Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Weekend Updates from Columbus NFTC visits

KBonay's picture
May 31, 2014 at 9:42pm
45 Comments

Hadn't seen much posted yet from staff, so here are some twitter updates:

KBonay's picture

Some additional from earlier today

+14 HS
KBonay's picture
+12 HS
KBonay's picture

Here is Jashon Cornell's highlight from Soph year.  Love the shout out to play with Justin Hilliard in his tweet above. And I think you all will lake his intro to the highlights below #Swaggernut

Byaaaahhh's picture

Lot of activity. Will almost certainly pay dividends!

+1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

Birm, Kyle and I will be at NFTC. We'll have plenty on Twitter tomorrow and on 11W after returning home. 

tdible2132's picture

There's no question we almost always impress on these big weekends. Feels like it has to/will start leading to some commitments soon.

+2 HS
Alpo's picture

Nice post Kbonay, looking forward to hearing more tomorrow 

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Thanks for the update K - great to have a finger on the pulse of the heartbeat in Columbus. 

+2 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Thanks for these updates! Great to see all the recruits that were impressed today

+1 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Love the tweets about Harris, Hines, and Cornell!

+2 HS
CentralFloridaBuckeye's picture

Good stuff!  Love getting the recruiting info!!

Go Bucks!!

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

Good vibes...

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+3 HS
KBonay's picture

Thanks guys.  Couple more to end the evening....looks like our new young QB has assumed the leadership role along with Coach letting us all know things will be just fine.

+8 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

The fuse that lights the BOOM. 

bucks_symphony's picture

I like what I hear. WHO'S NEXT?! #elite15

+1 HS
BUCKSOMIES's picture

Thanks K, great stuff.  As the song says, "I feel good, and I knew that I would now".

+1 HS
osubuck57's picture

Daniels looks like a monster!! Great updates!!

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Wiltfong CB'd Damien Harris to OSU and Jashon Cornell which I thought was huge seeing how he rarely misses.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+5 HS
Danify's picture

Absolutely between Wiltfong and Birm. If anyone of them CB'd an recruit, it's a good sign.

KBonay's picture

Like how Cornell has come out with Buckeye interest.  Hope he pulls trigger before making other trips

+2 HS
KBonay's picture

AM Updates from NFTC include interviews:

+2 HS
KBonay's picture
+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Double Double Post Post (as if I needed additional posts in this thread!)

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Brendan Ferns '16 LB

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

That's the first time I've heard Damien Harris speak.  Sounds like a smart, level headed guy off the field.  Want this kid even more now!!!

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

More on '15 DE Jashon Cornell

KBonay's picture

@SWiltfong247: Flipped my @247CrystalBall to #OhioState for five-star DL Jashon Cornell. All the info why here (VIP): http://t.co/7BedGPnjvR

KBonay's picture

Bring on the Canadian! Neville Gallimore highlight

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

Darius Fullwood '15 DE

Buck Commander's picture

Latest on Torrence Gibson

Source Alabama.com

AUBURN, Alabama -- A few days before his Saturday visit to Auburn, elite dual-threat quarterback Torrance Gibson named Auburn and Tennessee his co-leaders.

After Big Cat Weekend, Auburn's annual bond-building recruiting event, the Tigers moved up even further.

"It moved them up a lot," said the coveted five-star prospect. "(The coaches) aren't always talking about football, they're just enjoying life, and that's what they taught me today. It's a big difference, not seeing them as a football coach, but as a person and how they really act."

He said Auburn and Tennessee are his biggest recruiters, followed by LSU and Miami. Joining the Tigers, Volunteers, Bayou Bengals and Hurricanes on his most recent list are Oklahoma, Ohio State and Central Florida.

"I don't know if there's going to be another official cut, that was my final seven," he said. "I just want to focus on those seven schools."

As for Tennessee, Gibson is impressed with head coach Butch Jones' efforts on the recruiting trail.

He also said he is going to take each school's success on the field in 2014 into consideration. 

"I want to win too, I don't want to lose," he said. "That's why I'm committing. I want to win."

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

OSU069's picture

"I want to win too, I don't want to lose," he said. "That's why I'm committing. I want to win."

Well he is definitely not going to Tennessee then. 

+4 HS
Phickell's picture

Looks like Tim Settle is enjoying himself in Cbus... :)

+3 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Some of Columbus' finest

+1 HS
KBonay's picture

@MarcGivlerBG: 5* RB Damien Harris says he is getting comfortable with #OhioState and talks to the staff daily. More here https://t.co/cmZG25oyjQ #Buckeyes

+2 HS
Poison nuts's picture

Does anyone know how Joe Burrow did today???

"Death created time to grow the things that it would kill" - Detective Rustin Cohle.

KBonay's picture

This was all I saw:

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

It's been a while since I felt this good about our recruiting. EXCITED!

+1 HS
Buck Commander's picture

Tim Settle looks like he might SETTLE down in Columbus just fine.......WOW

Every time I set my DVR to record Biggest Loser......It always records Wolverine Football Games!

+2 HS
teddyballgame's picture

I'm trying to stay level headed but...the idea of possibly landing Hilliard, Harris, Cornell....hell maybe even Kirk.  This class could be LOADED in the backend.

Seattle Linga's picture

It certainly is fun thinking about it. If they all commit it would be one heck of a summer

Mortc15's picture

Don't see why that's not a realistic possibility.  Pulling Kirk from A&M will be tough, but let's see how they do this year without a certain qb leading them. That might make all the difference if they stumble some. 

Buck-I4Life

sivaDavis's picture

According to Bill Kurelic, Michael Weber told him that the Buckeyes are #1 on his list. 

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Calgarybuck's picture

As in Mike Weber from Cass tech?

+1 HS