Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

DE recruiting

Calgarybuck's picture
June 18, 2014 at 1:44pm
25 Comments

Do we take Fulwoods commitment on the 28th now with Jones in the fold and Cornell leaning OSU? 

703Buckeye's picture

I don't see why not. 

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

Mortc15's picture

I'm by no means an expert on recruiting but reading others' posts, Cornell could be converted to a DT after adding weight so that potential possibility, on top of never having too many great d linemen, I would say yes they would. 

Buck-I4Life

+1 HS
weimerad's picture

So will the staff take 5 total DL? Let's not forget about Wilkins and Gallimore at DT

kgratz's picture

and sweat, i think he's a guy you dont say no to

How Firm Thy Friendship

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

If I had to guess they're probably going to take 2 DE this class. Steve Miller is graduating. I imagine Spence could declare after this season if all goes well. We have Jones locked in now, Cornell will probably do the same thing Washington did and slide into DT if he hops on board. I would take his commitment, but I'm not sure how the staff if sitting with other recruits. 

TheBadOwl's picture

Fullwood's commitment will be accepted by the staff IMO. I think we'll also take Cornell and Gallimore, and we could also take a guy like Wilkins or Settle on top of that. So, that's five. And that's insanely impressive.

And hey, don't forget about Terry Beckner and Josh Sweat. We're on the outside looking in but they're both interested.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
FtheNCAA's picture

Maybe six? Cornell, Sweat, Gallimore, Wilkins, Jones, and Fulwood. I'd think you accept Sweats commitment no matter when it happens.

bigDbuck's picture

2007 Florida team beat the sh*! out of OSU up front. I think Meyer loves freak D-line and won't short change that depth.

+2 HS
Jbucks's picture

We take as much as possible!! Bennett, Spence, Washington, Miller gone after this season potentially, Bosa next year. You need to keep adding top end talent and establish depth this year. Take as much this year take Nick Boss next year then u can slow down on D line recruiting

Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it-John 1:5 SEC meet Ohio State, Ohio State meet SEC

+2 HS
osu407's picture

Since we are definitely losing Bennett, Frazier, Miller, and Marcus and possibly losing Spence and even Washington, I'd personally take as many of the high potential recruits that want to be Buckeyes as I can.

+1 HS
ODEEZ330's picture

Yes this is ljsr's guy. Think he was the first offer he got to make when he came here

O'Deez330
stark county football

ab1993's picture

Well considering we didn't take a DT last class and losing up to 6 d linemen, I see spots for Wilkins, Gallimore, Cornell, Settle and Sweat, we won't get all of them of course so just add in Fullwood and were good.

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Thompson becomes a DT from last class IMO.

+3 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

I don't think so.

otrain2416's picture

I definitely trust your judgement but I'm kinda surprised they wouldn't... you think he'll end up at PSU or Maryland then?

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Watch for Kentucky

otrain2416's picture

Man props to Mark Stoops recruiting down there. How he continues to sell these kids mediocrity is beyond me. 

+2 HS
weimerad's picture

Birm, be more specific.....you don't think so to what? That Thompson will become a DT? Or that the staff won't take more than 4 DL?

Woodshed's picture

He was talking about fullwood.

Lawver_5's picture

Im guessing he's responding to the question that was asked in the post, whether we would accept fullwoods commitment or not

WesPatterson23's picture

I just wonder how many DE's we'll take. We could take 4 DE and 2 DT. With the possibility of both Bennett (senior) and Washington leaving they may try to take 2 or definitely 3 DT's (Cornell could play Washington role). So then we could take 3 more DE's with Miller and Marcus (who transferred) and the possibility of Spence leaving early. So I think we take 4 DE's and 2 DT's, continuing to build the depth of a dominant D-Line.

buckeyeguy0615's picture

If Sweat comes for FNL, the staff would definitely bring out the red carpet for that kid.

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

Admiral Meyer is going to have an impressive group of Destroyers in his fleet. 

Buckeye_in_SEC_country's picture

I just saw where Fullwood is headed into town to camp at OSU.  Isn't Fullwood Larry Johnson Sr's guy?  I think he ends up a Buckeye.  I don't believe Sweat does tho.  I've been wrong before and I could be wrong again.  

buckeyeguy0615's picture

Birm said he doesn't think he ends up a Buckeye but we shall see.