Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Just to make people nervous

TresselourgodUrbanoursavior's picture
June 23, 2014 at 3:12pm
29 Comments

ILB Class of 2015 Tevon Coney, who was just at Notre Dame with Hilliard, tweeted this

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Well, apparently he does have an Ohio State offer.

+1 HS
BierStube's picture

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+8 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

He's probably going to Florida so that's pretty doubtful

+1 HS
AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

We shall see July 2nd then

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

He meant that they were playing NCAA 2014 together.

buckeyebobcat

+15 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Nothing to worry about until July 2nd. Let's see what happens. Losing Hilliard would suck, no doubt. He could be a boost to this class and help to seal the deal with some elite talent. However, Hilliard going somewhere else (as long as it's not *ichigan) will not cripple OSU.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+2 HS
BlueBayou's picture

However, Hilliard going somewhere else (as long as it's not *ichigan) will not cripple OSU.

Fixed that for you since I'm pretty positive he has already eliminated Michigan even though he hasn't said it yet.

+2 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Guys just having some fun. 

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

This. Sounds like more of a hope than a fact

fwiw there's someone on a premium site that had a good history and says he knows Justin's grandad and get he has chided OSU and he's known for a while. They promised to go to Irish invasion which is why that happened. Take with a grain of salt! 

Hayze's picture

Also claims that Hilliard's father isn't all ND like people claim and that he actually has an excellent relationship with Urban and loves him.

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Urbz is getting Tevon, nice!

+14 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Hilliard to ND would be the same as Hand to Alabama

-3 HS
Hayze's picture

Not really. Hand spurned Michigan because Alabama was a better football program.

in fact Hilliard to OSU would be more like Hand to Alabama.

+7 HS
sharks's picture

Nah, he went south because Michigan wouldn't allow him to try the engineering program. I swear, douchiest and most pretentious school ever.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Well Zach Smith in a great recruiter! Is Coney coming to Friday Night Lights? Also you might want to read the list of players invited to "The Opening" even though it's not "College" he could just be messing with you all. I don't follow any recruits on Twitter but it is funny watching you all react to these guys :) 

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Everyone seems to think Coney is going to Florida. Hilliard is not considering Florida. 

m5987usus's picture

I just spoke with Justin half an hour ago, he told me he is just having some fun.  Do not take the twitter stuff serious, he just likes to mess around, and I told him if people are gonna react like that, then why not? haha.

O-H!

+3 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

Sorry if everyone else knows: who are you? Are you are recruiting analyst or reporter from another site?

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Hey Yes, I am a recruiting analyst for Men of the Scarlet and Gray.  I have also been a member for years on here so that is why I love sharing info on here.

O-H!

+7 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Gimme more!!  Haha jk but thanks for the "inside info"

Hayze's picture

Good info. He certainly sounds like a Buckeye.

We'll all know for sure in a little over a week.

Funny thing is, ND fans swear that no matter what happens on July 2nd, this one's not over until signing day (unless he choses ND of course!)

otrain2416's picture

It must be true if it's on the internet

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Doesn't make me nervous at all. I would love to have him, but it's not that serious to me.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

irishfury's picture

This is how I feel.  We have Urban Meyer as a coach.  We will always have good recruits at OSU.  I would love to have him and happy dance when he joins but if we don't land a recruit I say shucks on to the next one.

jamesrbrown322's picture

It's all good...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes