Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Ohio State and Tim Settle

305Buck's picture
June 16, 2014 at 4:24pm
86 Comments

Have mended their relationship, and Ohio State is back in the running per Michael Rockstedt

Groveport Heisman's picture

Good to hear. Recruiting is like a roller coaster the lasts forever.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+4 HS
m5987usus's picture

Yep. Does not mean he will come here but loves that Larry Johnson was honest with him. The relationship has been mended and the bucks are in it for sure.

O-H!

+5 HS
m5987usus's picture

Oh and 305 thank you for giving me credit on the tweet. Appreciate it.

O-H!

+8 HS
305Buck's picture

No problem, you guys do a good job of covering the Buckeyes, as well as 247, scout, 11w and rivals, and I give credit where credit is due. I appreciate the hard work.

+5 HS
m5987usus's picture

That means a lot to me you have no idea. Thank you.

O-H!

+1 HS
jaxbuckeye's picture

No, I think we have an idea. 

m5987usus's picture

Hahahaha yea thank you.

O-H!

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

This is good news. All confidence in Coach LJSR.

+2 HS
hodge's picture

What happened to damage the relationship in the first place?

+1 HS
m5987usus's picture

I'm not gonna go into details about it because it wouldn't be right if it's not public knowledge, it would be unfair to all of them. But Tim fixed it, Like Larry told him he should if they want OSU to recruit him, and now it's good.

O-H!

+5 HS
hodge's picture

Ahh understood.  I just figured I'd missed some news or something.

Jeremy Birmingham's picture

It was Ohio State not being sure Tim was committed 100-percent to his academics.

m5987usus's picture

Yes that I just didn't know if it was acceptable to say that. Thank you birm.

O-H!

+2 HS
Crimson's picture

Sounds like our staff.  He didn't have a grade problem, but it was something he could improve on.  They gave him a goal to show he's willing to work, he was up to the task, and now they really want him.

-1 HS
Hayze's picture

Take this with a grain of salt. I know 305 posts everything he sees on Bucknuts here, but this wasn't reported by them. Tweeted by some unknown Mike Rocksted.

-10 HS
m5987usus's picture

I actually work for Men of the Scarlet and Gray. I know that I'm an unknown, but you are going to get to know me in this field, I promise you that.

O-H!

+43 HS
305Buck's picture

I actually saw this on twitter. And everything I post isn't from Bucknuts.

+23 HS
GirthBrooks's picture

Me as well. Nice info guys

+3 HS
Jbuckham94's picture

I don't mean to rub this in Hayze's face by any means, but I think this is a good opportunity to learn that we shouldn't disregard the little guys in the recruiting journalism field. The field is notorious for the job fluctuation(Alex leaving us, Derek Young leaving us, Kyle Rowland leaving even though he isn't recruiting, and Jordan Wagner leaving us) and because of that new guys are required to fill the vacated positions.

If we're going to liken this to professional sports, 11w is still one of the "small market" teams in the journalism world and because of that we will unfortunately lose our all stars to the New Yorks, Bostons, and LAs of the world(Scout, Rivals, 247).

Just a friendly reminder that as a community we should be accepting of the little guys, as all it takes is a job vacancy for them to get the "call up."

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+3 HS
kgab11's picture

Definitely 11w is a little fish in a big pond but they are the best site for Ohio State football and recruiting. Birm is the man, Rockstedt is really good too. I know he's new but I've followed him for a while on twitter and MOTSAG. 

+1 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

That's why recruiting is a marathon!! Today they like Clemson, tomorrow us then Bama!!! I follow this stuff to closely slowly losing my mind!!! Lol

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

305Buck, delete this thread before you embarass yourself further. Discredited source spreading misinformation.

Per Alex, the relationship didn't need mending in the first place. Grades.....

-11 HS
m5987usus's picture

I'm not a discredited source actually. I work for Men of the Scarlet and Gray. I talked to someone very close with Tim. I do not appreciate the disrespect.

O-H!

+26 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

I'm just passing along what Alex said. Don't shoot the messenger. Go get an apology from him.

-10 HS
m5987usus's picture

No it's a known fact that tim settle and osu have been kind of distant.

O-H!

+7 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

while I continue to disagree with the content of what was said re: Settle, I do need to apologize for the 'discredited....misinformation' comment I made. I misinterpreted something on 247 that has since been clarified.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

Shots fired!

buckeyebobcat

-1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

Sheez guys.... really

+5 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Don't poke the bear........

+21 HS
1967Buck's picture

Linga I have to confess. I watched this like 10 times. At first I was like oh boy, oh boy and then I said OH BOY!! (You hit me, I hit you!!) I hope the little one is ok, geez. Peace.

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

That kid got what he had coming. I bet he doesn't smack that cat anymore.

+8 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

If you look at the kids face before the slap fight - he's already in full epic meltdown mode. 

+3 HS
305Buck's picture

Question, not knocking Alex but what makes his sources better than Michael's? You don't know and I don't know, all I know is Michael covers recruiting for the Buckeyes and he does a good job at it, you may want to check out this site sometime.

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/

+3 HS
m5987usus's picture

Thank you 305. I have great respect for Alex no doubt. All I did was tweet out what I was told today by a reliable source Close to the situation. That is it.

O-H!

+4 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

305 claims to have a 247 membership. If you do too, head on over and take it up with Alex. He sent a follow up to his initial post re: Settle, and no, it doesn't corroborate a mended relationship with OSU.

dv away! (as if it mattered)

-10 HS
m5987usus's picture

There is nothing to "take up" with Alex. I'm not just going to bash Alex like that, he might have different sources on this situation. I'm nt bashing anyone.

O-H!

+10 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

you said you wanted an apology. You know where to get it from and it's not me. Come on down.

-10 HS
Jbuckham94's picture

To be a messenger, you have to be sent by someone to personally deliver a message. I highly doubt Alex Gleitman personally asked you to head over to his old 11w stomping grounds and throw some mud on Mike's name. What you did certainly classifies under the "unnecessary" category and wasn't cool my dude. You could apologize, but I doubt you will.

As for the fact that Mike isn't on a big name site, that doesn't mean he isn't a good reporter or doesn't know what he's talking about. Journalism is all about making that first step. If you remember, our very own Miles Joseph and Derek Young were on a small site they had started before being picked up by 11w. That doesn't mean they were reporting lies before they were hired by a big name site.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+17 HS
m5987usus's picture

Thank you I appreciate the support.

O-H!

+2 HS
Murph32's picture

Hey @Sarasotabcg have a snickers......

+9 HS
SOF_Buckeye's picture

Actually, he didn't say he wanted an apology, he said he didn't appreciate your disrespect. You are the one who said to go get an apology from Alex.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Squirrel Master's picture

I remember back in the day when Alex was the unknown reporter and people called his work "discredited information". Yet he seemed to always be in the know. I trust reporters until they prove they can't be trusted. not the other way around.

I saw a UFO once.......it told me to have a goodyear!

+5 HS
305Buck's picture

Another thing, when the news that Ohio State stopped recruiting Settle first came out, Alex said it was off the field related. When people started questioning him about what off the field problem, he said it wasn't grades. Is he backtracking now? He said he didn't want to tell what it was, but it wasn't grades or the kid asking for money, Hmm you think grade issues are something serious enough to keep away from paying customers?

+4 HS
teddyballgame's picture

Everyone needs to Settle down now....

see what I did there?

+50 HS
Danify's picture

We have an 11 Warriors community filled with vast sources of information from Gene Starwind to 305Buck and now M5987USUS. Such great stuff.

+9 HS
m5987usus's picture

Thank you for including me in that list. Much appreciated.

O-H!

+2 HS
Drewbuckeye's picture

WOW! You forgot someone... cough cough

F--- Michigan!

+8 HS
BassDropper's picture

*cough* *cough*

DIRECTIONER

+4 HS
Crimson's picture

Sir, pull up your pants.  This is a blood pressure test, not a hernia test.

+11 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Thought you said you weren't coming back?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
BassDropper's picture

What, like 2 months ago? I've posted many times since then.

DIRECTIONER

-2 HS
DeepSouthBuckeye's picture

Dynamite drop in BD.

Loving all things Buckeye from SEC country in Alabama.
"How firm thy friendship....O-HI-O"

-1 HS

Uncle 9er of course.

+4 HS
MichiganBuckeye222's picture

This is getting stupid.  Delete the thread before this kid thinks that buckeyes are nuts.

Representing the Buckeyes in the Mitten State since 1987.

www.septemberheisman.com

-7 HS
mh277907's picture

before this kid thinks that buckeyes are nuts.

