Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ohio State's 2015 class

305Buck's picture
June 29, 2014 at 7:20pm
34 Comments

With Larry Scott, Justin Hilliard, Jashon Cornell, Van Jefferson, and Jerome Baker all expected to announce this month, this class could jump from 25th place, to 4th place, pushing Penn State back to 5th place.

Some are also speculating that Harris could possibly pull the trigger this month, which would jump Ohio State to the 3rd best class, pushing Clemson back to 4th.

This only applies if none of the other top 10 teams get commitments this month, which is unlikely, but it was just something I decided to look at.

If it happened like this, that would put Ohio State 2.49 points behind A&M for the 2nd best class, but A&M would have 2 more commits than Ohio State. And it would put Ohio State 39.67 points behind Bama for the top class, but Bama would have 3 more commits than Ohio State. In other words, if Ohio State had as many commits as them, we would have the top class easily.

Oldschoolbuck's picture

The D-line, and Silver Bullets as a whole, are planning on a little "ultra-violence" this season! (Thanks for the great gif - I still think "Clockwork Orange" is Stanley Kubrick's best movie by far).

+4 HS
11UrbzAndSpices's picture

Working an "A Clockwork Orange" gif in to a recruitment thread? 1 hypothetical vote for you, sir

Does anyone know if BucksFan changed his icon?

+3 HS
stanton6's picture

This will be a big week for us! I think that these recruits also know that our class will be small, and they better get on the Elite 15 train before it pulls out.  I think we will only have a couple of spots left after this month, and I imagine those spots will be saved for the final stretch.

QuadrupleZ

305Buck's picture

Right now there's 16 spots for this class, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 20-22 players in this class.

GoCAVSnBUCKS2's picture

I think they're all Buckeyes except Jefferson, regardless this class will be great!

+3 HS
305Buck's picture

Jefferson is planning on visiting on the 16th of July and will commit to his school of choice on the 26th. Word is he wants the Buckeyes, while his dad prefers Tennessee or Georgia. Hopefully the kid gets what he wants.

flying-banana's picture

Why do you think dads aren't liking the Buckeyes? If I remember correctly Hilliard's father isn't hung ho for the Bucks either. I say we open a cigar/whiskey/stripper/all things man father's club in the WHAC, we'd have the top class every year!

sharks's picture

Ok, you said two dads and then 'hung ho'.  That is all.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+5 HS
305Buck's picture

His dad thinks he will develop better as a WR at Tennessee or Georgia than he will at Ohio State because the last two seasons, our WRs have been what some call "glorified blockers."

+3 HS
flying-banana's picture

I was actually joking but I'm not sure it was clear enough., thanks for the solid answer none the less.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

UT and UGA are both way closer to where Jefferson lives than OSU, IIRC.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Do we have an exact timetable for Larry Scott?

305Buck's picture

Early July is all I heard. He wants his mom to see MSU and Ohio State since she hasn't seen either yet.

+1 HS
MikeEagleBuckeye's picture

Thanks, 305.  You've really been killing it by the way.  Keep up the great work!

+1 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Would we overtake number 2 if Boykin shocks the world and commits too? Honest to God, I haven't been this giddy since my mom would take me to McDonalds to get a happy meal.

305Buck's picture

Would love for that to happen, but Boykin doesn't have Ohio State in his final group of schools.

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Boykin will be ND... it looks like Jefferson is trending Vols mostly because of his parents but in his heart he still loves OSU so who knows what happens with him and per Larry Scott himself via his twiiter feed he will decide in July and most speculate sooner than later.

Buck Wild's picture

July is known for BOOM...BOOM...BOOM!!!

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

JohnnyKozmo's picture

I think Urbans message was received across the nation-S*** or get off the pot.

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+7 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

If Jefferson picks UT, and TG picks them. He will never see the ball imo

plius we will not be the no1 class because most likely the sec schools will sign over the limit------cause they can 

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Yeah that's the only way, but if Ohio State lands Prince, Burrell, Baker, Harris, Scott, Hilliard, Cornell, Kirk, Clark, Jefferson/Peete, Sweat, and McFadden/Roundtree to end this class, it will be top 2 imo.

I know some may ask "Clark?" But I don't see the kid sticking with Michigan. They will have another down year, Hoke will get canned, and that will give the kid the perfect opportunity to join his "bros," Hilliard, Baker, Cornell, and Burrell at Ohio State.

Buckeye Knight's picture

If we do land many of those you listed, I too think Clark will be tempted to flip.

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Boy The writing will be on the wall if things go our way this week. Clark flipping would be huge and I know we would have space for him

703Buckeye's picture

That's going to be one big pill Mr. Clark will have to swallow if he flips to the good guys. I'd welcome into this class with open arms but his tweeting habit is getting old real quick as it stands.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

jaxbuckeye's picture

After all the crap he's been talking there is zero chance of a Clark flip. Put yourself in his shoes.  Would you?

305Buck's picture

What crap has he been talking? Saying he's going to help Michigan turn the rivalry around? Or agreeing with Malzone when Malzone said "this wont be the last time I leave Columbus happy?" Or "why not Michigan bro?" That's hardly talking crap. You all would be praising the kid if he said those things for Ohio State. Instead you act as if he's saying Ohio State sucks. Please get over yourself, the kid is 16 or 17 years old and he's the #1 TE in this class. I doubt Urban will turn him down if he wants in. Good thing you don't call these kind of shots.

+1 HS
USMC11917's picture

Listen, kids say stupid stuff all of the time. I get that. It will be hard for me to let his comments about Columbus go. Obviously if he comes here, loves it and scores a few touchdowns against TTUN, I can be convinced to soften my stance.

sivaDavis's picture

Can anyone link a forum topic to one of the bigger threads started when our team had 2 commitments a year away from signing day? I would LOVE to read some of those comments.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

As I recall, they went something like this...

+3 HS
sivaDavis's picture

BassDropper needs a minute with this gif.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS