Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Tyler green is a buckeye!

pcuzz1's picture
June 8, 2014 at 5:32pm
47 Comments

Per our own jordan wagner on Twitter, Green was just offered and committed.

Knarcisi's picture

Boom!  Let that be the end of the negative recruiting talk. 

+5 HS
tunehtraef's picture

Was going to ask for confirmation as I saw it on Bucknuts (last page open on my iphone), came here to look for verification because I don't count it as official until I read it here...

+1 HS
WhySoSerious's picture

4star safety I'll take it.. Welcome. 

Rare&Uncommon

Like the ball in the stands, we balls out

Danify's picture

Wonderful! Commence Commitment Dance Party!

+1 HS
OSUStu's picture

Aahh hell yah!

If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.  ~ Bruce Lee

pcuzz1's picture

Yeah, it has been a dull subday for me. So I have been on twitter all day. Saw jw post we offered, checked back less than 5 mins later and saw jw post that green had committed! Let's keep it rolling now

pat cozzens

kareemabduljacobb's picture

6'3 safety.  Yes please.

+3 HS
buck-I.8's picture

And he's really lean. Good frame to put on muscle without losing speed.

305Buck's picture

6'3, 200 pounds and runs a 4.4.

Also got invited to the opening.

He's a 4 star Safety right now, but he played behind a lot of seniors last fall per Wiltfong, now he will be starting for his team.

+3 HS
buck-I.8's picture

Does anyone know if the OSU camp times are hand-timed or not? I think he laser timed a 4.5 at a combine in the past year. Either way, that's plenty fast if he has the technique.

+1 HS
mtrotb's picture

Think we are going to get between 6 to 8 commitments this month.

mtrotb

+2 HS
JakeStevensIsSwag's picture

That would be great. Just as long as Hilliard is in this 6-8. Things are going to fall into place, and its exciting. 

Buckeye fan from PA

Sin City Buckeye's picture

Is there a difference between Viper and Leo? "No, we just thought Viper sounded cooler."---Former Buckeye Coach Mike Vrabel

-1 HS
edr4225's picture
uuuummm,  stats are sick!!!!!  Welcome to Buckeye Nation!!!

lets go bucks!!

+2 HS
JDunc686's picture

Reminds me of David Bruton, who went to Notre Dame and is with the Denver Broncos right now

pcuzz1's picture

Correct me if I am wrong, but dematha, where green is from, is generally churning out d1 talent

pat cozzens

+4 HS
Hovenaut's picture

DeMatha Catholic has been one of the best hs bball programs for years, but they have had some pretty good football players too.

I am not very smart, but I recognize that I am not very smart.

+1 HS
pcuzz1's picture

Thanks HOV, I think I may have confused the two programs.

pat cozzens

Gray Box's picture

Tyler and Urban:

+9 HS
edr4225's picture

lets go bucks!!

+2 HS
AeroBuckeye2001's picture

The Ohio State University Class of 2001
BS Aero & Astronautical Engineering

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

Where's this gif from? What movie? Lmao!!

Gooz-fra-bah...

Gray Box's picture

Tyler and Brutus:

+6 HS
sivaDavis's picture

So that whole thing about Urban replacing a guy who decommits or flips with a higher rated/better player? Yeah it's true. Here's the proof. Good luck to Ben Edwards.

Welcome to the family Tyler Green!!!

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

Gray Box's picture

Tyler in The Shoe:

+6 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Now that is an athletic looking kid. 

Gray Box's picture
+8 HS
TCOB_6's picture

Love the commit. However, I hope he didn't get caught up in the hype and commit prematurely. Kind of get nervous when a recruit commits on the spot.

buck-I.8's picture

He said before that if OSU offered he would commit. No rash decision here, he was waiting for the offer.

+6 HS
TCOB_6's picture

Good to hear. I had missed that he previously said that. At any rate, it's a great pickup for Ohio State.

Ludwig Yards's picture

He stated previously that if OSU offered he would commit, so it wasn't just an impulse.

Soggy_McMuffin's picture

No this kid has wanted this all year!! He's all in!! 

Gooz-fra-bah...

+1 HS
MAVBuck's picture

Ben Edwards who?

-2 HS
GlueFingers Lavelli's picture

Excited to have him on board. Seems like a nice kid and a hell of an athlete!!!!  We need a rangy ballhawk, welcome Tyler!

Dustin Fox was our leading tackler as a corner.... because his guy always caught the ball.

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Especially in the new Ash scheme.  Safeties need to be smart and athletic, able to react and recover. 

-1 HS
CincyBuckeye31's picture

Yay!!!!!  Go Bucks!

Seattle Linga's picture

We will be running on all cylinders very soon

+2 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

Speaking on his commitment.

+3 HS
TheVictoryBell45's picture

I love long rangy safeties and so do the Buckeye coaches. Mickey Marotti could turn this guy into an absolute freak in the back of the Buckeye defense! 

Let the Maryland to Ohio State pipeline begin! Darius Fullwood, you're next! Go Bucks! 

1967Buck's picture

Welcome Tyler, Welcome to the Buckeye family.

+1 HS
SpoonerBuck33's picture

Great news! Getting in at Dematha is a plus and working on Shane Simmons his teammate who is going to be big time will help also.

+1 HS
Gray Box's picture

He's already recruiting

<
/script

+6 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

This is probably a biased place to ask this, but is it weird that I was having a meh day and felt substantially happier after reading this?

+1 HS