Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Possible Kevin Feder flip

Woodshed's picture
June 21, 2014 at 7:06pm
39 Comments

Miami commit. Earned osu offer at camp this week. Lots of smoke about an incoming flip to the good guys.

givler is calling it.

teddyballgame's picture

in for the K-Fed jokes

+9 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

For one terrible second that was the first thing I thought. Damn you Britney Spears.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
irishfury's picture

Doctors project him to be 7 ft tall insane

+2 HS
rosenbuck's picture

I wonder if Thad could keep him in shape in the offseason...

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Dude is a Mountain waiting to happen! There is a CB flip party going on over at 247 for him right now.

+1 HS
otrain2416's picture

I've noticed Crystal Ball parties are like this: There's a handful of reporters like Birm, Wiltfong, ect. that are good respectable reporters, do their job, and get solid info 99% of the time. Then there are the leaches aka the other guys that don't have the info that's as accurate and literally watch what guys like the people mention above pick and copy their picks. Then the waterfall of picks ensues to stack their prediction numbers on 24/7. 

+4 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

This is a definite possibility and could happen at any time, but it's really, really bothersome when people do this and steal a kid's thunder who is obviously trying to keep things under wraps. Sometimes not saying something proves a lot more than just tweeting everything we know and hear.

/rant

teddyballgame's picture

Sounds like a few adults within the industry also need etiquette lessons on how to not be an asshole  :(

+6 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

People are just doing their job, and I get that, but it really puts kids at a disadvantage if they needed/wanted to talk to other coaching staffs, tell their high school coaches, etc. It's just the nature of the beast but it's ugly to me occasionally.

BassDropper's picture

In a lot of ways the crystal ball has taken the excitement out of recruiting. I remember the good ol' days of staying home from school because I legitimately had no idea where Terrelle Pryor was going. I'm pretty sure his crystal ball would have favored Ohio State at the time (especially after he wore Buckeye leafs in the AA game) and I probably wouldn't have stayed home from school that day.

DIRECTIONER

+3 HS
theopulas's picture

wow...my respect for you grows each day.....my cousin is in this position as a star jr in high school but is so undecided....its tough when so many are telling you so much.....

Theopulas

otrain2416's picture

Two thoughts come to my head with him and this offer:

• How tall is too tall? Obviously he's a tackle and on the outside. Probably has nice long arms which is a good advantage for blocking DE, but you still need your QB to see over the OL especially on short 3 step/ quick drops where he's not going to be kick sliding and forming the pocket. 
  • Curious if the kid is that good or the staff isn't as confident as much with Drew Richmond or Matthew Burrell anymore. 

+5 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

Ditto on these questions. Any insight by anyone?

WesPatterson23's picture

I know Taylor Decker is 6'7" which is pretty tall, but I have no clue how tall "too tall" is.

kicks's picture

I can tell you 7' is pretty tall, but if they have enough speed to be on the edge.  Those long arms with benefit greatly.  Interior line play would probably be out of the question if I had an opinion.  Braxton is 6'2".  That's almost a foot taller, not that he would play with him.  Just to give some thought to that.

teddyballgame's picture

Fragel is like 6'8 and Warriner made it work.  I trust that they know what they're doing.

BassDropper's picture

6'7 isn't unusual for an OT.

DIRECTIONER

teddyballgame's picture

True.  I meant to say he's 6'8, but the guy who mentioned Taylor Decker got me confused.

Anyway, Feder is already 6'9 or so and I read his doc says he could be 7'...

TraSmith4's picture

Birm in regards to your comments above. Obviously with a kid who is about to flip it can be a sensitive moment for him because he has to make that phone call and tell the coaches over at the other school who he has a built a relationship with that he has changed his mind and will be going elsewhere. Logically a kid would rather them find out directly from him and not via Twitter. 

Are these recruiting services embedded so deeply now that they even have the flys on the wall on payroll and minions everywhere??... or is just that people at the universities just can't help themselves and leak the info to the media types? Should be noted that you were the first to call this flip :) 

Woodshed's picture

Sorry for the dup Feder thread. Staff please put this one into the original started by gray box.

+1 HS
Buckster's picture

This is where you just have to trust Urban and Ed Warinner to make the right call.

Calgarybuck's picture

Nate Soldier is 6'10 and plays LT for the Pats, I don't think his height is going to be a big deal *wherever he plays..

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

He measured 6' 8 1/4" at the combine.

The Rams have 6' 8 1/4" Sean Hooey (64) & 6'10" Terrell Brown (71):

+3 HS
HattanBuck85's picture

Totally want Kevin Feder. He reminds me of a mix between Alex Bookser and Dan Skipper (who just went BEAST MODE for Bert last year).

"The height of human desire is what wins, whether it's on Normandy Beach or in Ohio Stadium." - Woody Hayes

BassDropper's picture

Steve Wiltfong believes that Feder committed to Ohio State last night. Maybe we hear something about it today.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

We're looking at a textbook flip here... it's science.

+19 HS
Danify's picture

I believe this is an sign Justin Hilliard is an Buckeye. Especially with the "X" as in St. X at the end....

+9 HS
TraSmith4's picture

It's looking like a gray box within the next 24 hours for Feder.

+1 HS
Hayze's picture

And then one in the next few weeks for Hilliard!

BTBuckeye's picture

Getting my Andre the Giant gifs bookmarked in advance.

+4 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

Forget about playing football. He's probably better than Amir. Sign him up for basketball.

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
awarren84's picture

Thad wouldn't have enough roster spots to take every football recruit who might be better that Amir...that number may be pushing 40-50 players!

"Anything less than flagrant is just playing grab ass!"

+3 HS
teddyballgame's picture

lol I actually had that song in my head (the beginning is so catchy)

Seattle Linga's picture

I love it - nice job Urban and company

+2 HS