Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Reaction to Hilliard and Cornell's decision around twitter

305Buck's picture
July 2, 2014 at 2:34pm
48 Comments
305Buck's picture

Feel free to add anything you guys see.

+4 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture
+43 HS
Hovenaut's picture

There it is.

We have a winner.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+4 HS
305Buck's picture
+8 HS
TMac's picture
+6 HS
DannyBeane's picture

Birm tweeted my Godzilla going nuclear gif. My day has officially been made!

+2 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Did he just say Ohio and State together?  Brady is going to be pissed about that one.

+7 HS
BrooklynBuckeye's picture

Wanna know what simultaneous 5 star commits looks like?

Error Box is the KFC Doubledown of Gray Boxes.
+29 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Don't worry, 11w will Bounce back.

+49 HS
Buck Commander's picture

AND BOUNCE BACK THEY DID.........DOUBLE BOOOOOM THERE............WOW!     :0p

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+3 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

Thank you for that gif(t).

Go Bucks!

+3 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture

We need more threads of this.

Giggity.

+1 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

Two thumbs up for the double 5 star commit and bouncing back!

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+13 HS
JasonR's picture

Just an FYI, some of us look at this site at work.

-2 HS
Earle's picture

And some longer than others...

Just say no to italics abuse.

+13 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture

A question for Birm, Jordan or Brandon - The Hilliard committment is huge. I wonder on a national level if recruitnics look at this as an Ohio kid doing what Ohio kids do and committing to Ohio State. If so, I almost wonder if the Cornell committment makes a bigger splash nationally and will play bigger dividends on some of these other out of state recruits.

YTOWNBUCKI's picture

It's pretty huge on a national scale.  Ohio State has now added the #1 player in South Dakota and the #1 player in Minnesota.

Von Bell was the #1 player in GA in 2013

Raekwon McMillan was the #1 player in GA in 2014.

+2 HS
BTBuckeye's picture
I was all like....

+3 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Damn near cried when they both committed!!

chicagobuckeye's picture

And yet you call soccer a sissy sport with its ties and losses...

+8 HS
Hovenaut's picture

+12 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

I want you to SHOW me where I said ANYTHING about soccer being a sissy sport.  You are really reaching to make yourself relevant.

chicagobuckeye's picture

I was giving you a hard time for your comment.

SilverState's picture

Urban = happy. 

+13 HS
Gray Box's picture
+12 HS
KBonay's picture

This. Is. Awesome.

+3 HS
Buck Commander's picture

The Nation has been SHOCK AND AWED......BOOOOOOOOOM BABY!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

Gray Box's picture

The NFL even weighed in:

+5 HS
blocko330's picture

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+7 HS
JLBNYC's picture

Upvote for, quite possibly, the best Eastbound and Down episode ever!

+1 HS
blocko330's picture
Sorry I waited a couple hours to post these.

“Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

- TruthTeller

+6 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I don't know about Twitter but if you want to hate Notre Dame and their fans, please go check out Irish Envy. Supposedly Hilliard and Cornell are both scumbags. But if you check like a week before, they were "the kids that you want on your team, hard working, talented and well spoken" and they "could represent the ND culture well."

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2015-recruiting-profiles/130036-15-oh-lb...

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2015-recruiting-profiles/69032-15-mn-de-...

Hilliard is a bad kid? Rubs people the wrong way? Hmmmm maybe it's just my scarlet colored goggles but we aren't this douchey, right? I mean we have our moments and a bad apple here or there, but we aren't as bad as MGo or IrishEnvy.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

I couldnt find the posts you were referring too but I admit I didnt go through all 30 something pages. The scum scout site was typical "we told Jashon not to even bother visiting because we didnt have room,Hilliard we quit recruiting a long time ago and we told him we had no room when Kirkland committed. The amount of asshurt makes the commitments of these 2 great young men even a bigger get.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+9 HS
WOLFofOHIO's picture

"Braxton miller had a little Asian kid take his classes for him. It's a cakewalk there." WOW thats some serious butthurt..DAMN!!

there is no greater joy than watching Michigan get slammed. in anything

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I am so glad that we hired Weis instead of Meyer.

I love Irishenvy. XD

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

We still have room for you Clark 

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Now it is time for the Dance of Joy!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Worst comment I saw on this forum: 

"All hope I had pretty much went out the window the instant I heard Cornell and Hilliard were committing at the same time on the same day. For Cornell, you can have him. There are better prospects on the board and better prospects already on campus. For Hilliard, this just blows. It's disappointing that he bought into Urb's bullshit and made the easy decision, but oh well. This pretty much makes Bilal a must along with either Coney or Masina. So far today is turning out to be a really shitty day, at least in terms of ND."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He bought into Urb's bullshit? What, is the heavy possibility of national titles, all-american status, and being a first round draft pick qualified as Urb's bullshit

+6 HS
Hovenaut's picture

I almost feel like going to church on Sunday just to laugh at the ND fans I know.

Sorry, Grandma...maybe I'll go to confession too *fingers crossed*

+5 HS
KBonay's picture
+6 HS
Gray Box's picture
+8 HS
toad1204's picture

Matthew Burr€ll Jr!! (@__Triumphant)
7/2/14, 11:23 PM
Me jashon ( @Jay_Rock16 ) Justin and @Damien_D1Harris gonna take the 
O-H-I-O picture on the 7th just cause lol

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+1 HS
s.pasadena fl's picture

I believe Burrell  Harris are both coming. Meyer is amazing!

Ed Hopper

+1 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

Who doesn't have room for the #1 recruit out of Ohio? Apparently ND because they are so good....

Buckabroad's picture

Agreed. I don't like to insult fans from other teams, but saying there is no room for a player of Hilliard's skill and character is beyond stupid.

"The minute we stop expecting greatness, we become Wisconsin."

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

More this am

+1 HS
KingsRite's picture

Sounds like OSU needs to curb stomp ND again so they will shut up.

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-