Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Justin Hilliard

305Buck's picture
June 16, 2014 at 12:10pm
55 Comments

Visiting Notre Dame Friday for their Irish Invasion event, and Ohio State Saturday and will stay overnight with Kwon, Ohio State getting the last visit is huge.

teddyballgame's picture

This battle for Hilliard is a little bit closer than I expected.  I still feel good though as long as he returns to campus and gets to hang out with some of the guys overnight.

703Buckeye's picture

Irish Invasion? What are they invading, themselves?

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+8 HS
BierStube's picture

They might be invading since they can no longer "figth"

"No matter where you go, there you are." B. Banzai

+18 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

Long live the Fig Things!

+5 HS
AcrossTheField11's picture

Hathankyouformakingmespitupwaterontomykeyboard...nowthespacebardoesn'twork!

Time and change will surely show how firm they friendship... O-HI-O.

+3 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Part of their Lou Holtz retrospective.

+3 HS
ISURVIVEDCOOPER's picture

I think someone in their tumbler design office thought that the key to reading it correctly is to get so stupid drunk that it looks correctly spelled.

"I don't apologize for anything.  When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

As Irish Catholic comprises a significant portion of my heritage, I can confirm that this is pretty much the methodology for doing anything...

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+4 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

"The Irish are Coming! The Irish are Coming!"

FROMTHE18's picture

Ill be shocked if he doesn't pick OSU. Its a possibility, but I just don't see it with all the visits he's made to Columbus and the relationships he's built with the staff and current players. He is the biggest domino that has to fall for the class to become elite. I think his commitment means Harris and Cornell pick the good guys, and should have a ripple effect on other elite prospects. 

+9 HS
BroJim's picture

Agreed. He has tremendous value to this class.

I season my simple food with hunger

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Someone has D Harris visiting Irish 

Gooz-fra-bah...

305Buck's picture

Guy on 247 says he's stationed at Ft. Stewart in Hinesville, GA with some of the parents of kids who played with Kwon in high school. They have been hearing that the relationship Justin and Kwon is building is a strong one, and it'll be damn near impossible to get Justin away from Ohio State with that relationship between Justin and Kwon in place.

I have also read somewhere that Justin is starting to refer to Kwon as his big brother and I'm sure everyone is familiar with the big brother program at Ohio State. Guess we'll see who wins out on this one, but I'm feeling optimistic. Everyone should know soon enough, probably next weekend.

+7 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Going off his highlight tape, Kwon should be a good Buckeye.

Going off all of the interviews and anecdotes I've heard about his personality, I think he'll be an all-time great Buckeye. He's the perfect combination of incredible talent and an even better attitude.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

I'm with ya!! I think he's going to ND out of respect for his father at this point, and maybe for a little drama!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

I meant visiting not going

Gooz-fra-bah...

teddyballgame's picture

What's the deal with his Dad and ND though?  Is there something I'm missing?

kgratz's picture

Does anybody know if Hilliard is planning on Enrolling Early?

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Haven't heard him mention it, but its a possibility.

-1 HS
bethesdabuck's picture

Looks like "enrolling early" has reached proper noun status!

+11 HS
kgratz's picture

It's important enough in college football recruiting it should be!!!

How Firm Thy Friendship

+1 HS
SOF_Buckeye's picture

I haven't heard, but I don't think I've seen any of the private school kids enroll early.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Woody Hayes

luckynutz's picture

May not be the case with St.X, but I seem to remember kyle berger and meech both state that their schools had policies against early graduation. They were both private school students. Which would lead one to believe that its a common policy among private schools.

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Yea the school would lose out on 6 months worth of tuition payments which could be in the thousands and thousands of dollars. I can tell you a $1,000 a month not including anything other then tuition can get pretty hectic for a median income family. They literally send blank envelopes to your house asking you to donate even more money on top of everything. I had my son in a private Catholic school down here in Cincy for 2 years before I got fed up and found a better option.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

mh277907's picture

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that private schools don't allow kids to graduate early because it means that they would lose out on 6 months of tuition. Many private schools, including a very prominent Catholic school here in Columbus, require that their students complete much more course work than what public schools require before graduating. For example, students at the before mentioned Catholic school in Columbus are required to take 4 units of Science (state requires 3), 4 units of language other than English (state does not require any), 4 units of theology (obviously the state does not require this), etc. So there are cases where education comes first and these schools do not allow students to graduate early if they have not met the requirements for graduation as defined by the school.

