Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

SoSo Jamabo?

Buckeye Knight's picture
May 30, 2014 at 6:59pm
90 Comments

I haven't heard anything about him lately.  Anyone know what is up, who his favs are at this point, etc. (Still looking like Oklahoma)?  I thought he was pretty high on us early on?

Johnny-Shane_Utah-Falco's picture

Good Lord, based on that name alone --- I hope we get him.

That's my favorite name in the recruiting cycle thus far!

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Still bummed we missed out on Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix

+3 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I really wanted Terrell Clinkscales, the juco DT.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Chubb Small was my favorite recruit of all time.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Are you 2  fellows trying to act like my uncle is not good enough for a scholarship to tOSU?

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+3 HS
ponder10's picture

Jammie Jammie-Jammie won the Heisman trophy.

Jammie Jammie-Jammie > Bisquiteen Trisket & Hingle McCringleberry & Jackmerius Tacktheritrix

“In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.” ~ Baba Dioum

+1 HS
DrSpaceman's picture

And everybody's talking about Fudge!

"Medicine is not a science" - Leo Spaceman

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

What about Equanimeous St. Brown?

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

My wife worked in the records dept at OSUMC during college. One of her tasks was to get the names of the children from the new mothers for birth certificate purposes. A couple highlights:

Shithead ...pronounced Sha-thee-udd

Lemongelo
Orangelo....these two were twins, mom had lemon and orange Jello in her room

i don't know if they play football, but it's the off season and stupid names are funny

-1 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture

I knew a Shithead. That's not an issue since it's an actual name in their culture. But naming your kids after Jell-o...? 

AndyVance's picture

Hmmm... not saying it didn't happen, but that sounds a lot like an anecdote from one of my favorite books, Freakonomics. Perhaps Mrs. 05 was their source, yes?

+6 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

I likewise enjoyed Freakonimics....read it so long ago I don't remember that part ....my wife sticks by her story (just confirmed)

+2 HS
buck-I.8's picture

Every other person in the country has a "my (arbitrary relation) knows someone named Shithead" story. Surely there aren't thousands of people named Shithead on the planet.

+1 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

There are thousands of shitheads out there....but I agree that there probably comparatively fewer Shitheads

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

So funny.  Everyone tells this story like its their own.

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

Wasn't this guy in Dazed and Confused?

+1 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

I've heard the Lemongelo and Oreangelo story before. Not sure if it's just an urban legend, or just widespread, since I was living in Memphis at the time...

+1 HS
Citrus's picture

I've heard it in various parts of the country multiple times. I am calling BS.

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Worked with a man who was named - Richard Glick - I will let you take it from there..........

+2 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

Went to HS with a Stori Love...

+1 HS
BuckeyeChief's picture

I once had a Sailor named Skye Rider Crunk. And he was a cowboy from New Mexico.

"Damn I miss El Guapo"

+2 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

When you say HAD - do you mean been with............. haha

+3 HS
Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

"Chief" should have been explanation enough.

+1 HS
BuckeyeChief's picture

Wow, SMDH LOL. No. There was once a Sailor in the division that I ran by that name.

"Damn I miss El Guapo"

+1 HS
Woodshed's picture

Volleyball player?

CincyBuckeye31's picture

I work with a guy named Richard Johnson...

chicagobuckeye's picture

that's funny, my names Richard Johnson

+1 HS
Bucknut-in-the-South's picture

Similar story - one of my college friends was named Richard Hertzer. We called him Big Dick.

Similar story - one of my college friends was named Richard Hertzer. We called him Big Dick.

Seattle Linga's picture

Slow down there South - no need to triple post - HAHA

+2 HS

I really thought it was funny, obviously, I posted three times. Apologies!

+1 HS
BGBOY's picture

I have heard the Shithead name before. One of my fellow teachers said she had Orangelo Lemongelo in class  when she taught in Columbus. Played softball with Dick Glick. A local realtor is named Dick Long. Had a student named Spring Frame. There was a guy that was always in trouble when I lived in Florida by the name of Bongo Rock.

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish.

Knarcisi's picture

Worked with a guy named Dick Gripp. My uncle's name is Harry Bonar (pronounced boner). His first son's name is Jack. 

+1 HS

Seriously grew up with a fellow named Harry Cox. Felt pretty sorry for him.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

JohnnyKozmo's picture

My buddy is an elementary teacher-had a kid named Bossman in his class.  Immigrant from an African country.  

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

There was a longtime urologist in Toledo named Dick Tapper. 

True story. 

+4 HS
RubixTube's picture

my FIL was a patient of Dr. Tapper!

I grew up in Hilliard and a longtime friend of the Hilliard (Davidson now) Baseball program was Coach Harry Butt...I still remember him telling me to "line those knuckles up" when batting.

2 most important rules of successful businessmen:
1. Never share everything you know....

rosycheeks's picture

Best thread ever, and I don't even really care about Soso Jamabo.

+1 HS
osubuck57's picture

Soso is expected to stay in the southwest. Baylor and Oklahoma are his top 2, I believe.

SCOTTC.

+1 HS
ITWASME's picture

I haven't ever met him but so many kids I know have mentioned some kid whose name is Cannon Dick

+1 HS
PittBuckeye's picture

One useful post in this entire thread. 

+2 HS
ronbizi's picture

And yours wasn't it.

+2 HS
ronbizi's picture

And yours wasn't it.

Just had my first double post.  I have arrived on this website.

