture

"Dreaming big" and "I expect" are far different things.

oh and how does saying some people have completely unrealistic expectations mean I think the staff can't recruit?

Are you serious?

+3 HS
Hayze's picture

Fair enough. Nobody is saying "I expect". These are predictions.

We're top 5 for Sweat and top 2 (most likely) for Kirk. We're also in Richmond's top group. Why would anyone be nuts to predict them here?

+2 HS
ronbizi's picture

Very good point Hayze.  To elaborate on your comparison Woodshed...  "nucking futs and "unlikely" are far different things also.  I agree that its unlikely we will land all of these top targets.  But when we're in the top 2 or 5 of all these recruits, how is that "completely unrealistic"?  When the staff just landed two 5-star recruits in same hour today, there's no need to throw cold water on everyone's excitement.

Eph97's picture

If Saban can recruit like that, so can Urban. We don't take a backseat to anyone.

+2 HS
BeijingBucks's picture

well actually there was this marketing major redhead I didn't mind taking to the backseat...

None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license. ~ John Milton

+5 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Finish with
Baker
Harris
Kirk
Sweat
Gallimore
Burell
Daniels/richmond/ ol
Whitehead

I'd be ecstatic lol

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
BengalErnst's picture

My predictions with OSU targets..

Sweat - Virginia Tech

Settle - Alabama 

Gallimore - Ohio State

Wilkins - Ohio State

Beckner - Missouri

Clark - scUM

Kirk - Ohio State

Cole - Mich State

Jefferson - Tennessee

Peete - Miami

McFadden - WVU

Roundtree - Georgia 

Whitehead - Pittsburgh

Gibson - Auburn

Burrell - Ohio State

Daniels - Iowa

Richmond - Tennessee

Prince - Ohio State

Allen - Georgia 

Harris - Ohio State

Scott - WVU

Weber - Michigan State

Hines - UNC

these are obviously subjected to change but this is how I see this class unfolding, did I miss any targets?

Nicholas l Ernst

+5 HS
BengalErnst's picture

Oh and of course Baker is scarlet and gray

Nicholas l Ernst

305Buck's picture

Sweat isn't ending up at Virginia Tech, if history shows us anything, it's that they never pull in the top talent from Virginia.

Settle isn't ending up at Alabama, they've stopped recruiting him as well.

Wilkins isn't ending up at Ohio State. Alex reported that he gets the feeling that there are a few teams ahead of Ohio State right now and without a return visit this summer we have no shot.

Clark will flip to someone after Michigan has another bad season and I predict that someone will be Ohio State with his "bros."

I feel good about Jefferson since his mom loves coach Meyer and we get the last visit.

McFadden will not end up at WVU, guaranteed. He even admitted that the only reason he committed to them was because his high school head coach accepted a job there, and that he's looking around to see if he can find a better fit. He will either flip to Ohio State or Miami.

Whitehead is Penn State's to lose.

Auburn has stopped recruiting Gibson.

I also feel good about Ohio State's chances with Richmond. He grew up a fan of the Buckeyes, and we get what will likely be his last visit before he decides.

I don't think Prince ends up at Ohio State, I think he goes to Maryland. Sources say they are still his leader after the Ohio State visit and he's looking to decide before the end of the summer.

Scott will go to MSU before he goes to WVU, but it depends on whoever offers his brother if either of them even do, so you might be right.

+3 HS
BengalErnst's picture

This recruiting season is only about half way over, these are my predictions on how things finish, not where they stand.

Nicholas l Ernst

+8 HS
Burnsy's picture

Maybe, but what did they all have for lunch?

+1 HS
BlockO's picture

It is amazing where we stand with these recruits right now.

OSU069's picture

Predictions for rest of class 

1. Baker(Lock)

2. Harris(Almost a lock)

3. Burrell(Almost a lock) 

4. Richmond

5. Kirk

6. Gibson(QB project/WR) 

7. Neville Gallimore

8. Tim Settle

9. Jordan Whitehead

-3 HS
Hayze's picture

Could get on with this one. Gibson is an extreme longshot though. Pretty sure we're done recruiting him. In fact there's smoke that both Auburn and Tennessee are done with him too.

