Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Nate Craig Possible FNL Visit

305Buck's picture
June 23, 2014 at 2:07pm
15 Comments
305Buck's picture

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1804362/highlights/105817396

A few notes on this kid, 1. he loves Coach Meyer and grew up an Ohio State fan, 2. He says he's leaving Florida for college, 3. He's close with Johnnie Dixon, and 4. He may be on commit watch when he visits this summer, or he might decide to wait until the Army game or UA game, whichever one he participates in, to announce.

+5 HS
buckeyeguy0615's picture

Juniors participate in those? 

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

All good things.

I season my simple food with hunger

whiskeyjuice's picture

"Championships are not won on Saturdays in November. Championships are won on Tuesdays in August." -- Kerry Combs

jamesrbrown322's picture

If he commits to OSU, he'll drop to a 3-star...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

-1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Impressive highlights...looks like a man among boys out there.

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

Yep, when I was talking with him, he told me he has a great relationship with Coach Drayton.  He considers Drayton more of a mentor than a recruiter. This is a HUGE reason why he loves Ohio State. He does not have a "set" date to commit, he told me just when it feels right and where he finds the best fit.  Awesome talent.

O-H!

+5 HS
Katzfan's picture

The problem is, Coach Drayton may not be here in 2 years.... he flirted with HCing jobs last year... if that happens, then what?

Hayze's picture

While Drayton is important here, I've ears people who are close to him describe his relationship with Urban as more of an obsession. He loves him that much. We'll be extremely hard to best here.

m5987usus's picture

I just asked him if Drayton accepted a head coaching job elsewhere would it be a big factor between him and OSU and he said, "It would, but I'd still have OSU on top," Very Good thing, in my opinion.

O-H!

+3 HS
pcuzz1's picture

Didn't he name us his leader?

pat cozzens

m5987usus's picture

Yes and he recently just told me that they are STILL the favorite.

O-H!

+3 HS
Gray Box's picture
+1 HS
lljjgg's picture

Maybe my favorite part, aside from being insanely talented: 6'3".

OSU could REALLY use a few WRs with the talented + tall quotient. They already have the talented + playmaker quotient. I get that height is often overrated, but it's nice to have some different challenges (in terms of types/styles of WRs) to throw at a defense. I thought this was especially the case against MSU last year. 2016 would be a good class to get a player like him in, assuming Michael Thomas and Jeff Green are the talented players I think they are. Evan Spencer has been very good, as well, but I believe he's a Senior this year. I have high hopes for Noah Brown as well.