Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

3 Stars-4 Stars

ITWASME's picture
June 22, 2014 at 5:00pm
18 Comments

How many of our current 3 stars do you guys think jump up to 4 stars during the recruiting process? I have to say all except Schmidt just cuz he's out in South Dakota with minimal exposure. That's why I've been loving these guys because they all look ready to explode onto the scene!

Killer nuts's picture

Most. And a part of the reason why will simply be because they were offered and committed to Ohio State. Stars can be overrated in that sense

+3 HS
Northbrook's picture

I don't give a shit.

+5 HS
ITWASME's picture

I seriously only brought this up to bring the fact up that these kids WILL jump to people who have been less than impressed with these kids just because of the stars. I am not one of those people I actually have trust in the coaching staff lol

+4 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Doesn't matter our Defense will make other O's see stars!

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
2002osubuck's picture

They'll all rise from the exposure with the talent they have. A lot of the guys got hurt last year so that effected thier rankings also.

sharks's picture

I always thought these rating sites have set numbers of star classifications, so for a 3 to become a 4, a 4 must drop to a 3 somewhere else...

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

Well I'd say quite a few remember guys Urban Meyer said himself that recruiting rankings matter so while he's recruiting based on what he's seen with his own two eyes (I'd say he's a solid evaluator of talent) at the end of the day he does want the #1 ranked class.

Over the years it has been proven that rankings matter.

kareemabduljacobb's picture

Schmidt is a 4 star on ESPN

+3 HS
ITWASME's picture

Had no idea thanks for correcting me

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Thanks for bringing that to ESPiN's attention. Now he'll probably drop to a 2 star.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Someone just let the cat out of the bag! 

johnblairgobucks's picture

Obviously Pwte Carrol is a master motivator and heck of a coach, evident by the Recent Super Bowl.... his Southern Cal teams were loaded front to back with 5 stars, and it Yielded USC all of 1 National Title....

UrbanCulture's picture

I would love a national title!

otrain2416's picture

A decent amount. Urban and his staff do as good job of job as any evaluating talent. These are guys in the past I can think of off the top of my head that no one knew too much about before Urban offered them and then they blew up in the rankings: Mike Gesicki, Parris Campbell, Kyle Berger, Sam Hubbard, Terry McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Ezekiel Elliott, & Jamal Marcus. 

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

psh, OSU's signing 24 5 Stars come NSD 2015. Lock. I'd say a few, but ya never know and if none of them do, I really don't care. Urban and the staff are better evaluators than pretty much every 'expert'. I just hope no one gives a damn what ESPN rates our class or commits as they are a laughing stock and it'd be nice not to see 500 forum posts about it.

buckeyejma's picture

Stars don't make the man! Desire to compete and work your ass off to prove your the man, make the man!  To much social media can harm the man.

Step aside Nick, Urban is the real rock star!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Now that is one fine comment JMA