I can see us getting back in with Settle. We aren't actively recruiting him right now, but some Va Tech insiders said that if we ever to start pursuing him hard that we would be right up there in his teams to beat.

Crimson's picture

I believe we're again actively recruiting Settle.  There was a thread maybe two weeks ago that said there was a talk, and things are back on.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

He said he wanted to visit this summer and with the rumors of Tennessee and Auburn cooling on him, we might be able to come back in and land him. This is more wishful thinking on my part though.

buckny's picture

EGW will NOT be in this Class IMHO!

-3 HS
Crimson's picture

It'd be more humble if you didn't caps lock it :\

(borderline sarcasm font)

+5 HS
FitzBuck's picture

What is Gibson doing that is running off SEC teams?  Anyone else think this is unusual?  

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Word is he killed 6 hookers.  It was the 6th one that was over the line!  Craig James knew to stop at 5.

+8 HS
Hayze's picture

(WARNING: this is part speculation, part putting together rumors)

Part is he is very determined to play QB even though most coaches don't think he has the ability to and think he'd be a much much better receiver.

The other part is that he comes from a not so good circle and has problems staying out of trouble. But he's not doing anything to keep out of trouble. Partly because the status of being such a high profile recruit is getting to his head, so he doesn't see the need to stay out of trouble.

So in combination, programs are deciding that he's not worth the risk.

Hopefully he changes for himself.

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Don't know but it is surprising considering he hasn't committed any crimes or anything. Doesn't seem like a bad kid at all. I think since he has blown up on the recruiting trail he has gotten a big head and has developed a bit of a selfish attitude. Not sure why that would stop schools from recruiting him with his immense talent.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Baker, Harris, Scott, Whitehead, Burrell, and another OL. The rest is gravy. 

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Whoever lands Gallimore is getting a beast.  I hope we're fortunate enough

+5 HS
305Buck's picture

Cornell is his roommate at The Opening, that's excellent.

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

+1 for even knowing the room asignments

+6 HS
buckeyestu's picture

Harris, Burrell, Baker, Stump, Sweat, and Scott.

Dougger's picture

Kirk. 

I like football

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Im biased because I live in PHX, but I think Kirk is the number 1 player in the country. Im really hoping he picks the good guys.

Local talk is that he is an A&M guy, but I think he is down to 2.  We definitely have a chance.

+1 HS
mmounts's picture

A lot of you seem to be missing the fact that we still need another quarterback in this class. Hasn't the OSU staff been on record saying they will take 2?

-1 HS
Hayze's picture

Quite the opposite, actually.

They've been adamant that we're only taking one QB.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

They said they were taking two from the beginning.  However, when Burrow committed, that changed to taking only one pretty quickly.  It's a recent development though.

+3 HS
UrbzRenewal's picture

I believe the phrase used was "only one QB not named Torrance Gibson".

+3 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Yeah, they were for a while, maybe cause they thought they had Gibson, Wimbush, and Nunez. Plus, we don't need another one really, we will only lose one QB in Brax, so all we need is that one. Then in 2016 we have many options, and in 17 we have Clark. 

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

I notice a whole lot of you don't see Larry Scott in the class - why is that? Every person who covers recruiting on this site seems to think he will be...However, I don't know anything about whatever this situation is with his brother. Someone or multiple people please elaborate.

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

Crimson's picture

I know numbers are tight, but I've only heard speculation that Scott won't be in the class.  I think the reason people are dropping him is because Harris said he would prefer to be the only back, but I don't think Urban and staff care about that.  Unless Birm comes on and says otherwise.

+2 HS
Hayze's picture

This. If Harris doesn't care, I think most think we'd take Scott and Harris. The staff has to convince Harris that having a one-two punch of him and Scott is a benefit.

BroJim's picture

I hope Kirk is the next top prospect. 

I season my simple food with hunger

+1 HS
Yenots11's picture

Am I the only one who wants him to commit to OSU and be great so someday we can call him Captain Kirk?

Go Bucks!! 

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam!"

+8 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

It'll be tough to beat Baker to the punch as a the "next" one as he announces next Friday, but I would assume the legwork is pretty much done on that one whether he goes S&G or not. I don't think there's any doubt that Kirk is a top priority, though, and love the fact that he and Hilliard are close.

