Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

2015 Alabama Commit Mekhi Brown

UrbzRenewal's picture
June 11, 2014 at 4:52pm
31 Comments

Looks like the good guys may be back in it for Mekhi Brown (#4 WDE per the 247Composite), per him an offer would shake things up for him.

UrbzRenewal's picture

Here's a bit more from Mekhi:

+6 HS
tiph88n's picture

Shaking up his top 5 doesn't mean anything if it doesn't dislodge his top 1...hopefully on his potential visit Urban can do...well...what he does

Pain is temporary...pride is forever!

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

I like where you're going there 88 - agree!

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

I personally think if he's taking visits and talking about how offers might shake up his top 5, he might not even have an idea who #1 is right now. Committed just to save himself a spot just in case Bama does turn out to be where he wants to be. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

I like that Richard Lecounte seems to be recruiting for Ohio State.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+9 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Here's the tweet, and just for reference, the emojis he used were the "crying laughing emoji," two "100" emojis and two "scarlet box with a white O" emojis. So it seems like a good omen.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+9 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

That sounds like something the guy on the couch would say!! Lmao!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

AndyVance's picture

Can anyone who understands Twitter emojis please explain to me the "100" thing? I use Twitter for work on a daily basis, but emojis aren't real big in the agribusiness community...

+5 HS
ohhiyo's picture
+6 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I was told it means "keeping it real"

MotownBuck's picture

Word to ya mutha 

Trotwood-Madison. Once a Ram, Always a Ram.

+4 HS
Mortc15's picture

Typically it's used in the terms of "keep it 100" meaning "keep it real." 

edit: Jordan's got it. 

Buck-I4Life

+4 HS
AndyVance's picture

Thank you, gentlemen. And to the jackwagon who didn't think I was asking an appropriate question, I'll just leave this right here.

+1 HS
Norwalk's picture

I think it's okay to follow, just don't tweet him...that would make you an asshole!

+3 HS
Soggy_McMuffin's picture

He's recruiting hard for OSU!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

irishfury's picture

17' is going to be crazy.  Could you imagine Lecounte/D.Clark as your starting class wow.

305Buck's picture

And Josh Myers who's visiting for FNL.

WhySoSerious's picture

I keep it 1000..

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

+6 HS
teddyballgame's picture

when keeping it 100 goes wrong...

RIP Skid21

+10 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

I know its early but the thought of flipping a Bama commit in addition to swiping their center (Lindsay) gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling :)

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
Jeremy Birmingham's picture

Will visit next week sometime - Buckeyes will likely offer but I don't think Brown is a legitimate candidate for a "flip" right now.

1MechEng's picture

Birm - I love that you have lots of info. at your disposal and are right most of the time.

But sometimes, I also hate that you're so accurate too. It's a double-edged sword when you dampen our hopes like this.

+2 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Honestly that made me laugh out loud (I refuse to use lol) because of how truthful it is.

+1 HS
sharks's picture

If I wonder why an Alabama commit would still have a top five, does that make me an asshole?

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+10 HS
TraSmith4's picture

...If so then I guess I'm an asshole to

+2 HS
BuckeyeFootball3's picture

I understand this forum post was about Brown but Richard Lecounte is mentioned in it as well. With that said, I think we are seeing that often times you can kill two BIG birds with one stone when it comes to recruiting. The Buckeyes signed Raekwon McMillan this past cycle and because of that are in the driver's seat for 2017 5* prospect Richard Lecounte. Likewise, when we landed Joey Bosa we landed his little bro 2016 5* prospect Nick Bosa. Gotta love it. 

+3 HS
Hayze's picture

Also visiting with teammate and 5 star 2016 QB Juwon Pass.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Oh a two-fer I like it!!!!!

OSUClub_Baseball27's picture

I really don't understand how all of these 16-18 year old kids handle the recruiting process. All of the fans, coaches, friends, and family pulling you every opposite direction... Crazy to think about. I think social media makes it even harder.

No wonder these kids have such a hard time deciding anymore.