buckeyebobcat

Groveport Heisman's picture

I fully understand that and I wasn't trying to insinuate that was the only reason. It is fully worth it if you can afford it no doubt about it. From my limited experience the school I dealt with was seriously money hungry up to the point it seemed like they were trying to extort. I shouldnt have portrayed my bad experience as a generalization of all private schools.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+1 HS
mh277907's picture

I gotcha. And I am sure the general rule lies somewhere between both of our experiences. The state has recently upped the amount of courses required to graduate from any high school, be it public or private, that is now affecting current students so it will be interesting to see if there is a drop in the amount early enrollees. 

buckeyebobcat

+1 HS
bethmowins's picture

This was true for myself. The credits required to graduate made it impossible to graduate early.

+1 HS
brunstar's picture

I hope he doesn't meet his imaginary girlfriend at Notre Dame on Friday, that could tip the scales.

+37 HS
TheTeam16's picture

Come on now, you can't use the art created by one of the biggest Michigan fans alive on an Ohio State website ;)

LoveTheeND's picture

They've been working on getting real girls since that incident. It's a work in progress.

+2 HS

Given NDs rapey history, they'd be better served leaving the real girls alone.

+1 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

End of June decision still on?

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
BroJim's picture

I think it's always been end of June/early July. Yes, as far as i know, it's still on. 

I season my simple food with hunger

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

So if he doesn't pick Ohio State, that gives Urb 7 months to get him back.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+3 HS
otrain2416's picture

The last OSU LB to wear 47 was pretty good if I remember right :) 

+7 HS
KBonay's picture

Nice find. Against ND nonetheless. 

+2 HS
703Buckeye's picture

I think ABC had a camera specifically for this poor girl...

Watching her fiance terrorize her brother for 4 quarters.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+4 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Every time Brady was knocked to the turf they panned to Laura. It got to be almost comical lol

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+3 HS
luckynutz's picture

One has to wonder what family get togethers are like for the Quinns. I see it going somewhere along these lines...

Brady looks out window, sees AJ pulling up in the drive. And breaks into a cold sweat and drops into a fetal position replaying each excrutiating hit from his brother in law that night in Arizona. AJ walks in, sees this, and pulls out the game tape. And watches with pure delight as Brady sucks his thumb in the corner.

+4 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

They probably talk about football as little as possible. It's probably a little awkward that AJ's doing well and Brady... not really in the picture.

+1 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

Still to this day, I think that jersey and the idea were really cool.

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Got her from the wrong angle - she's smiling on the Buckeye side of her face.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Like this guy?

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

More like this girl.

I've seen Jerry's girlfriend . . . you're much better looking.

+2 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Any news on whether Hilliard is gonna visit Notre Dame again, that can't be a good sign.

I can't see Kelly letting him leave without committing, I can literally see Kelly being drug attached to Hilliard ankle crying for a verbal before Justin Hilliard will be aloud to leave. And if he goes with a pro ND family member it could get really dicey.........

"The Past Builds the Future"

+2 HS
Woodshed's picture

The kid is not committing on a visit

+4 HS

I can literally see Kelly being drug attached to Hilliard ankle crying for a verbal before Justin Hilliard will be aloud (sic) to leave

Literally?

+4 HS
SilverBullet-98's picture

Any news on whether Hilliard is gonna visit Notre Dame again, that can't be a good sign.

I can't see Kelly letting him leave without committing, I can literally see Kelly being drug attached to Hilliard ankle crying for a verbal before Justin Hilliard will be aloud to leave. And if he goes with a pro ND family member it could get really dicey.........

"The Past Builds the Future"

LoveTheeND's picture

Hilliard isn't a recruit that BK will press for a commitment... no reason to do something like that when it's obvious that Hilliard is handling his recruitment so professionally. Why hurt your chances by going against the grain of how the young man operates?

Groveport_Buckeye's picture

I still like Hilliard to TOSU. Taylor committing to ND makes me a bit nervous, but the momentum has definitely swayed in TOSU's direction. Lock him up Kwon!!!!!!!

+1 HS