Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Scout just released their 2016 rankings

305Buck's picture
June 11, 2014 at 3:05pm
17 Comments
Danify's picture

6 Ohio recruits in the top 66. That's insane and makes 2016 among the best in the last decade talent-wise. Add in Nate Craig and Nick Bosa ... I'm smelling #1 overall class in 2016 by far.

+2 HS
305Buck's picture

Ohio Prospects:

Tommy Kraemer at #16
Jake Hausmann at #22
Prince Sammons at #29
Justin Layne at #48
George Hill at #60
Brendan Ferns at #66
Liam Eichenberg at #110
Tyler Gerald at #116
Demario McCall at #153
Tyrece Speaight at #166
Jonathon Cooper at #230
Ethan Tucky at #260
Jake Saunders at #285
Zach Sandwisch at #300

Imo Layne is too high and Eichenberg is way too low. I also think Sandwisch will get a huge bump once he plays his Junior season. He missed his whole sophomore season after dominating his freshman season so that may be why he's low.

+3 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

Obviously its unrealistic to think that OSU will go 100% with the top 14 guys in Ohio, but can you imagine if we locked down this list and then sprinkled in Bosa, Craig, Haskins, and Austin Mack? That's 2 five stars, 14 four stars, and 2 three stars. This would be an insane class! According to scout, it would be

The #11 QB, the #6 and #15 RB, the #1, #10, and #12 WR, the #1 TE, the #2 OT, the #5 and #6 OG, the #2 and #4 DE, the #27 DT, the #6, #22, and #25 OLB, the #9 MLB, and the #14 CB. 

This is crazy enough, and while I see several guys dropping a few spots, I would expect McCall, Eichenberg, Cooper, Tucky, and Sandwisch all to receive significant bumps as time goes by. Round it out with a little more national flavor and... Best Class EVER

Mortc15's picture

To be completely honest, sounds like a typical Bama class.  

Will be crazy to see a class that's even better than what they've brought in the last few years which have been extremely good classes. 

Buck-I4Life

osu407's picture

Jake Hausmann at 23 is  very impressive.

George Hill is 60 and the common opionion is we could have him wrapped up by fall.

WesPatterson23's picture

I've been hearing he and LJ Scott could commit this weekend.

+4 HS
bigDbuck's picture

Nice to Ohio State listed next to so many names.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Yup, Ohio State could have at least 6 or 7 high ranked recruits locked up in the 2016 class before the end of this year.

Nate Craig is visiting this summer and wants to make a decision before the start of his Junior season. He has named Ohio State his leader many times and has said he's leaving Florida to play collegeball so he doesn't have to be around any old friends or family, plus he wants to explore the country.

Nick Bosa and Liam Eichenberg are deciding after their Junior seasons are over.

McCall will be visiting for FNL and says he might commit there.

Rumor going around that George Hill will announce his commitment to Ohio State this weekend, and that Gerald will commit to Ohio State on the 19th when he camps.

Dwayne Haskins Jr. will also be on commit watch when he visits this weekend.

BuckeyeJ's picture

Gerald is the same rumor i have heard. I also hear that Espin says Gerald will be in the top 10 of Ohio OL. I could also see Scott and Hill anounce together

nikolajz1's picture

We need to lock down all that Ohio talent in the top 200. Could be one of the best OSU classes in history. 

+2 HS
JDunc686's picture

Might have to switch to a 3-4 with all the LB talent in Ohio.

DrSpaceman's picture

My reaction while reading this list

"Medicine is not a science" - Leo Spaceman

+1 HS
cdkmike's picture

wow if we have great year on the field life will be so nice go buckeyes

Michael green

AlwayzABuckeye614's picture

Good to see as a team we went from being ranked 49th to 36th in a matter of about a week before our latest commits!

Seattle Linga's picture

That list is so stacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckeyefan23's picture

Jango Glackin a LB out of Lebanon Ohio should be on that list. He has put up great numbers at Camps and was a Best of the Midwest All Team . He is a 210 lbs OLB with 4.5 speed and 36 verticle.