I am sure Tim knows that buckeyes are made of chocolate and peanut butter.

buckeyebobcat

+17 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Here you go  - one of my favorites

+3 HS
BassDropper's picture

You say that Im a troll? Every post I have seen from you has a negative tone, and always telling posters what they can and cannot post. Last time I checked this is America and the OP has the right to post whatever he wants.

DIRECTIONER

+2 HS

BD,

Your initials should be reversed.

Listen, here is the reason why I give you crap on the board.

1.  you try to insert yourself into the process:  Posting on other fanboards to trick them?  Who does this crap?  this should be your new avatar...

2. you find pleasure in riling people up by posting stupid crap.  Your forum post about leaving was pretty stupid.  Who does this crap?  are you a 13 year old girl?
  3. When the media and other fanbases talk about those moron buckeye fans, they are looking square at you.
  4. I am not merely a tOSU fan, but an alumn.  I poured my heart and soul (and a couple of beers) while I was there...tOSU is more than a football team to me.
  5. you are a troll.

www.septemberheisman.com

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I don't remember giving you permission to post my picture.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+5 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+3 HS

'Murica

www.septemberheisman.com

Jbuckham94's picture

Is arguing about sources on paywalled sites the new way of comparing dick sizes?

In all honesty, this seems childish to be arguing like this. Both men, Mike and Alex, basically said the same thing. The relationship between OSU and Settle is now very good again. The only difference is Alex said it didn't need mending, while Mike did.

One last thing: to say you're "just the messenger" when you come on here and "discredit" someone makes you look pretty bad. If you can't even stand up for yourself when you call someone out like that, don't call him out in the first place.

That is all. Carry on.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

+17 HS

+1 HS
sarasotabcg's picture

I posted this above but will restate here.

I continue to disagree with the content of what was said re: Settle, but I do owe an apology regarding my 'discredited.....misinformation' comment. I misinterpreted something said on 247 that has since been clarified.

-6 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I value all of the sources of information that contribute here, even if that information is not always consistent. So what if it was grades or something else, as long as Tim Settle and the Buckeyes are back on track, I assume the best for both sides. And for Michael the Rockstedt man, thanks for contributing.

+2 HS
m5987usus's picture

You are very welcome. Thank you.

O-H!

-2 HS
KBonay's picture

You have a twitter feed?

m5987usus's picture

Yes it's in my account thing.

O-H!

-4 HS
Crimson's picture

I think a few people need to go back and reread this.  Seriously.

+5 HS
Silver Bullet 10's picture

I really don't care what someone else said. I appreciate the info that was given in this thread and I will believe it because I know it was done in good intent.

+2 HS
1967Buck's picture

Well all I gotta say about this is, Settle You wanna be a Buckeye? We want you to be a Buckeye. See that was not hard at all. Everybody happy, Peace.

+2 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Per BuckNutzGasMan Settle is 100% Buckeye!!!

BTW he lives in AZ and know nothing about recruiting.

+7 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

The "thing" that has me intrigued is that Settle was asked to "make things right" and he did. Should be a good sign

+7 HS
m5987usus's picture

Yea and that is why Tim settle has respect for Larry Johnson. He was just honest.

O-H!

+1 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

I love that our staff deals with recruits this way. 

+5 HS
Grande Gustavo's picture

Now I know that this doesn't mean he will come to Ohio State or anything, but I am very much excited at the good news we have been getting almost daily in the last couple weeks when it comes to Elite15.

The answer may not be at the bottom of a bottle, but it never hurts to check. 

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I know I'm an unknown, but I can promise you that I will stay an unknown because I'm not as good as these guys with getting information out. 

But I can promise you one thing, these colors don't run

#merica 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
Groveport_Buckeye's picture

Would really like to see what an in shape Settle could do. He still looks like a kid so that's a good sign that he hasn't maxed out yet.

+1 HS
Bucks1's picture

Wow, these ladies are getting catty in "herre"

"I will pound you and pound you until you quit." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
ChazBuckeye's picture

This truly has been an amusing thread. ..that's for sure!

Some people think we’re the hunted.I don’t feel that way at all.We’re the hunter.Everybody wants an angry football team.Everybody wants a team on edge and a hungry team.If you’re a hunter,that usually equates to being hungry.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Must be Skid21 after making those comments