Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Aggies get a commit from 4* WR and it's not Christian Kirk

jonping67's picture
June 21, 2014 at 8:01am
27 Comments

Per Rivals.com - "On what was already expected to be a big day for the Aggies on the recruiting front Thursday, Cedar Hill (TX) four star receiver Damarkus Lodge shocked the world with a mid-day commitment to head coach Kevin Sumlin and staff."

Birm - This should only help OSU when it comes to Christian Kirk's recruitment, correct?

Who will be tOSU's WR commits for 2015?

jonping67's picture

1. Christian Kirk

2. Miles Boykin

3. Van Jefferson

+2 HS
TCOB_6's picture

I would be perfectly happy with this. ^^^

+1 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

I doubt this effects his recruitment much at all. These guys aren't afraid to compete. I'd bet 90% (probably higher) of recruits pick their school based on where they want to go and not based on competition for playing time. 

Read my entire screen name....

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

I disagree but I think it would be a great question for birm. I think that a large percentage of them don't mind competition, but the coach may not be willing to accept his commitment. If he knows over the next two years he has 4-5 guys already in, then they may not accept his commitment. 

Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Good point about room in the class.  Seems to me that A&M signs 30 every year, but I didn't look it up. 

It's worth pointing out that we've averaged about 4 WR/class over the last few years. So I don't think it'd be unheard of for other teams to sign the same or more, especially given A&Ms pass happy offense. 

Read my entire screen name....

Ludwig Yards's picture

IMO, here is no way A&M wouldn't accept a commitment from Kirk.

+1 HS
cinserious's picture

Who would say no to Kirk?

Gone ham, be back soon...

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Kentucky. They already have enough talent there.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
sharks's picture

They just got the #1 guy in the 2016 class as well-Sumlin is absolutely crushing it down there.  Horns fans must be apoplectic. 

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

Yeah he is. Moving to the SEC and having Johnny Football has put them on the map... they're slowly becoming Tackle U. Seems like every yr they have a top 10-15 T drafted. On top of that #1 overall player in that tackle they got... their other commit for '16 is a 5* tackle.

TraSmith4's picture

They also have a commitment from 4 star WR Kemah Siverand. Sumlin has the State of Texas on lockdown! He is on his way to having at least five 5 star recruits in this class and he is about to make sure that Saban doesn't have the number 1 class yet again. Charlie Strong has his work cut out for him!

+1 HS
cajunbuckeye's picture

Note to Rivals.com. 99.92% of the world doesn't give a crap about Aggie football.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+7 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

It seems like at least 3 major things have helped A&M as far as exposure and recruiting go in the last couple years: 1.) Hiring Kevin Sumlin, 2.) Moving to the SEC, and 3.) Johnny Football  

+5 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture

Yeah it's crazy to me how two bottom level Big 12 teams can come into the SEC and hold their own and yet there's no national narrative expressing that.

I don't think this recruitment hurts A&M's chances with Kirk because of how much they pass the ball. A&M's air assault works similar to Texas Tech's except with 4 and 5 star players. Didn't they recruit like 7 receivers last year?

With Kirk's playmaker abilities he's a natural fit in our offense and would probably see the ball a lot more but he could have fun with A&M as well.   

+1 HS
chicagobuckeye's picture

Because the SEC made then better. 

JohnnyKozmo's picture

Bob Stoops said this basically, over the last couple of years.  Especially when the Big 12 defenses were getting lit up, but look at the QBs that were coming through that conference.  Now, A&M and Mizzou are doing the same thing in the SEC.

bleedscarlet's picture

UT's struggles may also be helping them along. I think, more than just being in the sec, that big win over bama is what has driven their success. That game seemed to change everything for the program and Manziel.

I'm too drunk to taste this chicken

+1 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Kirk said it doesn't affect him.  He knew the commit was coming and thinks that they'd be used in different ways to basically complement eachother on the field.

+1 HS
Becool12's picture

They pretty much play two entirely different positions. Kirk would take more of a role that Ryan Swope played a few years ago and Lodge would play more of the position that Mike Evans played.

Becool12's picture

They pretty much play two entirely different positions. Kirk would take more of a role that Ryan Swope played a few years ago and Lodge would play more of the position that Mike Evans played.

EDUGOON's picture

Kirk will be a Buckeye!! Let's not forget TXAM nabbed Speedy Noil in there last class. Very similar if not exact same player. Oh and he has like 6 other FR WR all highly rated coming in as well. #Salute to Sumlin he is Beasting!!! But in regard to Kirk he will Suffer From Success in trying to land Kirk. Far to many guys for a talent like his to be stored away.

"We Don't Believe You, You Need More People"- Hova #GOBUCKS #FreeElGuapo #Famthik

Groveport Heisman's picture

If I had to put money on it I would say 55% A&M 45% tOSU as it sits right now. I think his upcoming visit is going to reverse those %'s and  swing things in "OUR" favor. We get him on campus again and I think its enough to pull this one out fellows.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Woodshed's picture

Would like to hear some updates since he is on campus now....

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

All the way from California I believe

Woodshed's picture

I think Arizona.

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I stand corrected - nice job Woody

+1 HS