Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

703Buckeye's picture

Let's get Harris and Scott signed up asap!

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

I just wish Harris and Scott could be on campus together, so Meyer could stress to them the importance of having two good RBs who can share the workload. And so that they could start building a relationship.

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

... or 4 or 5 good ones! #AlabamaNorth

-1 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

Every time I click on a thread with just the prospect's name, I feel like I'm going to see, "Prospect X has just committed to ____________. Bummer."

+1 HS
sharks's picture

Lately, Prospect (s) X have been committing Ohio State

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

1,000% correct Sharks

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

And prospects Y and Z.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

brandonbauer87's picture

I despise threads with only the player's name as the title. Especially when it's someone like Harris, Waller, or Kirk. I'm thinking we've been over this before. 

+4 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

It's been covered all over that he's visiting this week, if your a floater poster that's fine but check to see if an existing thread was already existing within the last week

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Just trying to catch Damien Harris up with Nick Conner.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+2 HS
bethmowins's picture

Looks like Damien has scheduled his official visit with Ohio State the weekend of the scUM game. It would be sweet irony if he committed to the Bucks on Saturday.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

We will probably have a shit ton of elite prospects scheduling a visit  for The Game. Think about  it those are  the most expensive tickets for us fans,so if you want to maximize your officials why not enjoy a beat down over *ichigan in the Shoe.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Allegedly Harris is showing some interest in UK. I can't imagine a player of his caliber at his position committing to play there.

brunstar's picture

I'm sure Kentucky's 24/7 site has 4 articles about it right now for members only.  I hear Lattimore, Smith, and Jones are going there too.

+10 HS
OSU_Football_is_Life's picture

what, KY isn't projected to have a top 5 class?

A win over TTUN is one of the most important annual milestones I can think of!

+3 HS
Buckeye06's picture

Why not?  Can play in the SEC and play in his home state.  I'm not saying he goes to Kentucky, but Elam stayed there last year as a 5* DT who Bama wanted badly

+2 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

First of all Matt Elam was a composite 4-star recruit. He was even a 3-star on Rivals. But, a DT prospect is one thing - if they are truly talented they will flourish and get noticed no matter where they go. It's not as great of a decision for them. 

As for Harris, Why not? How about an Air-Raid Offense? Seems like that's a pretty big, why not, for a top running back. Unless his plan is get as few carries as possible in college.

-1 HS
jmacaulay17's picture

It looks like Matt Elam has been trying to recruit Harris. I remembered seeing this tweet a few days ago. When I went back to find it just now, I noticed he's trying to recruit many other players to come to Lexington.  At the end of the day, I'm not worried about UK.  Harris has made it obvious that he wants to be a part of a great class and play around great players.  I'm sure he has realized that he won't get that at UK and is only keeping them in discussion to be respectful since it's his home state team.

The Ohio State University Class of 2013

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Stoops must be using Hypnotoad to convince these kids that UK is going to be decent.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
brunstar's picture

Honestly, how long does Stoops stay if he turns UK into a legitimate football team?  The second he gets a better job offer he's gone and then all of those gullible recruits are stuck there.

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Maybe if things go south fast at UGA...

KB3RG's picture

Joker Phillips as a HC at Kentucky
2010 : 6-7. Recruiting class Rank 48th
2011: 5-7 Recruiting class Rank 37th
2012 : 2-10 Fired Recruiting class Rank  50th

2013 new head coach Mark Stoops first season 2-10. 2013 Recruiting class Rank 23rd
2014 Recruiting class Rank 22nd.

I see a trend.

+3 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

I Like How He Capitalizes Every Word, I Mean If I Was A Recruit, I'd Totally Go To Kentucky Because Everything Seems More Important This Way.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+3 HS
BuckeyeRick's picture

I am completely bewildered by Harris' interest in Kentucky. First of all, they installing an Air-Raid offense for crying out loud. Why would the #1 RB prospect in the country even consider that?

Also why would he entertain the idea of going to a basketball school that struggles to win football games, has no shot at any type of championship, or even a decent bowl? Their ceiling is somewhere around 6-6 or 7-5 and it may take a couple years to get to that ceiling. I just don't get it.

I hope he takes a good look at where the UK basketball players live and compares it to where the football players live - that tells the whole story at UK. Check out UK's new dorm for basketball players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQc2O7A5zo0 Basketball first and football is not even close.

-1 HS
zebiraross's picture

Let's see if Elam can "honestly" say that after their 3 win season.

Zeb

+1 HS
logamaniac's picture

I don't really know where stoops could go in the b1g other than UM that would actually be an upgrade over UK. maybe he ends up at Clemson because despite a decent season last year I don't see how he's not still on the hotseat if they flounder, probably a PAC or big12 school though. 

-1 HS
WayCraKen's picture

I think Stoops is committed. He is being paid better than 75% of BIG coaches. His assistants are paid better than 90% of BIG assistant coaches. He nabs Harris Fullwood Arnette and a few others and he has a top 20 class with a lot of the puzzle complete. 

I just hope he hangs on to Stumps. If he does he has 2 of the better recruits in Ohio IMO with Alex Stump and Conrad. 

osu07asu10's picture

He is being paid better than 75% of BIG coaches. His assistants are paid better than 90% of BIG assistant coaches.

Might want to check your figures on that...

With Dantonio and Andersen both getting raises this off season,...Stoops is only paid better than 3 B1G coaches and currently ranks as the lowest paid SEC Head Coach (Vandy doesn't disclose salary as a private university).

Kentucky's coaching staff was paid $2.4m in 2013.

That puts them in the middle of the road for B1G assistant coaches salaries...hardly 90%

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS