Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Nyheim Hines?

WesPatterson23's picture
May 31, 2014 at 4:50pm
25 Comments

He is the #4 all-purpose back for 2015, which probably means h-back for us. On 247 they rank his speed as a 10, and plus his highlights are pretty impressive (sorry I don't know how to put it on here). He is unofficially visiting here this weekend (camp), but there are currently no crystal balls for him to tOSU, and I know CB's aren't everything. I remember reading he said we were his leaders a ways back, and his recruiter was Everitt Withers, so with him gone that definitely hurt our chances. So does anybody know if we still stand a chance? 

Danify's picture

Damien Harris and Nyheim Hines in the same recruiting class ... that would be fantastic to watch for years to come. Thunder and Lightning! Boom and Zoom!

Zoooooooooom!

+4 HS
Gametime's picture

Nyheim's acceleration is ridiculous! He also has excellent patience & vision!

...I too dream in color and in rhyme
So I guess I'm one of a kind in a full house
Cause whenever I open my heart, my soul or my mouth
A touch of God rains out...

+2 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture

Just watched his film for the first time.  OMG!  He gets up to full speed so quick.  Why hasn't Urbz been all over this kid???

+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

great video, on another note: music is just getting weirder and weirder.

sharks's picture

I think my favorite thing about recruiting are the unique names.

I remember that OSU was after a kid named Shyheim.  It would be great to get both Shyheim and Nyheim.  And Equanimeous St. Brown, which is my second all-time favorite after Craphonso Thorpe, who I think played for FSU about 10 years ago.

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

-1 HS
Jordan Wagner's picture

I'm a big fan of Hines. I'm not sure why Ohio State isn't pursuing him harder. I thought it was weird that last week they sent a coach to NC but he didn't stop to see Hines. 

He will be at NFTC tomorrow. We hope to speak with him then. 

Seattle Linga's picture

Things that make you go ........... hmmmmmmmmmmm

Jugdish's picture

He visisted OSU today. Did anyone get any info on how his day went? I want this young man.

Remember to get your wolverine spade or neutered. TBDBITL

CentralFloridaBuckeye's picture

Insanely fast!  Wow, he's got talent!  Keepin the fingers crossed for OSU!

Go Bucks!

NCBucks's picture

I have played against Nyheim Hines. He is one QUICK dude.. he is able to squeeze through holes and accelerate fast. His combination of his size and speed made my teammates miss. He is LEGIT.

+2 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

I saw on twitter somebody posted that he said he's never seen anything like Ohio State!

+1 HS
SilverState's picture
+1 HS
FROMTHE18's picture

Him and Harris would be an awesome duo in this class.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

That tandem would be off the charts!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

Does anybody have updates on this speedster?

305Buck's picture

Says he talks to Coach Meyer once a week, will take an official visit before deciding late. 

Would be a nice consolation prize if we miss out on Kirk.

+1 HS
ronbizi's picture

Seems like he's more than a consolation prize.

+1 HS
305Buck's picture

Most definitely, they are very comparable on the field. The reason I say consolation is because 247 composite has him ranked #152 while Kirk is ranked #36 and a 5 star.

WesPatterson23's picture

Yeah that's what I was thinking. With EGW going to defense (likely), we need to get at least one slot guy.

305Buck's picture

I don't see EGW moving to defense. He's not big enough, as Ash & Coombs seem to be targeting bigger/lengthier DBs, and he's such a dynamic player with the ball in his hands.

+1 HS
WesPatterson23's picture

True, but at FNL he mentioned that he might play defense in college, and that's where he got most of his reps.

Groveport Heisman's picture

I'd tad him to take over the Dontre Wilson role here. Kid is a purebred blazer.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.