Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State football and basketball recruiting.

No grey box?

The Clean North's picture
May 27, 2014 at 4:41pm
17 Comments

Are we waiting for more official word than the sources that are already out there before it gets put up or what? Every Buckeye deserves a grey box no matter how many stars he has. Dust it off!

Didn't think that was the new grey box. Same info for sure but doesn't quite pop out like it used to.

+2 HS
BayArea_Buckeye's picture

11W did away with the gray box, which is super odd to me. Gray boxes have a cult following and so easy to do, but for some reason, 11W staff didn't want to continue the tradition. 

Recruiting updates are just not the same without it. Love the new site format, am extremely disappointed with the lack of the gray box. The one thing I miss from the last website revision. 

Recruit commitments are not distinguished any differently than regular updates/news! 

+8 HS
Jason Priestas's picture

While it didn't make it into the update, something along the lines of a gray box is on our list of things to do, rest assured.

osu07asu10's picture

Every Buckeye deserves a grey gray box no matter how many stars he has. Dust it off!

EDIT: Fascinating there are many fans on here who wish to misspell our university's official color...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

-3 HS

Please tell me the difference?

-1 HS
osu07asu10's picture

That one is the university used spelling, and the other is not.

I thought the link was pretty straightforward

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+3 HS
AndyVance's picture

OSU07ASU10 is right on the money - the Ohio State "brand standards" call for the American rather than the English spelling of the word. We had an interesting discussion on the subject here a year or two back, as I recall.

+1 HS
TheBadOwl's picture

The OSU Branding stuff blows my mind. I do a lot of branding work in my internship and there are so many little nuances about OSU branding that are kind of awesome.

Also, for anyone wondering, the site is http://brand.osu.edu/

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

+1 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

That made my skin crawl.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

Is this on the blooper/outtake reel from Terminator 2!?

+2 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture

Looks like a "snake" firework that isn't giving off any smoke......... Dud!

BuckeyeinToledo's picture

I feel as if I could stare at this for hours...

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

-Woody Hayes

Earle's picture

This is a black and white issue. Most definitely a gray area.

+2 HS
InvertMyVeer's picture

Football is complicated...

+1 HS