Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

Shaun Crawford's Visit to OSU is Off...

DJ Byrnes's picture
May 30, 2014 at 11:30am
36 Comments

MacG91's picture

He would of been a luxury add, no need to add another player at his position but would of been nice to have. 

Mac..yeah

osubuck57's picture

Can't say I'm surprised. Seems like he's headed to Notre Dame. And they just flipped Barajas, originally committed to PSU. Best of luck to him!!

SCOTTC.

Groveport Heisman's picture

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

+6 HS
Jdadams01's picture

The Wire will always get an upvote from me

+1 HS
BuckeyeNationforLife's picture

Not going to be the guy that says "well we didn't want him", because he is a great player. I wish him luck at Notre Dame, just not if we're the ones they're playing!

+2 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

It won't happen. ND doesn't have the balls to sign up for a series against Ohio State.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+9 HS

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

-3 HS

Accidental double..Enjoy this though.

BayArea_Buckeye's picture

Hate to see a Cleveland 4* recruit go out of state, but time to move on.

jamesrbrown322's picture

At least it's not *ichigan.

"I can accept failure, but I cannot accept not trying." - W.W. Hayes

+3 HS
osu07asu10's picture

Sox can rest easy...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+7 HS

Man I imagine he may get a mid-day nap with this news.

+3 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

It's irrelevant to me, but for Sox' peace of mind I wonder if it was canceled by SC or the staff.

+4 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

He was coming up for an unofficial visit as a part of the NFTC camp, right? I really don't think the staff would say "Oh hey, you can't come camp here."

More likely: His parent's don't want to drive all the way down to Columbus right now.

BONUS BASELESS SPECULATION: Since he got suspended for the fight, perhaps his parents are grounding him by not letting him go to the NFTC.

Either way, as someone who doesn't actually know anything, I'm pretty sure that this wasn't canceled by the staff.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+4 HS
BrowardBuckeye's picture

If your logic/speculation is accurate, so much for Sox' siesta.

Maybe calm down a tiny bit and...

+2 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

Eh, I'm not riled up or anything, it's just a reaaaaaally slow day at my internship.

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+6 HS

Hah nice one, Hopefully you are interning at a plush law office and not the Franklin County prosecutors office. =)

bodast67's picture

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+3 HS
TraSmith4's picture

As one legend goes once Woody understood that he wasn't getting a kid he would openly praise Notre Dame to the kid and his family as to specifically deter them from choosing TTUN. I consider it a minor win if he doesn't end up with that team he originally committed to. 

+8 HS
Brutus' Left Nut's picture

Woody played in a strong Big Ten and TTUN was at least competitive.  We need them to get at least some recruits...It's much sweeter when they have high hopes based on recruiting/September Heismans and then get beat up than when they go into the game thinking they'll lose.  Can't even have shit talking bouts with TTUN fans anymore, they recognize their team is in the dumps and that takes the fun out of it.  We need a rival back, otherwise we're just the bully beating up the disabled kid.

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

I don't disagree BLN the B1G seriously needs TTUN, Nebraska, and PSU to all get back to national prominence status. I just want TTUN to do it with kids NOT from OHIO making those Heisman poses. That is all! 

+2 HS

I have to say I envy you getting this screen name when I have been denied my "Futt Bucker" account 3 times now.

-3 HS
NW Buckeye's picture

Woody steered more kids to PSU than to ND.  And PSU returned the favor on several occasions.  Brian Baschnagel was a prime example of one who ended up in the Scarlet and Gray. 

+1 HS
TraSmith4's picture

NWB I don't doubt that he also would have also steered kids to PSU seeing as how they were not in the B1G back then it would only make sense. The ND story however is the only story I have heard from multiple channels throughout the years. Fielding Yost hated ND and would try and steer kids away from ND and so Woody took joy in seeing a kid especially a catholic kid who was considering TTUN pick ND instead. Not only that but Woody knew he wouldn't be playing ND anytime soon because Ara Parseghian always refused to play OSU.

-1 HS
bodast67's picture

" I hope when I die, I die laughing"...                

+1 HS
Hovenaut's picture

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

Who is she?

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

Hovenaut's picture

Cheryl Cole - some British chick. Hot.

"Success...it's what you do with what you got" - Woody Hayes

FROMTHE18's picture

lot of 'expert' chatter pointing him to ND

TraSmith4's picture

He's all Irish it's all over but the official announcement.

B1G_Deal's picture

GOOD .. SOUNDS LIKE A PUNK AND HE 'S GOT NAPOLEANIC COMPLEX BECAUSE HE'S MIDGETSIZED ,,

-10 HS
Go1Bucks's picture

So some ND rag sends out a tweet and its gospel?

Go Bucks!

Eph97's picture

I'm all for UM getting good again....after they give up the all time series lead to OSU, the only thing they can hang their hat on now.