+4 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Welcome to the wonderful world of technology 

+2 HS
WezBuck28's picture

There's a dude that works at a local hardware store where I live, and his name is Michael Hunt..but goes by Mike..
I work with guy names Rowdi Mullet..
One of my coaches names was Coach Butts, his daughter..Keisha..
I could probably keep going, but I'm gonna stop for now..

+1 HS
AndyVance's picture

I went to FFA Camp with the aforementioned Mr. Mullet, actually. Small world, ain't it?

+1 HS
GulfCoastBuck's picture

Here are two good ones from the military I've run across, Harry Poon and I have an award signed by Major Harry Beaver. Also have a relative named Richard Sweat who chooses to go by the nickname of Dick.

Seattle Linga's picture

Any relation to this R&B singer

+2 HS
Kid Gloves's picture

Good singer - still on tour

+2 HS
bigDbuck's picture

Was a good friend through highschool. Richard Butrick. 

ronbizi's picture

Knew a girl in college named Hardik.

+1 HS
SonOfBuckeye's picture

I have an award signed by Major Harry Beaver.

I see your major and raise you Dr. Harry Beaver, OB/GYN.

Edit:  Maybe it's the same guy.  I see the doctor trained at Letterman Army Med Ctr.

Knew a girl in college named Hardik.

I went to high school with a girl named Wang Bang.

+3 HS
IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

Went to high school with the infamous Michael Hunt. Poor guy.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+1 HS
takethetitle's picture

Once knew a guy names Richard Ramdass. No kidding.

+1 HS
BuckNutzGasMan's picture

I worked for Dick Ryder.

rjsmitty's picture

I work with a guy right now named Richard Muscle.

+1 HS
RBuck's picture

Went to high school with Harry Butts.

"It's just another case of there you are". ~ Doc (1918-2012)

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Holden McGroin - sorry I'll leave now.............

+1 HS
allinosu's picture

We had a guy in the phone book named Harry Athole.

+1 HS
tdible2132's picture

I know a Hugh Jass

BuckNutzGasMan's picture

Went to school with Anita Bonner.  She would correct you if you didn't pronouce it Bow-ner.

Seattle Linga's picture

I pray she eventually got married.

Braxton2Devin's picture

There was a girl at my high school named "-eila" (pronounced Dash-eela)

Crimson's picture

Did you also know Le-ah (pronounced Le-dash-uh)?

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Cuz the "Dash" don't be silent

+1 HS
Braxton2Devin's picture

There was a girl at my high school named "-eila" (pronounced Dash-eela)

SGTREDLEG's picture

Sat behind a girl in 7th grade named April May June.  I know man named Dick Lust as well.

SGTREDLEG

+3 HS
johnny11's picture

@sgtredleg with a handle like that you have to know your way around a howitzer or im disappointed. lol

+1 HS
SGTREDLEG's picture

I just saw your reply about my handle and yes I do.  I worked on the M109 in AIT, the M110 for 3 yrs at Ft. Sill, 4 yrs on the M101 in Alaska and 2 yrs. on the M198 in Hawaii.  From driver to asst. gunner to gunner and section chief.

SGTREDLEG

+3 HS
johnny11's picture

@sgtredleg fellow 13B here. I was a 1 man and a gunnar on M119 A2 in AIT, same for the M198, and same for the M777. I was in the National Guard. Only active duty I did was one tour in Iraq.. Go Bucks

Patriot4098's picture

I was stationed with a girl named Seamen. Not too humoring by itself, but Airmen Seamen amuses me. Then she married my best friend.

"Evil shenanigans!"     - Mac

+3 HS
daytonbuckeye's picture

Private Seaman or Major Seaman could be just as bad. 

+4 HS
BuckeyeChief's picture

I also knew a female: Seamen Lusty, as well as a Petty Officer Ensign.

"Damn I miss El Guapo"

+2 HS
tussey's picture

I was hoping for a great discussion for Soso Jamabo.  I didn't realize it was going to be all name jokes

+2 HS
jamesrbrown322's picture

None of them real...but reported as though they were...classic!

+10 HS
OSU_ALUM_05's picture

There used to be a propane (I think) distributor around Columbus named Richard Butt...not sure if he's still doing business

Swayze's picture

worked with a girl named Sharen Peters. No lie,

703Buckeye's picture

I went to middle school with Saddam Hussein... We had to evacuate the school because he brought C4 into the school. I couldn't make up something this good if I tried.

"Attack the Strong, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead!"
-Former OSU S&C Coach Lichter

+1 HS
tussey's picture

I'm surprised no one posted this yet

+6 HS

Wow Tussey I dont normally click on links or even play buttons(bad virus experience) but that freaking delivered for sure. Not sure if I shouldnt mention my wife and 2 small children were also laughing their asses off but oh well.  + a million.

Hayesedandconfused's picture

Went to the state schampship games a few years back strangest name I heard Fuckquad...

1MechEng's picture

Dr. Weed, the EE professor in the 80's and 90's at tOSU?! I had him for Circuits 1 and 2 ...

On edit: not joking!

Gray Box's picture

Sotonye "Soso" Jamabo is expected to stay in the south. The only Crystal Ball not predicted to a Texas/Oklahoma school is Notre Dame and they are only at 9%. He preformed great at The Opening and I believe was on the All Offensive Team as a RB. I believe that the Ohio State coaches like their chances with guys as close, if not higher then him, on their board. He did like Ohio State, but pulling him out of Texas looks like it would have been pretty tough, especially with all the talent in Ohio and boardering states that are/were interested in the Buckeyes.