Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Damien Harris

305Buck's picture
June 13, 2014 at 10:00am
25 Comments

Reportedly visiting on the 17th.

That's the day Chris Clark and Joe Burrow also visits Ohio State, and Clark is also trying to get Burrell to visit on the 17th with him.

Lets see if Burrell makes the trip. But right now, Harris and Clark are two huge visitors.

dubjayfootball90's picture

If Burrell visits, too... Hot Dayum son!

You can feed a bobcat all the chili it wants. That don't mean it's going to crap out diamonds.

+4 HS
cdkmike's picture

is it just me or does clark confuse u i cant get good read on this kid hope we get him 

Michael green

+3 HS
305Buck's picture

Yup, he does a good job of hiding his intentions, but I think Ohio State wins out in the end, simply because we have been there with him since the beginning. The one constant in his recruitment.

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I'm not sure that is the biggest positive, being there from the beginning. It helps but he also committed to UNC while we were recruiting him and continues to visit others schools.

My guess is he didn't/doesn't want to be one of the first commits to a class, be it Ohio State or another class. As some clarity starts to happen with our class hopefully he'll see it is the best place for him and commit.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

He wanted to wait and see what QB Ohio State bought in. He has stated that, which is why he tweeted "I really hope Wimbush commits to Ohio State" and the reason why he immediately scheduled an Ohio State visit after Burrow committed.

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Yeah, I remember him talking about being worried about playing with an athlete at QB.

I don't think we win his commitment form a longevity standpoint though. I think it comes with the class we continue to sign.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

It's ok to hit this button.

+2 HS
Optimistic Buckeye Pessimist's picture

Burrow is going to be doing some work.

Read my entire screen name....

gumtape's picture

College Football is a running back dominated sport. AJ McCarron sucks but he has always had all world running backs to hand off too. I would rather have Harris and Burrow in the same backfield than a guy who can't make an 8 hour trip.

High and tight boo boo

+7 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Harris is a key component and has a chance to take over and be the leader that drags in other highly rated kids. Get him up here as many times as possible.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+2 HS
luckynutz's picture

Agree with your sentiment, but hilliard is announcing here within the next few weeks. And if he becomes a buckeye, it will be a huge boost. He seems to have that magnetic pull on other guys. Same with harris. It takes that one guy to start a movement. In 13 it was burrows. Last year it was webb. Burrow is on the case this year already. But to get a guy like hilliard on board...the train would be rolling along full bore.

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Your right, and "when" he commits to the good guys, Harris and others hopefully follow 

When is the date he is suppose to announce?

luckynutz's picture

Believe its supposed to be end of june, early july. Dont think theres been a definitive date set from what ive read or heard kicked around here.

+1 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

This is great!!! I think Burrow will be the one in Clark's ear. When is Hillard going to be on campus again? 

+3 HS
BroJim's picture

BuckeyeJ, it's *Hilliard. No worries, i've done the same. UV for being awesome!

I season my simple food with hunger

+2 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

Yep! I miss it on this iPhone lol. Thanks!

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Hilliard may try to make it up to Ohio State on the 17th as well.

+4 HS
BroJim's picture

It would be awesome to have Harris and Hilliard in this class. I think they would bring a tremendous amount of energy to the program's recruiting efforts.

I season my simple food with hunger

+2 HS
TraSmith4's picture

between these visits and Friday Night Lights things could get crazy! :)

+6 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

I just want to clear something up, I thought Harris was coming up for FNL. Am I totally wrong in that, or is this trip replacing that one, or is he gonna do both? Option 3 would be sweet...

305Buck's picture

He's planning on being there as well.

TheBadOwl's picture

It'll be like his 10th or 11th visit to OSU, right? Something insane like that?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

This summer line up is getting very interesting 

305Buck's picture

Damien Harris will not be able to make it up to Ohio State tomorrow.