Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Danny Clark: The Future

ab1993's picture
June 30, 2014 at 5:16pm
37 Comments

So excited for this kid. Love him. I don't think there's a prospect I've ever been more excited for, both for their on the field contributions and recruiting/leadership abilities.

almurray10's picture

Awesome. Always great to have a kid that truly wants to be a buckeye, wants others to join him, and respects what it's all about. His insane talent is just the cherry on top.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Some of his throws are remarkable. Goose Bumps Remarkable

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Damn seeing this really makes my day and makes it feel special to be an Ohio boy.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
s.pasadena fl's picture

This kid is worth the price of admission.  Will be Road Tripping from our summer home in Vermilion Ohio to Massillon  just to watch this kid play. Unbelievable talent!

Ed Hopper

+4 HS
ab1993's picture

In addition to being a great young man, he most likely will be a 5 star QB, or at least a top 100 prospect. Can't wait

Class of '16

FitzBuck's picture

You're correct however recruiting services have a habit of rating kids that are committed lower than non committed prospects.  They could rate him as a 2 star and none of us would care.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Man.

Going into my sophomore year I was dreading Algebra II, rocking the learner's permit and hoping to dress varsity.

Miles (and years) away from Danny Clark...he's on his way.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

If he's not the #1 qb in 2017 its a travesty

O'Deez330
stark county football

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

I think "travesty" is a strong word. But you know he isn't going to get the respect that he would had he committed to an SEC school. But it doesn't matter. Because how many stars he got in high school has no bearing whatsoever on his play in college. He's going to be a beast. I LOVE his pro-Ohio attitude!

+1 HS
Habu71's picture

Each time I see or read a reference to Clark I'm reminded of his Dad driving the family past the Shoe on 315. Telling his son that some day he'd play there and and be great. Props to Dad Clark! 

BierStube's picture

Would love to see Hilliards reply to Danny's tweet .... assuming I am reading that right for an old fart!

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

I love seeing Ohio kids commit to tOSU when it was their dream school growing up. 

Only school I applied to was Ohio State and the day I got accepted was the best day of my life. Seems like it was just yesterday... It's going to be tough graduating from here next May :(

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Congrats Newby on your accomplishment to be - is that you in the photo?

OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

Thanks Seattle I appreciate it! Haha but yes, that was before the Nebraska game back in 2012. As conveyed in the photo, I had a few too many that game...

If you ever come to Columbus for a game, you are more than welcome to come tailgate 

Seattle Linga's picture

Count me in 27 - and I'll hold you to it. I've promised a bunch of brethren on here the time of their lives if the Buckeyes ever play U-DUB again. I am going to have to start saving money now.

sharks's picture

Should have went with the whole 'Ohio State is dope, bro'.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+2 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Clark reminds me a lot of Josh Rosen, top QB in this class IMO. So good to know we already have somebody like Danny that will do his best to pull 2017 together early.

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Love How Eddie is running away from Notre Dame in Pic. Above.....maybe this is a subliminal message ...lol

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+6 HS
joeygood's picture

Wow! My new favorite buckeye!

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

Kid is a leader.  Even trying to lead kids in the classes above him.  That is just solid. 

+4 HS
BTBuckeye's picture

Werd. Great post. I might have to drive down to watch this kid play this fall.

buckeyedexter's picture

I love how much he loves the buckeyes!

+1 HS
buckeyedude's picture

If Danny keeps this shit up, I think his high school games might start to sell out due to all of the Buckeye fans want to watch him play. What league does his H.S. play in? What division?

sharks's picture

Massillon, home of Spielman and Earle Bruce, is D2 and unaffiliated conference-wise.  I think many of their games sellout anyways- with that being the cradle of football and all.  

The annual McKinley matchup is the high school version of The Game.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

Buck Wild's picture

And a guy named Paul Brown coached there a while back & won 4 national HS championships...the greatest coach of them all...

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

Rjpfish2's picture

That storybook graphic is so badass! tOSU is most def on the cutting edge in that department.

Tater_Schroeder's picture

This kid will be a great football player and leader in the locker room. It will be great having a native Buckeye teach all future transplant Buckeyes what the life is like!

How Firm Thy Friendship

Gray Box's picture

The Present and the Future:

+9 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks Gray for working Overtime tonight. 

When was this pic taken??

Gray Box's picture

That picture was taken last year right after the Wisconsin game.

Check out Danny's little brother:

+5 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Hopefully Danny and Caden can put Peyton and Eli's college careers to shame.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
MichaelJ721984's picture

Danny and his family are just A+ people. Any of you that come to Massillon this year to watch him play will be thoroughly impressed with his poise and toughness. You'll also have a fellow 11W member to tailgate with if you do indeed come. We party big time before games. 

Seattle Linga's picture

High School games can be so much fun and the atmosphere can be really electric - I'll be honest with you - I have never tailgated at a high school game. 

Is that a thing and am I missing something?

+1 HS
MichaelJ721984's picture

From my experiences when Massillon plays in big games, there's always a great turn out for tailgate parties from both schools. Always a good time as long as the bozos from either side don't take it too far. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Ok cool hopefully the bozos will keep it real - nothing is worse then drunken idiots who act like big tough guys when they are all juiced up.

+3 HS
MichaelJ721984's picture

Ok cool hopefully the bozos will keep it real - nothing is worse then drunken idiots who act like big tough guys when they are all juiced up. Michigan fans

Had to fix that for ya bro lol

+2 HS
sidz-z's picture

You gotta love it !  Kid isn't gonna be here for another 2 years and is already helping to recruit the best players in OHIO !  Danny Clark bleeds scarlet and gray !!!

Good player's make the play's they're suppose to, great player's make the play's they're NOT !!!

+2 HS