Gibson's recruitment is a head-scratcher. You'd have to think it's conduct or academic-related.

MikeTheBuckeye's picture

With Meyer's warning of a small class ahead of us, the 5 players I would most like to see at THE Ohio State University in order:

- Kirk

- Harris

- Sweat

- Baker

- Gallimore

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

Can't disagree with you there bubby but what about Larry Scott? With attrition, etc., its not out of the question we have a 20 man class, which is still smallish...

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

MikeTheBuckeye's picture

I would gladly take him, and I believe he is a strong Ohio State lean, as is Harris. But we already have a stable of capable RBs and if I had to chose where to allocate an all-important scholarship, I think I would use it elsewhere. But if Urban wants 2 RB in this class, I'm fine with it.

cinserious's picture

I personally would go after Scott regardless. He's a 4* from Ohio will the skill set we desire and he brings a bigger size back to compliment Damian Harris. Both would be better than one. Things can happen all the time in a RB stable: bad attitude, can't transition to college game, injury, suspension, glass-in-foot syndrome, etc. Sometimes a pair and a spare aint enough.

Life's daily struggle is choosing between saying F--ck-it, or soldiering on with your responsibilities.  

+2 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

You know what? You are absolutely right. I have nothing to argue with you there. I am a big proponent of reaping the talent within Ohio's fertile boarders and sometimes it's hard to remember to get back to your roots when Urban has been finding so much success recruiting nationally. But building depth in any position is important (I miss you already Kenny) because things, such as freak injuries do happen. Just ask Jordan Hall. But that is outside of our hands. However bad  attitude is a little easier to foresee. That is why we are recruiting Harris instead of Gibson. 

cinserious's picture

Exactly. I have heard talk on this site about Harris wanting to be the only back in the class, however I don't think that matters to the staff and ultimately, Harris won't mind the competition from Scott. Like Stacy Elliott said, Ohio State recruits this kind of talent on a yearly basis, so Harris will be competing against his caliber in layers, year after year.

Northbrook's picture

I'm guessing the only way we take 2 RBs in this class is if one of Dunn or Ball leave.

MikeTheBuckeye's picture

Unfortunately, that is a trade I think I could live with, to be honest with you.

+2 HS
Northbrook's picture

As long as a current player is working hard and being a good guy on and off the field I'll want him to stay and graduate.

+1 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

Christian Kirk, Josh Sweat, Damien Harris, Jerome Baker, LJ Scott, Drew Richmond, Matthew Burrell, Van Jefferson, Neville Gillimore. 

That's 21 in the class

edr4225's picture

lets add 1 more 

Christian Kirk, Josh Sweat, Damien Harris, Jerome Baker, LJ Scott, Drew Richmond, Matthew Burrell, Van Jefferson, Neville Gillimore and ATH Torrance Gibson

That's a nice 22 in the class

lets go bucks!!

+1 HS
ab1993's picture

Give me Sweat and Gallimore and I'm all good after that with whoever.

305Buck's picture

Someone did a great write-up on our scholarship situation for this class. We have 13 scholarships seniors and we get 3 back from the NCAA. Spence will leave early, with the possibility of Perry, Washington, Decker, and Johnston. Spence is the only for sure one so that puts us at 17 scholarships for 2015. Johnston may be the 2nd most likely if he really wants to make money because some team will draft him, kid is a beast. But after that you have this Sprinkle situation, this kid is all but gone and I wish him the best in life and hopes he gets help, that leaves Ohio State with 18 scholarships. Now you have Brown and Tanner who will be 5th year seniors that have contributed little to the team, do you renew their scholly or let them go? I lean towards let go which makes 20. Now you have Underwood, Carter and Farris who all will be 5th year seniors, do you renew their schollys or let them go? I say renew only if they are in the two deep at seasons end, if not then let them go. So this class will end up with at least 20 players in it with a slight possibility to reach 24 or 25.

UrbanCulture's picture

does OSU typically "let go" of 5th year seniors that haven't contributed much? Sounds kinda Bama-ish  IMO

BengalErnst's picture

Under tressel, short answer is simply no. 

Nicholas l Ernst