Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Possible recruiting violations at Florida?

The Clean North's picture
June 12, 2014 at 5:43pm
35 Comments
osu07asu10's picture

Buckshots...

(No DV,...just love the gif)

Also, this was a minor violation for a "bump". Seeing how fast things can be fabricated about NCAA violations, I wouldn't want to speculate about major violations coming down the pipe.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+5 HS
sivaDavis's picture

A coach would resign because of a minor violation? I gotta say, I  think there is more going on then just this. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

The violation that is being reported is one of a minor nature. It is a "bump" or inadvertent contact with a recruit.

As others have said, if they can prove it wasn't by accident that would change the nature of the violation.

I for one (after all the speculation and false accusations our program went through) am not going to speculate more than what it is.

+2 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Joker Phillips is a great coach and even better person but I just don't see him stepping down or being forced to step down 3 months before the season for a minor violation that hasn't even been proven yet.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Davis is right on the money. Coaches dont bail like this,at least highly respectable ones like Phillips unless they are trying to minimize something bigger then a bump violation. Funny because Muschump accused our staff of ratting him out for a bump violation just last year and they had quite the chuckle about it.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
BuckeyeJ's picture

That's what I was thinking. No way it was a bump and nothing else

+1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I'm going to hold my judgment until more comes out. Until then, I'll take it at what it is and that is a minor violation.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

I wonder how the media is going to involve Urban Meyer?

+14 HS
CentralFloridaBuckeye's picture

Yeah, clearly it is Urban's fault!

+2 HS
BuckeyeTrappedInSouth's picture

My in-laws are big Gator fans.  When I told them tonight about this major violation, my father-in-law immedietly said, "The violator must have been a remnant of Urban Meyer."  I promptly corrected him.

In Urban We Trust

+5 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Did you throat punch him?

+2 HS
BuckeyeTrappedInSouth's picture

Unfortunatly, no.

In Urban We Trust

+1 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

Disclaimer: This poster does not endorse violent assault upon extended family members and cannot be held responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from performing such an act.

-1 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

From what I've read, if it can be proved that Joker Phillips arranged the meeting with the recruit and purposely violated the dead period, which there's supposedly a picture of him with the recruit he "bumped" at a restaurant, the severity of the violation could escalate. 

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Easier said than done...unless you're Ohio State's compliance department (Too soon?)

-1 HS
Unky Buck's picture

Come on...we all know it'll happen like this...

+3 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

It's the SEC, I'll be SHOCKED if Emmert and the NCAA do anything more than a slap on the wrist, or even a "stern talking to".

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Probably, but the one thing it does do is hurt UFs recruiting and their D. Losing a key assistant less than 3 months before the season starts won't help. Muschumps days are numbered.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

Go1Bucks's picture

Gee, a Florida team has possible violations? Color me surprised !

Go Bucks!

+1 HS
DMcDougal24's picture

I read (on Bucknuts, so grain of salt lol) that he had some indiscretions while at Kentucky that are apparently about to catch up to him. Muschamp caught wind of what was coming and forced a Joker resignation. 

Earle's picture

Was it the getting his lovin' on the run or the midnight toking that got him into trouble?

Just say no to italics abuse.

+4 HS

Thanks AV and Earle, you just made my day! My late mother LOVED the Steve Miller Band. Some of my earliest memories are of her playing her scratched vinyl albums in our trailer when I was 4. I simultaneously laughed hysterically and had a tear in my eye. Getting dusty :)

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+2 HS
Earle's picture

Or tree-shaking, perhaps?

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Some call him the gangster of love...

Some people call him Maurice....

Cause he recruits with the pompitous of love...

EDIT: Someone doesn't like Steve Miller apparently...

+1 HS
Earle's picture

More likely he let some recruit take the money and run.

#headeddownsouthandhe'sstillrunningtoday

+2 HS
osu07asu10's picture

that's why you are a legend Coach.

+2 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Probably be forced to forfeit all those 10 win seasons and give back all those shiny trophies and awards...Wait,what?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

osu07asu10's picture

Someone had to take the fall for UF lineman blocking each other...

+3 HS
LoveTheeND's picture

I think Joker is actually getting big-time punishment for all of those terrible #ComePlayWRForTheJoker memes he tried to create.

Some were funny, some made me sad to look at.

Those UF promos were among the ugliest to ever burn my retinas.

s.pasadena fl's picture

This story has legs!

Ed Hopper

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I heard today that U of F will be underdogs in about 5 of their games this year - totaling 62 points. I bet when it's all said and done that point differential will be closer to 70 plus.