Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

My prediction for the class, every recruit, total of 24.

0 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
June 18, 2014 at 11:03am
25 Comments

This is how I look at the class when the dust settles, and man it's good.  I used the 24/7 class calculator to input all the names of the players I think tOSU will get and here is how it came out.  If we ended up with this list of guys I think the Elite 15 would be the best class any of us could remember, and it would definitely trump any class Urban Meyer has produced here at tOSU to this point.  Here's how I see it:

1. Josh Sweat DE- It's a long shot, but he really loved his visit to OSU.  If Meyer can get him back on campus before NSD, I would think the crystal balls swing heavily in favor of the Good Guys.  I think Meyer picks a couple guys a year as his own personal project recruits and he handles their recruiting exclusively.  Not that he isn't in on other kids recruiting, he's got his hand on all of the players, but I think he'll make Sweat his own personal recruiting project.

2. Justin Hilliard OLB- An obvious choice.  He's all buckeye IMO.  I know ND is lurking, but I think this kid really wants to play in Columbus with Jashon Cornell.

3. Damien Harris RB- Another kid who loves the atmosphere in Columbus and really wants to play for Urban Meyer.  A stud RB that can get it done all over the field.

4. Tim Settle DT- We have been up and down with this kid and from what I understand it's mostly been academic and I think he has taken care of his business on that end and still wants to be a Buckeye.  He's definitely a prize recruit for this class.

5. Jashon Cornell DE/DT- Love this kid.  Can't wait to see him in Columbus.  When it's all said and done he wants to play with Hilliard, and I think they are both Buckeyes.

6. Christian Kirk WR- Again, just get him on campus.  Let Meyer finish this up and get him in the fold.  Kirk is a special player, I know A&M leads, but I think it's much closer than anyone would let on.  Get him in Columbus and Meyer can land him.

7. Jerome Baker ATH- A born and bred Ohio guy.  I just think he wants to play here.  With all the hype surrounding a lot of the in state guys I feel like Baker gets forgotten, but this kid's versatility and ability to play both ways makes him special.

8. Drew Richmond OT- You have to have these earth moving O-LInemen.  Richmond is a beast, he will be a great addition.

9. Matthew Burrell OT- I like the combo of Burrell and Richmond just as much as the combo of Jamarco Jones and Demetrious Knox last year.  These two beef eaters coming in together will be huge.

10. Larry Scott RB- I like Scott, in state guy, great talent.  Heard he may have some personality/maturity issues, but he's a kid, it happens, let's get him in Columbus and set him on the right path.

11. Eric Glover-Williams ATH- See above.  Great player, needs help growing up.  I am excited to see him in the OSU system.

12. Isaiah Prince OT- Kind of under the radar on here, but I know he is liking OSU at the moment.  I think they could get a commitment, again, just have to get him on campus.

13. Chris Clark TE- He plays hard to get, but I think he really loves Ohio State.  He's going to be a buckeye in the end.

14. Van Jefferson WR- We have been in on him since the beginning.  He just needs to pull the trigger already.

15. Jordan Whitehead DB- The more I read about and see of this kid the more I like him.  Very underrated in my opinion.

16. Devante Peete WR- I know it's basically a coin flip between us and the U, but I think we have a distinct advantage as our program hasn't been in turmoil for the last 7 years or so.  Plus any WR has to see what we have at QB and be excited about the future.

17. Nick Connor LB- So stoked for this kid to get the offer he wanted.  Hard work pays off!

18. Neville Gallimore DT- The canuck loved Ohio State, and I think we could get him.

19. Dre'Mont Jones DE- Solid player, you always need guys to get after the QB

20. Joe Burrow QB- He's the signal caller we have for this class.  He needs tons of polishing, just like any freshman QB.  I will be excited to see what Herman can do with him.

21. Grant Schmidt OT- Another earth mover.  You win in the trenches!

22. Darius Fullwood DE- Really think this kid is being undervalued by the recruiting systems.  He's going to be a beast in the OSU defense.

23. Tyler Green DB- Another great kid who deserved and earned his Ohio State offer by playing in front of the coaches at camp.

24. Liam McCullough LS- I was never so excited to have a special teamer commit.

Conspicuous by their absence:  Jamel Dean DB, I took him off my final list, I just don't think he is sticking around.  I think he will end up at an SEC school and then see his rating on ESPN go up to a four star.

Also I left an open spot as I believe there will ultimatley be 25 players in this class IF they can find another QB they really want.  I wouldn't have any complaints if this was the final lineup for the elite 15.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments