Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

10:00 AM in Urban we TRUST!

jonping67's picture
July 1, 2014 at 9:48pm
48 Comments

I have been following tOSU recruiting for 25 years (yes, even back when you had to gathering information via newspapers and magazines) and Hilliard's announcement tomorrow ranks right up there with Spielman in 1983 and Pryor in 2008. Justin's ability to attract 4* and 5* recruits will pay dividend for the class of 2015.

I feel confident Urban and Co. has sealed the deal, but I can't help from being nervous. I feel like a 9 year old again on Christmas Eve just hoping I get the gift I hoped and prayed for.

How you feeling BuckeyeNation?  ******GO BUCKS!******

Hoody Wayes's picture

Still waiting for Meyer to deliver an NC.

-10 HS
funtubs's picture

He's had one eligible year

+10 HS
Hoody Wayes's picture

On the doorstep last year and Meyer lost to...Dantonio.

-10 HS
Woodshed's picture

So you follow up a bad post with a worse one?

How does that make any sense?

+8 HS
irishfury's picture

You mean he took the worst Ohio State team I've witnessed in my adult hood to 12-0?  Man you must be a peach to hang with.

Dude you HOOKED UP with Jessica Alba!!!! You:She wasn't the queen of a country.

Dude you got 100 Million Dollars.  You:not a billion.

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Prior in 2008.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
osu407's picture

I definitely agree with the Christmas analogy.  The future will be very bright if we land those two young men.

+1 HS
Gametime's picture

I was literally just thinking this thread - like, does anyone else feel that anxiety for tomorrow!?

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

*Pryor- This definitely could be one of the bigger recruiting days in our History.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

I'm so excited for tomorrow, better than Christmas 

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Just to confirm it will be televised on ESPNU correct?

funtubs's picture

I thought it was ESPN.com

Seattle Linga's picture

I will be glued to both then

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

This is what confuses me as I have never seen a live video feed on espn.com.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

blocko330's picture

If you go on Buckeye Nation they already have the video where it will be streamed with a live countdown.

http://espn.go.com/blog/colleges/osu/

Jordan Wagner's picture

As far as I know, it will be streamed live on ESPN.com. I'll post and tweet a link if/when I get it. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Awesome - Thanks Jordan - do you think you will know about 30 minutes or so prior to his announcement?

Jordan Wagner's picture

I'd imagine we'll have a link to the live feed by 9:30-9:45. While it's scheduled for 10, these things rarely start on time. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Five-star prospects Justin Hilliard and Jashon Cornell will announce their commitments live on ESPN.com Wednesday at 10 a.m. ET.

The two recruits will announce separately from their respective schools, but will make their decisions back to back so let’s get you up to speed on where each one is at in the process.

This quote is taken directly from Espn's web site - As always thanks Jordan - I will be glued and covered all around.

+2 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Has Ohio State ever landed two five-star prospects on the same day? 247 has them both as five-stars, although Cornell is two spots from five-star status in composite rankings. 

Should be a big day for the Buckeyes tomorrow. Big month of July for Ohio State, as I talked about in my article

bethesdabuck's picture

"2015 Class is on lock. Believe that." - Raekwon

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

Makes a nice 7am wake up call. Let's just pray Meg doesn't steal the mic

+7 HS
Crimson's picture

Let's hope she does.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

It may be time for a shower brew

+3 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+3 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

Here is a link to a Cornell article from a local Twin Cities newspaper. I was hoping that it might be broadcast locally, but no.

+1 HS
woodi19's picture

Who is this DeAngelo Funches that says he and Jashon will be announcing tomorrow? Responding to some pro ND stuff. Can't find much about him? Lists the same top 5 as Jashon

woodi19's picture

Who is this DeAngelo Funches that says he and Jashon will be announcing tomorrow? Responding to some pro ND stuff. Can't find much about him? Lists the same top 5 as Jashon

Jordan Wagner's picture

He's just joking. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Slow down there Woodi

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

*Steve Erwin voice* Look everyone! A rare triple post in it's natural environment

+7 HS
PG_BUCK's picture

'Twas the night before recruitmas, and all through the site, not an 11Warriors poster was posting...not even a troll! The 5 stars were nestled are snug in there beds, a big decision soon loomed on their heads, when out on the shoe there arose such a clatter, I sprung from my bed to see what was the matter. When what to my wondering eyes did appear, but Urban Meyer, Sammy Silverman and Mark Pantoni...oh dear! I knew in a moment this must be legit! In Urban we trust....to Mich@an we give zero shits! 

Here is to tomorrow being as good to OSU recruiting as Christmas!

Go BUCKS!

+10 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here are a couple IPA's for you PG

+4 HS
PG_BUCK's picture

Thank you

Go BUCKS!

+1 HS
Jabba1977's picture

I am always nervous when it comes to recruiting!! At the same time,I feel very confident about Hilliard!!

SECHATER77

+1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

Never mind. Forgive my wavering faith.

EDUGOON's picture

Big Day on Deck!!! 

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

Silver Bullet 10's picture

I used to follow recruiting really closely, but I don't even really care now. I mean, if they are Buckeyes, I will be very excited. Otherwise, we'll find other Buckeyes. That's kinda how I feel. But I would be pumped if they both choose Ohio State. I will be surprised if they dont

s.pasadena fl's picture

A lot of people down here in Florida excited too.

Ed Hopper

+2 HS
oregonianbuckeye's picture

The over/under on 'taking my talents to...' is set at 1.5 for today. 

+1 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture

Yet another curse that Lebron James has put on the Ohio area fans of really any sport.

I don't always downvote, but I do always downvote a Michigan fan trolling the Buckeye boards.

DenBuck's picture

Baker and Harris next please!!

Buckeye For Life

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Until I see grey boxes, i'm going to be pessimistic. DX

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS