Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Updates from Bill Kurelic

ab1993's picture
June 2, 2014 at 12:11pm
14 Comments

I won't give away too much because it is paid content. (247 sports is free for 90 days right now, so taking advantage of it)

1. With Burrow in the class, Clark is definitely visiting on June 17th. Burrow feels chances with Clark are pretty good. He is also focusing on instate players Hilliard, Dre'Mont Jones, Elijah Taylor, and Jerome Baker.

2. Clark was happy that we landed a pass first QB like Burrow. Was "a little nervous" before but since he wants to be somewhere there is a good QB who passes, he feels better about OSU now. 

3. Four schools to make cut for Jackson Harris are Alabama, UGA, Vandy, and UF. He still says OSU has a "small chance".

4. Kirk is coming out with a list of 8-10 top schools this week. OSU will be on it. 

5. LS Liam McCullough will be at LS camps at MSU, UW, UK, and OSU, getting 1-on-1 coaching with Urban and Dantonio.

osu07asu10's picture

Thanks for the updates AB.

Refreshing to hear some excitement (from other recruits) in regards to Burrow. I hope he lights up the camp circuit this summer and builds some strong relationships along the way.

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+2 HS
Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

It seems the tables have turned in a good way for the good guys for landing Chris Clark.

I think the main reason for this is the commitment of QB Joe Burrow + Torrance Gibson not being the only QB taken by OSU.

It's clear Gibson is a great athlete, but he'd be more of an athlete playing QB than a QB. I'd love to add Gibson, but think he'd eventually be better served at WR. He's inevitably going to end up playing there at some point anyways, if he wants to pursue a career in the NFL.

+1 HS
EvanstonBuckeye's picture

It really has kind of opened my eyes to a new way of thinking; that the more polished receivers might see dual threat quarterbacks as a bad fit for them. In this respect, then, the Alex Smith types seem to be more appealing if we're going to compete with the pro-set schools (of which the SEC has many).

+3 HS
kholmes's picture

The thing that I have found a bit strange is the emphasis on worrying so much about the QB that is in the same recruiting class as the receiver. Clark's opinion on OSU changed once Burrow committed and the same thing happened with Clark and Michigan after Malzone committed. Given that these schools generally take 1 QB every single year, there is a very high chance that the QB they come in with will never ever start a game for the team. If a receiver really is concerned with who the QB is, you would think he would worry just as much about the QBs taken in the past few recruiting classes at the school that just focusing who he is coming in with. 

+5 HS
Nick_Satan's picture

Just wondering anyone who does have 247? does the site allow you to crystal ball players just for your self, Just to see if you were right in your own predictions. As almost just for shits and grins or does it just allow writers and such to do so? because if it did I  might pay for the sight just to do that. I know it sounds corny. But it would be a game to me to see if i could guess right if i was to start getting in to it.

I am German so english is not my first language. Even though grammar Nazi's like to point out my mistakes all the time. It makes them feel better about them self.

osu07asu10's picture

It does not, and even if it did, still not worth the money. If at any point you are going to pay bucknuts or rivals...just donate to 11w!

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+8 HS
Ludwig Yards's picture

FWIW, you can see Crystal Ball predictions on 247 without paying. But no, they don't have "fan" predictions. Since 97% of fans don't know squat that would be a mess, IMO. And that other 3% are on 11W so....;)

+2 HS
osubuck57's picture

Oliver WR/TE looked pretty damn good over the weekend. I say we offer him and go hard to get him on board. What I think is funny about Bama being in his top 5 is they already got a commitment from Hentges, another TE we were after. Don't see him beating him out.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

wants to be somewhere there is a good QB

Then why is he considering Michigan?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+4 HS
skid21's picture

I wondered that myself. Not impressed with who they have coming or going this year, or next.

route4buckeye's picture

LOL Bucknuts is garbage besides Alex. If you're gonna pay, go to Scout or Rivals.

+1 HS

He is also focusing on instate players Hilliard, Dre'Mont Jones, Elijah Taylor, and Jerome Baker.

Don't forget Scott.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

ab1993's picture

Nope that's specifically who was mentioned

Class of '16

I'm saying he shouldn't forget Scott.

+3 HS