Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Recruiting around the BIG 10

otrain2416's picture
June 21, 2014 at 7:40pm
22 Comments

I love OSU recruiting, but I also enjoy following BIG 10 recruiting as well. I made this thread to share info on who's committing where to our conference competitors. Obviously, a lot of people on here only care about OSU, but for those who wanna see what kind of talent we'll be playing against the next few years this should be a good continuous thread I'll update. As always Go Bucks!

otrain2416's picture

Iowa: Adrian Falconer- WR-FL- 6'1 190- yes you read that right Iowa's first commitment from the sunshine state since Mr. Ferentz said the state was no longer a priority.     Hudl

Penn State: Manny Bowen- S/OLB/WR- NJ- 6'2 210- over offers from Bama, Florida, Clemson, Iowa, Sparty, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Nebraska and Wisconsin. Kid looks like a hell of a player on tape and underrated (only a 3*) should be a good get for the Nittany Lions  Hudl

+2 HS
HilltopHustle's picture

Bowen's offer list is pretty damn good.

Seattle Linga's picture

It's going to be awhile until PSU replaces Freak-of-Nature Robinson.

Gray Box's picture
+4 HS
TraSmith4's picture

I don't think there is any doubt that Franklin has already become the 3rd coach at "Northern Cold Weather" schools who is just relentless at recruiting the entire country and will have top 15 recruiting classes just about every single year. (Can't say top 10 because of scholly reductions) The other 2 obviously being Urban Meyer and Brian Kelly. 

otrain2416's picture

I agree he's doing well so far and seems to have locked down PA, NJ, and MD for the most part, which needed to be done for that program. I'll be real impressed when in goes into GA, FL, CA, or TX and pulls a big name kid out. 

-2 HS
sharks's picture

I keep up with my alma mater, where its all offense all the time.  IU is down Roberson, worst class in the B1G so far, but did get Tommy Stevens, who was rumored to be a OSU target a few mos back.

It makes me absolutely ill that IU recruits as pathetically as they do.  This is a big time academic research institution an hour outside of one of the biggest urban centers in the midwest.  Indy and Ft Wayne produce solid D1 talent every year, and the Hoosiers can't get them (Stevens is from Indy).  How different would things be for Rod Smith right now if he'd stayed in state?  Did IU even try for him or his brother?  The school's endowment is $1.5b + per year: hire a big name coach and let him bring in some ace recruiting assistants.  Fix up the stadium and make it worth attending again-that place was fricking electric when Randall-El was there.  Stop hanging your hat on basketball only, for chrissakes.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+3 HS
otrain2416's picture

Ya unfortunately for IU they got a real bad draw on the division side. Their offense is really good, but there definitely needs to be more of a focus on Defense for them to be a good team. Unfortunately it seems like the big name instate guys wanna go to ND first or look elsewhere. 

TraSmith4's picture

Sharks because of work I've been over here in the Hoosier state for a few years now and the level of high school football gets better and better every year! I have to agree with you whole heartedly on IU and everything you said about IU could also be said about Purdue as well. They are both great schools and they pump money into their basketball facilities but until they make a deliberate decision to pump millions of dollars into new football facilities and a top notch coach/recruiter they are always going to be just a notch above a MAC school when it comes to football. If Ohio State, Notre Dame, the 2 schools up north heck even Northwestern offer a kid that IU or Purdue had already offered it's over they don't have a chance. Ohio State and Notre Dame are just on another level period. That is one thing about the SEC as well almost every single school pumps money into football.

+1 HS
trigg03's picture

You have hit the hammer on the nail sir and just to take it a little bit further...until they begin recruiting against BCS programs as opposed to competing with MAC schools then they will continue to be weak. The reason MSU has stepped up their level of play is because they began recruiting at s higher level. It takes a few years but eventually they are now able to secure talent that otherwise would be going to a BCS school.

MarylandPride's picture
+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Ya saw they landed these guys two days ago

Jahrvis Davenport- WR-FL 5'10 180 over offers from UCONN, Georgia Tech, Rutgers, Wake Forest, & Pitt           Highlights

Jameel Cook- S- TX- 6' 180 over offers from Arizona St, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa St, UK, Minnesota, Missouri, & Utah   Hudl

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

This one slid under the radar yesterday:

Mich St: Justice Alexander DE- OH 6'6' 240 over offers from Tennessee and Pitt. Kids definitely a sleeper and a teammate of Denzel Ward. 

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

6/22

Purdue: Reche Thomas- OT- FL 6'4 330 over offers from Illinois, FIU, Marshall, Temple, UAB, and Western Kentucky. 

Indiana: Brandon Knight- OT IN 6'5 270 over offers from Cincy, Illinois, Miami, Maryland, Minnesota, NC State, Purdue, Syracuse, Wake Forest, and Virginia Tech. 

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

6/23

Northwestern: Charlie Fessler- WR- PA 6'4 205 over offers from Nebraska, Boston College, Temple, Toledo, Western Michigan Hudl

Iowa: Justin Jinning LB-TX 6'2 200lbs No other offers. Watched his hudl kid definitely has some wheels and a nose for the ball. Maybe a potential sleeper here. 

Maryland: Darnell Savage CB-DE 5'10 170 over offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, and Temple highlights

Indiana: Austin Dorris TE-OH 6'5 220 over offers from Marshall, Kent State, Toledo, Western Mich, Ohio highlights

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

6/24

Northwestern: Jelani Roberts- WR-MD 5'8 155 over offers from Boston College hudl

Northwestern Cameron Green- WR- IL 6'2 195 over offers from Cincy, Boston College, Purdue, Iowa, Illinois. Kansas, Minnesota, & Nebraska highlights 

Purdue: Markell Jones- RB- IN 5'11 205 over offers from Ball St, Miami (OH), Western Mich, Toledo hudl

+1 HS
1MechEng's picture

Cool updates, O-Train! Thanks for the work you put into this.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

anytime 1MechEng 

MarylandPride's picture

6/24

Maryland: Will McClain- OT 6'5 290 over offers from WVU

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

6/25

Illinois: Patrick Nelson S:IL 5'11 195 over offers from Indiana, Nevada, Northern Illinois, and Buffalo          highlights

otrain2416's picture

6/27

Northwestern: Jared Thomas OG:IN 6'4 260 over offers from BC, Duke, Cincy, Indiana, Illinois, Purdue, Syracuse, Wake Forrest Hudl

Purdue: Tario Fuller RB:GA 6' 190 over offers from Middle Tennessee St, South Alabama, Troy Hudl

Rutgers: Deonte Roberts: ATH: NY 6'2 210 over offers from UCF hudl

MarylandPride's picture

6/29

Rutgers: Rashad Blunt  WR: 6'2 190 over offers from Cincinnati, East Carolina, Pittsburgh.

7/1

Purdue: Wyatt Cook     LB:  6'3 225 over offers from Virginia, Maryland

7/2

Maryland: DJ Moore    ATH/WR: 6'0 180 over offers from Virginia, Indiana. Illinois

+1 HS