Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Justin Hilliard Decision Day Set

Jordan Wagner's picture
June 22, 2014 at 2:21pm
46 Comments

2015 five-star LB Justin Hilliard will decide July 2nd at his high school, per his twitter.

It's a Notre Dame - Ohio State battle for the Cincinnati native. Birm, John and I all have him crystal balled to the Buckeyes at the moment. 

kicks's picture
+7 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Hoke looks like he's not sure he should have just trusted that fart...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+30 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

You know I like that comment. 

+6 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Sure do B1G Dump!

toad1204's picture

Looks like Kelly is smelling it.

Nothing like dancing on the field in 02... 

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Ferentz definitely smells it, he ain't happy about it!

Kelly is catching a wiff and isn't sure if it's Ferentz or Hoke at this point...

Saban doesn't smell anything but knows Hoke shat himself is and having a good chuckle about it...

Coach Meyer is worried the wind will shift and suddenly he will be downwind from the toxic mess in Hokes drawers...

+2 HS
rosenbuck's picture

I know it's supposedly a ND-OSU battle but I don't like the fact that Saban is the only one smiling in his picture.

-2 HS
Hayze's picture

Gotta like our chances here.

Ahh Saturday's picture

Jordan, Will Hilliard be getting some in-home visits from coaches before his decision date?

Jordan Wagner's picture

That would be against the NCAA rules. There are only certain times you can have in-home visits. Hilliard has everything he needs to decide. 

Hayze's picture

And I believe he already knows.

In fact, I think he's known in his gut for a while, just wanted these last few visits to make 100% sure.

WesPatterson23's picture

So yes, Saban and Hoke will be making visits.

+9 HS
buckeyeboy31's picture

Saban can sneak around; ain't no ways tubbs is sneaking anything anywhere

+5 HS
The Rill Dill's picture

Maybe he'll arrange a bump at the local Krispie Creme.

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Hoke couldn't hide that body in a burlap sack

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Kid was impressed more with ND's academics but was also impressed with Ohio State's. I think the fact that he bonded with Ohio State players the best wins out in the end. Buckeye imo.

+7 HS
TraSmith4's picture

this better?... more manly??... yeah???

+8 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture

Well, I hope Urban gets me a Justin Hilliard commitment for my birthday.

+1 HS
BuckeyeinSavannah's picture

Hopefully it's a late gift for me...July 1st

teddyballgame's picture

Will it be streamed?

Jordan Wagner's picture

That's something we probably won't find out for another week or so. John might be there for 11W to cover the announcement. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Hopefully my 4th of July bash will start a little early this year!!!!

BTBuckeye's picture

Somewhere in Alabama the bag man slams the door to his trailer (sarcasm font)

+3 HS
MikeTheBuckeye's picture

After his weekend visits I was hoping for a decision sooner. This hot streak plays with my patience 

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Just read on ND 247 board, that two of their posters read on another ND site that coaches have been informed and Hilliard will be headed to Ohio State.

+16 HS
funtubs's picture

You are the man

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Now I can say that I read on an Ohio State site that somebody read on an ND site that somebody read on another ND site that Hilliard is committing to Ohio State.

Woah

+17 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
DrSpaceman's picture

"Medicine is not a science" - Leo Spaceman

+3 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

I love you 305Buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Come on feel the noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Good ol Dee Snyder and the crew

KingsRite's picture

Wrong band. That is Quiet Riot. ;)

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
KingsRite's picture

Cum on Feel the Noize. ;)

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

On a sidenote, I don't like that whichever ND writer is was leaked Hilliard's decision. I hope it doesn't go viral on twitter tonight because the kid deserves his moment. It's also a classy move for him to inform each coach of his decision the night before he announces it.

+5 HS
Hayze's picture

Agreed here.

Obviously I'm glad to get the news and if it was a silent commit like two months ago I could see it but it's the night before his announcement. 12 hours.

Justin has approached his whole recruitment with class. We're lucky to be getting him.

UrbanCulture's picture

well yeah 305 buck, but u spread his decision. 

Thanks for the info!

ab1993's picture

Not to be pessimistic, but did a writer actually leak it? Or are they just rumors?

305Buck's picture

It was a ND writer for a site, not sure which site as the posters didn't give the name.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Sour grapes on their part whoever it was. I havent seen what you are talking about linked but I mentioned last night that we would know his exact destination tonight because of this sort of situation. Hilliard is one kid that has so much talent there is no way to say he was overrated or he didnt want to compete or he was scared of our depth chart. ND and their whole fanbase wanted this kid bad and even though he is from Ohio he also attended a private catholic Cincinnati school so I will consider this a steal for Meyer and staff. If we can do this on a consistent basis we will be in great shape in Ohio going forward. The best football players down here in the Cincy area play in the Greater Catholic League and are recruited by these schools. They mostly also dream of playing at Notre Dame also,not sure on a percentage but if you polled the kids and their parents ND would be a 'it" in a walk off.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
Buck Wild's picture

Not anymore...there's a new pontiff named Urban...

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying."
Woody Hayes 1913 - 1987