Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Christian Kirk Will Be Visiting tOSU Again

305Buck's picture
June 14, 2014 at 6:37pm
44 Comments

With his coach next week. His coach is working a camp at Ohio State and he will be checking out the school.

Ludwig Yards's picture

Nice. Sure can't hurt.

+3 HS
m5987usus's picture

Byron Murphy also confirmed with me that he's going with him. His teammate was offered by OSU, this past week.

O-H!

+7 HS
305Buck's picture

Murphy said his Ohio State offer was a dream come true. I don't know if Ohio State was his dream school, or if he was just super happy about getting an Ohio State or another D1 offer, but that sounds promising.

+4 HS
m5987usus's picture

I talked to him quite a bit after the offer and Ohio State is in his top 3 with Arizona state and usc. He has not visited Ohio State. He talked to me about the friendship and brotherhood him and Christian Kirk are, it's amazing how close they are.

O-H!

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

That's great news. I do find it funny how Texas A&M decides to offer this kid, right after Ohio State offers him.

+1 HS
Crimson's picture

Reel him in, Urbz.

+3 HS
MN Buckeye's picture

I was very impressed with Kirk and also with what Birm had to say about him after his visit this past spring. Pulling a top-level talent from Arizona will not be easy, but now that he is returning I am far more optimistic than before.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2014/03/33950/christian-kirk-recaps-ohio-state-visit

SilverState's picture

Great to hear. Kirk's the guy I want the most this cycle.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Speed kills !!!!!!!!!!!!

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

Wow this is honestly great news to get him on campus a second time in a few months. I really felt like we were losing him, but this should definitely help. Kinda random, but a lot of people have him predicted to Texas A&M and I can't find anything online that he's even visited there yet. Can anyone confirm or deny this? 

Also, thanks for all the updates 305 you're killing it. 

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

He's definitely visited A&M before. 

JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

We're still in his top 2 right? Us and Texas A&M

Buckeye fan from PA

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Seems like that. Him and his coach just visited Texas A&M as well.

+3 HS
AzBuck50's picture

He just finished his visit to A&M this weekend, along with his coach, and they are on their way home.  I watched him play 7 on 7 this past Wed evening at ASU's camp and on the first play of the first game, he hauls in a 40 yard bomb over two db's bigger than him. I was on the opposing teams sideline and the two players as they were walking back for the next play told their coach that they were there in position but once he got his hands on the ball it was over. He is probably 5'9" or 5"10, but so strong with the ball. I will try to get some "inside scoops" about the trip next week.

Azbuckeye50

+3 HS
m5987usus's picture

Not officially a top two but most people think it is gonna come down to those two.

O-H!

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Keep an eye on this situation, Texas A&M 247 site is reporting that as many as 3 MLB scouts have visited Kyler Murray's school and says the kid could be a 1st or 2nd round draft pick in the 2015 MLB draft. If Murray decides to go to the draft, I believe Ohio State's chances of landing Kirk increases even more.

-1 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture

The 2015 MLB draft is after signing day though. 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

+1 HS
osu407's picture

But he said could be, as in where he is projected. 

305Buck's picture

Yup, but Murray will more than likely let Sumlin know before NSD if he plans on entering the MLB draft or not.

-1 HS
cdub4's picture

You don't enter the MLB draft. I mean, he could let Sumlin know he plans on attending college, but 7 figures can change anyone's mind. I think A&M lost a qb a few years ago to the MLB draft.

+2 HS
BuckeyeRealist13's picture

Yea, that's what I was trying to get at. You don't enter the MLB draft, you just get drafted. Much like Manziel. 

I've spent time in the South, I don't care what anybody says they don't have the passion for football that us Ohioans have. 

sivaDavis's picture

I like it, I like it aloooot.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

KingsRite's picture

“I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win.” -Urban Meyer-

+2 HS
BroJim's picture

This is great news. He is one of my favorite guys we have offered.

I season my simple food with hunger

TheVictoryBell45's picture

I don't think Christian Kirk is worried about Kyler Murray. He is friends with Kyle Allen and I think that is the biggest thing drawing him to A&M. 

TraSmith4's picture

Demarkus Lodge a 5 star receiver just committed to A&M I don't know if that will impact Kirk's decision and help the Buckeyes chances with him but kind of hoping it does. 

+3 HS
KB3RG's picture

A&M now has 3 WRs in this class

4 WRs from 2014 class and 7 WR from 2013 class. How many more WR can a team take?

+5 HS
Danify's picture

Well this is the SEC we are talking about. Plenty of Greyshirts and Medical Hardships for the underperformers.

+6 HS
zenshade's picture

If this guy's not a 5 star player, I've never seen one. That's Ted Ginn speed on those 20 or so long touchdowns in his highlight video. And I think he has better hands/moves than TG.

jamesrbrown322's picture

I don't think A&M having a lot of WR will scare him off. WR is like DB, you can't really have too many, b/c there are so many different ways that they can contribute.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

sivaDavis's picture

Kirk on his way to Columbus. Rocking the Buckeye gear.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Gray Box's picture
KBonay's picture
Groveport Heisman's picture

Kirk is a solid looking grown ass man. 

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Gray Box's picture

Kirk seems to like Ohio State's sock game! He retweeted coach Smith:

+2 HS
otrain2416's picture

I'm normally not into socks, but I want a pair of those. 

+1 HS

Probably the best pair of socks I've ever seen. Somebody please track these beauties down for sale somewhere.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Jbuckham94's picture

It may just be my eyes playing tricks on me, but the design looks photoshopped on there.

Class of 2016. Go Bucks!

KBonay's picture

At $19 bucks for socks, you can't afford shoes to cover them up

+2 HS

Them are similar 305 thanks.