Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Jashon Cornell tweet

jaxbuckeye's picture
June 23, 2014 at 5:35pm
48 Comments

Sorry to add to all the topics but need help interpreting a tweet from Jashon to Justin Hilliard. I have no idea what this means:

@Jay_Rock16: @JHilliard47 ND nation or nah

What does that mean?  Doesn't look good to me. 

WesPatterson23's picture

Just playing around. Trying to not get us to think they're an OSU lock.

+2 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

Good enough reason to not follow.  

+1 HS
e135800's picture

I think it means he will have the fish and not the chicken for dinner.

+4 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I had the lasagna

+4 HS
teddyballgame's picture

That does sound cryptic.  We better forward this to the intelligence analysts over at Quantico.

+7 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

He should have hit him with the Figthing Irish

+5 HS
Hayze's picture

Apparently he's not even a take for ND anymore (or that's what their fans claim)

Danify's picture

At the same time he put this twitter message up for fun.

+2 HS
razrback16's picture

I think Ramzy's working with those kids to see how many people he can get to break the twitter rules. ;) Gotta be hard for twitter folks to not chant OSU in response to that one.

+6 HS
Buckeye Rocket Sci's picture

Sounds just like the Glenville boys last year. Chances are they already know where they are going, maybe got a little bored, and so are enjoying themselves while they still have the chance. Let kids be kids before they make one of the largest decision of their lives.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence" - Calvin Coolidge

+2 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Cornell's all Buckeye.. There's just no way he goes anywhere else (cancelling visits and what not and saying his GF knows where he'll choose) so don't worry about this tweet. He is just enjoying his recruitment

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

We'll if his Girlfriend knows! I saw her wearing an OSU T-Shirt on his Instagram!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+2 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Oh Jesus and Baby Jesus these guys are makin me very very nervous!!!!!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+3 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Sol Rosenberg?! Yeah - that's an upvote!

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

Buck Commander's picture

Sol Rosenberg and Frank Rizzo with special guest Jack Tors

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+1 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Do you have tennis ball machines? Ooooh & back sacks?

"Do not pass me, just slow down - I can move right through you" Superchunk - Precision Auto.

Buck Commander's picture

What's up with that delivery boy?????

Fava beans.

Frank Rizzo open your fuckin ears jackass!

funtubs's picture

Am I the only one that thinks that Hilliard and Cornell might just trolling OSU fans and may commit to Notre Dame instead?

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

Yes. You are the only one.

+23 HS
funtubs's picture

That actually makes me feel better

+3 HS
sox33osu's picture

Or, perhaps has Ohio State been trolling Hilliard and Cornell all along...?

+11 HS
Sabaneatspuppies's picture

"My idea of a good hit is when the guy wakes up on the sidelines with train whistles blowing in his head"

+14 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS
buckeyestu's picture

I think that may be possible, choosing to commit someplace else.

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

There's a slight possibility!! I doubt it, I believe he's all OSU!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

Knarcisi's picture

Hilliard farted and Cornell smelled it. Oh my gosh, what does that mean?

chicagobuckeye's picture

Well...whoever smelt it dealt it. 

+2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Hilliard smelled his own?  You mean they're not going to play together?  Hilliard's brother can pick up the scent. He's going to Iowa. And Cornell to the Domers. Let's speculate and freak out !!!!!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

We are all kids at heart

+6 HS
Belliott's picture

I hear everyone they're recruiting for '15 are all going to Kentucky

+7 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Glenville kids last year…as a reminder

HotSauceCommittee's picture

I don't think you overly troll your in-state school. For example, Zeke Elliott considered Mizzou, but didn't troll them. Being coy is having fun, trolling is something you don't do unless your one of those Ohio kids that choses Scum over OSU.

+2 HS
MikeNugents BigToe's picture

These threads are starting to get out of hand... Hilliard already has an announcement date set. We will all find out then, like everyone else. Please stop reading into the kid's twitter account like you're going to magically jump into his mind and figure out what his decision might be. 

"Remember that 55 yarder against Marshall?" -Not Mike Nugent

+2 HS
MikeNugents BigToe's picture

Also "Or nah?" is an internet sensation from this vine (short video app), of a sarcastic remark. So if you're "hip" you understand they are in fact trolling Notre Dame fans. 

"Remember that 55 yarder against Marshall?" -Not Mike Nugent

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

not quite. "or nah" isn't necessarily a troll...when people say "or nah" they are literally asking if they should do something....or not. 

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/a5c/d12/264/resized/dons-meme-generator-white-people-that-think-they-got-swag-smh-1f2e09.jpg?1329163111.jpg

oh and btw, that didn't start the "or nah" trend...that has been around at least since I was in high school (graduated in 08)

DIRECTIONER

-4 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Or the fact that Wiz released a song called "Or Nah"

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

If you don't want to read about it, don't come into the thread.

Otherwise, please don't tell people what to do. It's not nice and they won't like it.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

Some idiot fan is going to tweet something asinine at these kids.  Let it be a domer, for chrissakes. 

Would like to see everyone unfollow these recruits on Twitter.  No one is scooping the pros-whether here, Bucknuts, or the Cleveland/Cbus papers.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
sharks's picture

If you downvote me instead of tweeting at these kids, that'll be fine. 

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+10 HS
brandonbauer87's picture

I couldn't agree more. They're not going to give away their choice this close to an announcement. Even if someone scoops a decision, all that does is ruin the moment a kid has looked forward to for years. 

+2 HS
MoBucks's picture

These kids nowadays are way smarter than we give them credit for when you're talking "twitter game."

kmoe

+2 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

Jashon is just playing the Twitter game like so many kids do. Similar to when he told everyone to follow his girlfriend since she knows where he's going to school. I follow recruits in case I can see a commitment announcement, but I hit the "unfollow" after that one haha. Pure trolling, much like Tevon Coney saying he and Justin Hilliard will be playing together. The kids know they're messing with thousands of fans when they make comments.

I think he's a "take" for ND, but the staff isn't actively pursuing him like they were in the beginning. His position outlook has changed a bit, so he fits more at DT. With three DT commits in the past couple of weeks, he's not something they need to press for. If he starts to look like a dominant rush DE again and has a good season, ND might try to get back in on him.

-2 HS
Knarcisi's picture

The dreaded "we didn't want him anyway" position.

Buckeye !

+2 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

Just relaying what I've read! I personally would love to have him either way, and am bummed that this is how it's playing out.

So no, don't count me among the "didn't want him anyway" crowd.

Knarcisi's picture

I know, but it's obligatory to give you shit on here!

FitzBuck's picture

Everyone write this down.  It's a lock they will both go to OSU.....or another university in North America.  

I hope this helps.

Fitzbuck | Toledo - Ohio's right armpit | "A troll by any other name is still a troll".

+1 HS
703Buckeye's picture

and I had my chips on Antarctica... f***!

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter