Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Justin Hilliard twitter followers

Hayze's picture
June 23, 2014 at 2:42am
72 Comments

Came across a post of the ND 247 board talking about this and decided to go check it out for myself.

He recently started following an absolute ton of current and future OSU students. Can't be a bad thing right!

Blackhawkbul94's picture

He's following 11w, confirmed Buckeye imo 

+7 HS
1MechEng's picture

Has he been talking cues from Meechy77?!

+4 HS
Blackhawkbul94's picture

Someone be on the lookout for a new 11w account! 

+4 HS
OSUStu's picture

Upvote avalanche round 2.

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

Seattle Linga's picture

Sounds like one day in the future we could be hearing some very comical stories about this - CAN'T WAIT - Maybe in B.K.A.B

chemicalwaste's picture

Probably a good call talking cues from the big man.

FROMTHE18's picture

Really looking far too much into Twitter. He's visited OSU many times and just had yet another trip to Columbus. Im sure he makes several friends on visits. Not that this isn't necessarily a good sign toward him landing at OSU, but its by no means some sort of smoke signal IMO. 

+12 HS
YTOWNBUCKI's picture

Didn't you know twitter is real life and everything on it is absolute and true?

"If you root for Michigan, the terrorists win."

+9 HS
OSUpawn's picture

It is part of the internet. 

I believe the SEC players put their pants on one leg at a time like we do.

+9 HS
toad1204's picture

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+45 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

that is full of awesome!

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Aww man, I got bamboozled here. I tried to start the same thing and it went to the comments beforehand...damn it!

Unky Buck's picture

twitter is real life...

Or is it just fantasy?

+3 HS
Bluke221's picture

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+22 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+13 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture
+11 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+8 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

Football is complicated...

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+7 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

Football is complicated...

+11 HS
Bluke221's picture

"Statistics are like bikinis....they reveal a lot but not everything" -- Lou Pinella

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

+4 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Must confess that I still love this movie!

Or imagine being able to magically being whisked away to Delaware....Hi, I'm in Delaware.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

+1 HS
Grayskullsession's picture

"if irony were made of strawberries, we' d all be drinking a lot of smoothies right now."

+3 HS
Buckeye in Illini country's picture

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you pull off a Bohemian Rhapsody.

Columbus to Pasadena: 35 hours.  We're on a road trip through the desert looking for strippers and cocaine... and Rose Bowl wins!

+2 HS
allinosu's picture

Notre Dame fans claims he had 16 shamrocks when tweeting about them and only 14 block O's when tweeting about us.

+5 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

That was a Buckeye fan he was joking!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
Urban_Can_Recruit's picture

That was me and I was making fun of "those" fans ... 

+1 HS
Katzfan's picture

He's GOT to be a Buckeye... nice insight Hayze

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Don't read into the Twitter thing that much! There's a group of us called Buckeyes follow Buckeyes!! And while he was visiting we were Blowing up Twitter trying to show him Love!! He did seem like he was having a lot of fun!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

-3 HS
Katzfan's picture

I understand but as Birm always says, it not so much what they SAY, but what they DO. I've got my fingers crossed .

+1 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

If you like reading into stuff on Twitter just like me cause I can't resist! Burrell Had on his OSU T-Shirt while playing B-Ball with his friends yesterday!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

+3 HS
Katzfan's picture

UV for you Sir...

+1 HS
InTressITrust's picture

I read this as "He's Game of Thrones to be a Buckeye" and had to reread it.  Thanks George R. Martin!

"I'm not going to lie. We're anxious to be a part of a matchup like that. It's two states that love the game of football." -Jim Tressel

+2 HS
mobboss1984's picture

I just want these guys to commit already. I'm ready to watch Ohio State on top once again.

Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
Bruce Lee

UrbzRenewal's picture

Wasn't reading into this too much but checked it out. Most of these follows are of the incoming freshman class ('18), which if we're playing the Twitter analysis game is a pretty good thing.

scottyp_330's picture

I just want to see all the other big 10 teams faces after we haul in another monster class.

Grande Gustavo's picture

I just graduated OSU but I was a brother of SAE while I was there and last semester we recruited somewhere around 7 or 8 kids from St. X to join our chapter, who know both of the Hilliard brothers.  While I do think he comes to Ohio State, the fact that he is following a lot of OSU students on twitter may not be a relevant indication of that, because while we may not have been able  to pull many football players from the Cincinnati private schools in the past, OSU has always pulled a ton of frat boys from them.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

TheBadOwl's picture

He just had a weekend visit and met a ton of people, so he followed them on Twitter. Not saying that it doesn't mean anything, but it probably doesn't mean anything. I still think he's a Buckeye either way.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+5 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Most of the people he followed haven't even had orientation at Ohio State yet. 

TheBadOwl's picture

Ok, that kinda changes things.

Side note: That's hella impressive reporting if you know when their orientation dates are. That's like Twitter Pulitzer worthy.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+8 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Just had to click a few profiles to see tweets from his recent followers saying "omg i'm so excited for orientation in July"

TENacious.D's picture

Just spoke with "little" animal at Matt the Millers in Dublin. Hope some of these current LB's are as successful. Classy guy with a good head on his shoulders. His wife ain't bad looking either :)

ab1993's picture

Just so everyone knows he followed Iowa students, Alabama students, ND students and TSUN students as well......

+2 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

After we were on to him...

+9 HS
ab1993's picture
-1 HS
Hayze's picture

This.

As of last night it was pretty much all OSU people.

Could be nothing, but looks to me like he realized he made a mistake and now is trying to hide it

Urban Nation Army's picture

Just looked and I see a TON of Alabama girls. I expect good news when he announces, but don't read too much into any of this

Bet you can't say "Bert Bielma is a bumbling buffoon" five times fast.

TCOB_6's picture

Wait... Is that a TON of girls FROM Alabama, or a TON OF a girl from Alabama? I'm confused !?!?!?

+10 HS
OSU069's picture

I feel like washing my eyes out ...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Washing won't help - try gauging them out

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

This thread freaking delivers.

+4 HS
KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+8 HS
Jabba1977's picture

We will get him!!

SECHATER77

jamesrbrown322's picture

If the Buckeyes don't land Hillard, just shut down The Shoe and The WHAC, because there will be no point to it all, just like when they didn't get Hicks and DePreist...

+1 HS
buckny's picture

Justin Hilliard ‏ @ jhilliard47

I'll send a jacket (XL) for free to any Notre Dame, M*chigan or Florida fan who's interested